Community MetaSteam | December 2021 - All I want for Christmas is a SteamDeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Thank you for the thread Mor!

Wishing you the very best lashman!

___

Really looking forward to Monster Rancher 1&2 this month. Like reallyyyyy looking forward to it. I loved those games when I was a child and thought I would never get the chance to play them again outside of emulation.

Purchased way too many games this sale, though I am planning on a smaller Christmas sale this year.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
Open for a nice Christmas surprise :blobhug:

⠄⠄⢀⡋⣡⣴⣶⣶⡀⠄⠄⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣴⣿⣿⣿⢃⣤⣄⣀⣥⣿⣿⠄
⠄⠄⢸⣇⠻⣿⣿⣿⣧⣀⢀⣠⡌⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠿⣿⣿⣿⠄
⠄⢀⢸⣿⣷⣤⣤⣤⣬⣙⣛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿⣿⡍⠄⠄⢀⣤⣄⠉⠋⣰
⠄⣼⣖⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢇⣿⣿⡷⠶⠶⢿⣿⣿⠇⢀⣤
⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣽⣿⣿⣿⡇⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣶⣥⣴⣿⡗
⢀⠈⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠄
⢸⣿⣦⣌⣛⣻⣿⣿⣧⠙⠛⠛⡭⠅⠒⠦⠭⣭⡻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠃⠄
⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠹⠈⢋⣽⣿⣿⣿⣿⣵⣾⠃⠄
⠄⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠄⣴⣿⣶⣄⠄⣴⣶⠄⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠈⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢻⣿⣿⣿⠄⣿⣿⡀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣛⠛⠁⠄⠄

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Christmas game? Hmmm... Condemned lol
It will probably be Skyrim as i haven't played it for years and recently bought the SE & Anniversary edition and it's a nice comfy game to play.
The main question is can i overcome my nature and make a non-stealthy archer build?

Can i hell! Stealthy Archery here we come! Wooo.

I have close to 3 weeks off and a big backlog of games i'm at 75% complete with so i'll probably finishe those off too.

Deleted member 113

There's a DLC for Rain On Your Parade coming out on December 15th:

For those that yet to play the game, it's a charming, fun little game, that has more variations in gameplay than it may first appear, like some stealth levels parodying the Metal Gear Solid series! :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
So what is everyone Christmas game?
I have 8 games chosen for the next month or so. I may finish all, I won't, or none. Plans may also change.

Phoenix Point is interesting, much more sandbox than XCOM. I just opened up a 2nd base and instead of building them a new transport ship, I just stole one from one of the three major factions. Some sort of balloon, slow but carries heaps of soldiers.

Deleted member 113

DONTNOD forgot to advertise Twin Mirror is out on Steam, since they didn't even mentioned it on social media (apparently, they forgot about the game as well :LOL:).

But, they prepared a trailer for the Steam release (which remains unlisted on Youtube; again, way to promote your games :thinking-face:).
It's this one:

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
  • Trails in the Sky the 3rd - started playing it earlier this year, took a break when PSO2 NGS released, and recently been continuing it, now at the end of chapter 5.
  • FFXIV - with the Endwalker release, I'm starting the post Stormblood content as Summoner.
  • PSO2 NGS - checking out the new region that is releasing on the 15th, but I'm not expecting much from it, just more of the same, but in a different zone.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Another ex-egs exclusive:

With some really bad regional pricing, except for Turkey, which I'm guessing it won't be long now before it starts getting screwed like Argentina.
I completely forgot about that game

I still don't know, maybe some lighthearted/comfy game :thinking-face:

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
DONTNOD forgot to advertise Twin Mirror is out on Steam, since they didn't even mentioned it on social media (apparently, they forgot about the game as well :LOL:).

But, they prepared a trailer for the Steam release (which remains unlisted on Youtube; again, way to promote your games :thinking-face:).
It's this one:
I think it's fair to say that everyone forgot about the game, I know it just released, but this is just .... sad:

I'm sure it generated a lot of interest on EGS :p

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
New Yogcast bundle coming today. Games:

Keys will expire in a month. Not on humble, some other fund raising site. Pricey as well.

Deleted member 113

Wartales was out for a few minutes on Early Access, but now appears to be (momentarily?) gone again?
Weird.

Anyway, it looks really cool, but 31,49€ for an early access game, coming out right after 2 Steam sales, is a bit outside my range at the moment. :)
Bought several cool games and DLCs these past few weeks, time to play at least some of them, instead of wasting more € adding to the backlog. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
There's a DLC for Rain On Your Parade coming out on December 15th:

For those that yet to play the game, it's a charming, fun little game, that has more variations in gameplay than it may first appear, like some stealth levels parodying the Metal Gear Solid series! :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

huh, just played through this on Game Pass a few weeks back and enjoyed it. Wonder how much they're charging for the DLC

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
Wartales was out for a few minutes on Early Access, but now appears to be (momentarily?) gone again?
Weird.

Anyway, it looks really cool, but 31,49€ for an early access game, coming out right after 2 Steam sales, is a bit outside my range at the moment. :)
Bought several cool games and DLCs these past few weeks, time to play at least some of them, instead of wasting more € adding to the backlog. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I got the email saying it's out now, but there's no option to buy it lol
oh its at the very bottom of the description

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
More Hitman 3 - Hitman has great holiday vibes, especially with the rerelease of the winter events
based, as i've said 5000 times already over the course of these few days, i can't wait for the pcvr mode in january 2022

playstation's VR of Hitman 3 feels like a watered down port of H3; you're not experiencing true freedom of movement, it doesn't capture the real essence of being a bald guy who apparently thought that detonating a racing car as well as dropping the driver of the racing car's dad onto the racing track is a good idea for an assassination

psvr's gameplay is limited by the dualshock exclusivity; you can only use your dualshock, and in that sense, you can only use "one hand" which emulates the usage of two hands, but it's a long way from actually using the two hands most vr headsets offer these days
the few bits of gameplay we've seen is already a huge step up; ONE HANDED SHOOTING, ACTUAL THROWING, SO MUCH FUN

i'm not implying anything, but after i've played 50 hours of hitman 3 pc vr, the days of the entire country of Bolivia is limited

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
New Yogcast bundle coming today. Games:

Keys will expire in a month. Not on humble, some other fund raising site. Pricey as well.
Hell of a bundle though. Contains a bunch of stuff I'd like to have. Anodyne 2, Disc Room, Heaven's Vault, Murder by Numbers, Pictoquest, Wildermyth. And I'll have a bunch of extras for trades, giveaways or to prop up my game count :evilblob:

I think I might just bite. Or I'll seek out the games I want on trading boards...

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I don't have a Christmas game as such...
But I'm playing Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey on the backlog blitz at the moment and I expect they will take me well into back half of the month, not sure what's after that. I also ended up reinstalling Tametsi after talking about it a bit with beep boop in the previous thread, so if that takes a hold of me I'll probably play that every now and then. I need a Voxelgram sequel real bad. :blobnerd:

I also recently installed HITMAN 2 again, I need to clean up all the mastery and achievements in there before HITMAN 3 comes to steam. And also I installed Binary Domain, figured I'd finally play that too. So my plate is full.

Kinda miss the days back in Era or GAF when he would post so often that people call him the "lashbot".

:thinking-blob:

I just started Mass Effect Andromeda. Apart from some weird character animations in cutscenes, it's actually very decent.
I also finally played it earlier this year and liked it actually quite a lot in the end.
Way way more than Dragon Age Inquisition for example. It's amusing to look back on those two and look at the reception and compare that to my own experience and enjoyment of them.

After finishing Dragon Age Inquisition

After finishing Mass Effect Andromeda

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I need a Voxelgram sequel real bad.
I think I'll be picking that up next sale along with those two Globesweeper games for some cozy 3D takes on my favorite puzzle games. I'm still working my way through Tametsi and doubt I'll finish that by then. Hell of a game. Ten hours in give or take and I've only done 30/160 puzzles :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:

By the way, it's not listed in the controls, I think, but if you hold down Ctrl over a space, it'll highlight which surrounding spaces it affects. Really useful in the puzzles with diagonals, which I tend to overlook.

Last edited:

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
Thanks Mor for the thread.
Hope you're doing ok lashman. :cat-heart-blob:

---

I did go on a spending spree in the recent sale picking up: Filament, Dead Cells & Friends Bundle, RE Village, Days Gone, Phoenix Point and Ruined King.

So for a Christmas game I might start either RE Village or Days Gone or maybe I'll get back into reading VNs.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Is AC Valhalla really like 100 hours long? Im at 45 hours and starting to feel I would be ok if it could end soon.XD

Edit: don't get me wrong, I really do like it!
According to HLTB the main campaign is 58 hours long

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
So maybe I should play Andromeda at some point?

Yesterday I finished Lost Ruins on the Steam Deck.
It's a pretty good Metroidvania, though not as good as many others on Steam. But that's really more because of the sheer amount of excellent games in that genre that are available. The biggest "problem" I had with it is that between 2 weapon slots and 3 artifact slots, all of which can have very impactful effects, it might give you too much power to create a build, especially in the latter half of the game. To me the difficulty curve basically went up pretty steep for the first few hours and then it just got progressively easier. To the extent that I basically 1-shot each phase of the final boss with a single spell.

Anyway, thanks for the thread Mor!

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Twitch Prime games are up. Two GOG keys this month (Frostpunk & Journey to the Savage Planet), no EGS. Need for Speed: HP Remastered for Origin. Twitch Launcher games: Morkredd, Spellcaster University, Youtubers Life (lol Twitch), Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse, and the Tales of Monkey Island.

Just a heads up for anyone looking for cheap keys or if you have a Prime acct.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Thank you so much for the thread Mor, you did a great job! 🥰

I'm a huge fan of Shiro's previous games, so I'm looking forward to Wartales. I hope it's good.

Also, I haven't been very active here lately, but that's because I'm spending a few extra hundred hours in Oxygen Not Included. I really want to launch a rocket this time 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.