Community MetaSteam | December 2021 - All I want for Christmas is a SteamDeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I feel that this is just another marketing exercise. "Check out the NFT auctions, there are huge bargains to be had!"
Full story says it got instantly listed for 10x price and sold instantly again, now listed again for much higher price...

surely not speculation and just gameplay purproses here.......

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Have you played Thronebreaker? That has a lot of neat puzzle battles where you're provided with a premade deck and then need to think about how to satisfy victory conditions using them. Really fun.
Yeah, I remember that being pretty good.

Thinking about it, Gwent relies just, way too much on FOMO for me to want to play again. I sank way too much money into cosmetic crap when I first got into it.

• Eyes

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im gonna be pissed at MS if part of the deal with som PC game pass games is delaying the Steam version somehow. I just really don't wanna rent The Gunk and Im in no way buying it on MS Store.

• Eyes

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
Some details from Slitherine winter conference stream (I only watched a small part of it):
  • Overall big growth of the company
  • Sold over 2 million games in the last 12 month (sales doubled since 2017)
  • Big growth in the "professional" (military) part of the company :unamused-face:. This part is now at 25 percent of the company turnover.
  • Staff grew by 1/3 in the last year. This also means a new company structure (more management necessary etc.).
  • A high percentage of the staff did already work remotely before the pandemic. Therefore the pandemic did not hit Slitherine as much as some other companies. But integrating new people and team building is problematic.
  • They want to broaden their (both on PC and consoles) audience with bigger and more story heavy games. But they will also continue too produce games for their (hard) core fans.
Distant Worlds 2 will release on March 10 2022 :blobeyes:

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Today I thought: What the hell, I haven't started any new game yet, might as well check this crossover update to Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

Only to find out that the update apparently completed borked the sound (no music or sound effects, only dialog playing) on the Steam version.

I guess that's one way to try to make people remember you're not on Steam anymore....

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I have got to the Anor Londo knock off area of Code Vein, and it’s really pushing my patience now. I’m close to dropping this.

it’s a pretty solid if unremarkable soulslike but this section is a bloody nightmare
It's fucking awful.
Look up a guide if you have to (shit sucks to navigate even with the minimap).
Thankfully there's nothing even remotely as bad as it afterwards.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I have got to the Anor Londo knock off area of Code Vein, and it’s really pushing my patience now. I’m close to dropping this.

it’s a pretty solid if unremarkable soulslike but this section is a bloody nightmare
I haven't played Dark Souls, but I assume you mean Cathedral of the Sacred Blood, am I correct? This area is bad, real bad...

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020

Well since you're not enjoying the Cathedral, you'll be delighted to know they reuse its assets later on to make the Crypt Spire. I dunno if it's any better, because I dropped the game before then, but I can't imagine making the assets a little darker improves much.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018

It's fucking awful.
Look up a guide if you have to (shit sucks to navigate even with the minimap).
Thankfully there's nothing even remotely as bad as it afterwards.
I haven't played Dark Souls, but I assume you mean Cathedral of the Sacred Blood, am I correct? This area is bad, real bad...
I remember that section being a bit harder to navigate, but I liked it overall. What would y'all do in a Daggerfall dungeon? ;)

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Well since you're not enjoying the Cathedral, you'll be delighted to know they reuse its assets later on to make the Crypt Spire. I dunno if it's any better, because I dropped the game before then, but I can't imagine making the assets a little darker improves much.
Nah that area is pretty decent.

• Eyes

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
I am adding everyone in this thread with less than a thousand games to my ignore list. You people disgust me and should be ashamed of yourselves. Some how I have over 3k games and I don't know how that happened...

That area was so fucking awful, I almost bailed there as well.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
... I need to email my current office to resign from there. Tomorrow!

Tried Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon, but it's very much the kind of roguelike I don't like, where it's really hard and you never really get past the first areas because of it.

• Sad

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
I thought I had a lot of Steam games as well but it is only 734. Gotta redeem all those humble choices and pump those numbers up.

Feel free to add me to Steam.

The Dota rogue-lite mode is back. :blobeyes:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

What is this? Is it permanent or something seasonal? Is it worthwhile as single player content for players who don't play dota-likes at all?

• Eyes

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019

And with it comes the Drow Ranger arcana which is going to cost so much money...

What is this? Is it permanent or something seasonal? Is it worthwhile as single player content for players who don't play dota-likes at all?
It's a seasonal mini game mode that lasts the duration of the battle pass. Not recommended for solo players although you can try it since it's free and doesn't require a purchase of the battle pass. It's mostly a distraction/content for Dota players to level up their battle pass and get some rewards.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Thanks, ah well, I was thinking it might be something to keep like a good to have in your library for a quick go roguelite with Dota 2 heroes/gameplay/polish.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
So apparently GSync wasn't engaging in some of my games and now I feel very stupid
not to worry. I still have troubles with it myself all these 8 months later since upgrading from TV to monitors. For example I have it set to work on Windowed or Full-Screen apps in NVCP, and it worked when Outriders was borderless Window. It works for NieR Automata since the GOTY upgrade in Borderless window. But I cannot get it to work for FFXIV except in Fullscreen only, and that's my most played game so... that sucks.

Likewise, across many games i test and play. When it works and when it doesn't in borderless mode seems to be roulette. The only surefire way to get G-sync working for me is when i do fullscreen exclusive. But as someone with dual-monitors... It's just not something i like to do often. Fullscreen tends to cause troubles with alt-tabbing I find...

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I give you the bright colors thing, but other than that both games artstyles are far from Joe Mad’s, imho.

• Evil
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hey I got the 2x6 too. I mean, even at 6 the current bundle isn't that tempting, but above all I'm scared that if I bite my legacy sub could be canceled for good.
The legalese on the offer talk about two months of Premium. It's all well and good but I don't want to lose Legacy.

• Eyes

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Whoa! It has to be bigger than any of the others!
The only other entries I played were the two Kiwami games, and Y0 has more content than those I'm pretty sure. Both leads have a fleshed out story and chain of side quests, like a 2-for-1 deal. It's worth it though. The central story is legitimately enthralling (melo)drama, and I enjoyed most of the side content.

Last edited:

Bonfires Down

Nov 18, 2019
Hey I got the 2x6 too. I mean, even at 6 the current bundle isn't that tempting, but above all I'm scared that if I bite my legacy sub could be canceled for good.
The legalese on the offer talk about two months of Premium. It's all well and good but I don't want to lose Legacy.
I doubt they would pull that sort of bait-and-switch without a lot of backlash. I took the offer and my plan still says Classic.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Whoa! It has to be bigger than any of the others!
I think so but there is sooo much side content it's insane! I spent hours and hours on the "Pocket Racer" side quests alone. Play the main story for gritty, melodramatic crime story and the side quests for a variety of fun times to lift the mood and give you some breathing space.

If you're looking to play as much as possible on game pass then i'd look at a guide to help you through the side stuff. Just thinking of it now made me remember just how much content is in Y0. Multi episode Side Quests, businesses to run, karaoke, arcades, clubs... the game is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.