Community MetaSteam | December 2021 - All I want for Christmas is a SteamDeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
What are your Christmas games, MC? I have been juggling around these three:
Been playing through the Final Fantasy 15 DLC episodes. They good.
Episode Gladiolus is just alright, but Prompto, Ignis and Ardyn are very good.
Also going through the secret platformer dungeon right now. That one's wild. After that I think I'm done with FF 15. I'll probably finish up Maneater and play Greak: Memories of Azure afterwards.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Part 2 of operation "holy crap I ate too much but I swear I will try to burn this excess next year" is complete.

I'm so used to having gigabit internet that I expect a 50gb game to download while I have a snack but seems like my Control download is going slowly! I have to wait hours like its 33.6 times again.
33.6 was faaaaaast. I remember jumping from a 2400 bps modem to something like that. It opened a whole new world for me! (with a lot of 256 color gif images of ... "art")

• Comfy
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Xbox console downloads have always been slower for me than Steam at least.
They aren't usually slow, hell even steam was slow today. I assume it's people all over the world downloading their Christmas games.
Part 2 of operation "holy crap I ate too much but I swear I will try to burn this excess next year" is complete.

33.6 was faaaaaast. I remember jumping from a 2400 bps modem to something like that. It opened a whole new world for me! (with a lot of 256 color gif images of ... "art")
33.6 was the first modem I got, so can't even imagine slower!:D

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
i have returned with some news

i've gotten B's on both of my programming and cybersec exams, which is nice because i learnt the entire syllibus for cybersec in 3-4 days after not doing anything at all for a whole semester
not only that, but i've gotten insight into smtv modding, and i have some great news; adding new demons is apparently easy, but the tedious part comes for their attributes (moves, race, etc), however, everything regarding demon animations, models, textures and particles even is apparently easy, even when it comes to custom ones (i saw dx2's dimensional cerberus implemented into smtv with their own animations, it was very cool but it still replaced the normal cerberus, which is a big nono for me)

here comes the bad part; my math exam, i totally flunked, not my fault, the teachers were crap, but basically, i'm NOT looking forward to that grade at all

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
which is nice because i learnt the entire syllibus for cybersec in 3-4 days after not doing anything at all for a whole semester
Are you me? lol

Two weeks holiday break, was planning on going over the entire networking course all over again just to be safe for the final.

End of the first week: I have done sweet fuck all except for drinking and playing FFXIV.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
Are you me? lol

Two weeks holiday break, was planning on going over the entire networking course all over again just to be safe for the final.

End of the first week: I have done sweet fuck all except for drinking and playing FFXIV.
nah mate i had faith in the fact that i could do the entire syllibus in 3-4 days
we're not talking repetition, i just did absolutely nothing for a whole semester with that topic, i didn't even meetup for most of it (it's not an obligatory-meetup topic, so why not just live at home instead of campus)

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Happy Holidays to everyone!!! :cat-heart-blob:

Our daughter's first Christmas was pretty good all things considered with this latest wave keeping us a bit more lowkey than we originally planned. It was a relaxing day and we were able to take a walk which is absolutely surreal for December weather here. Normally we have snow and/or a few days/nights of subzero temps.

Now just laying low and drinking coffee with eggnog, which is one of my favorite winter drinks haha. Have the rest of the year off which is nice since January and February are likely going to be madness.

pinson

Sep 6, 2021
Canada
Finally finished RE8 and man what a game! As I mentioned earlier, it's the perfect mix between horror and action. I love how self-aware (CHRIS THE BOULDER PUNCHING FREAK) and batshit insane (the fight against Heisenberg using a chainsaw/cannon/machine gun equipped tank) it gets near the end.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
got a right bad scare when I woke up this morning
My Router was flashing like there was no tomorrow. :face-screaming-in-fear: :cryblob:

restarting and reset did nothing, it started to flash right after it got turned on again.
Fuck, defect? where do I get a replacement on the second day of Christmas? I have to WFH tomorrow. Can't use another router from friends or family because the MAC address needs to be added to the whitelist by my provider.

searched the issue on my phone. Seems like the flashing indicates that the power supply is fucked up.
Wait a moment! it has external power, I just need to change the cable. Thank EU I got no Apple products so I could just use the cable from my unused WLAN router.

Changed the cable and it works again.:loudly-crying-face: :steam_pigblanket::steam_pigblanket::steam_pigblanket:

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Don't need to do that anymore btw, the game has built in damage/health/everything sliders now. Just so current players are aware. I played the expansions with regenerating health turned on and it was immensely enjoyable.
I really wish more games would do this. I know we have stuff like Cheat Engine on PC, but i must admit I'm not that great at mathing out the values a lot of times.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
According to my activity monitor, MC keeps using like 3gb of memory and considering that we are quite a lean site and no ads, how is it possible?
What browser are you using cuz oof. I've got 36 instance of Firefox in my task manager, with over 80 tabs open and a 4-hour stream going. Altogether it is using 3.2GB lol. So if you're saying just one website is using 3GB... that is sheer insanity. ... Are you sure it isn't the browser as a whole?

• Eyes

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
That sounds like maybe a plugin/extension has a memory issue or you have a number of tabs open with a lot of multimedia?
I know that one of the extensions i use that filters youtube chat to highlight certain comments seems to chew through ram, also if youtube is open for any length of time it seems to eat ram and then the tab acts up and Reddit also seems to cache a ton of content.

I'm using firefox have 30+ tabs open in 5 seperate windows and it's using nearly 5gb. I have had the browser open for 4 days solid though but if i close some of the tabs with my multihour video content then memory usage drops massively.

• Eyes

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I use WeMod for the last year or so and signed up when they had a recent deal and i started using Cheat Happens a few months ago because they were recommended by a bunch of people here and they had a super cheap offer on lifetime membership which was too good not to take up. Those two and SaveEditOnline and me just opening save files in VS Code for text/json or HxD for hex edits have me covered for most games i play that i feel the need to mess about with.

I did use Cheat Engine but even after excluding it from my AV i would have mixed results with it being blocked but i've had no problem with WeMod or CheatHappens and i even used Cheat Happens COSMOS to make my own cheat. Which was nice.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
What browser are you using cuz oof. I've got 36 instance of Firefox in my task manager, with over 80 tabs open and a 4-hour stream going. Altogether it is using 3.2GB lol. So if you're saying just one website is using 3GB... that is sheer insanity. ... Are you sure it isn't the browser as a whole?
I use Safari and the other sites don't seem to use much. Maybe because I have MC pinned? Meaning I never close the tab?

This is what it looks like.

• Eyes

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
It will be tough, but try closing the tab? Maybe it’s a bunch of cruft built up from hundreds of history states or something.

• Eyes

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Open new tab, cut the address of the tab, close tab, paste address into new tab - done
I have to do it regularly when i have sleeping tabs open for a long time as they never seem to wake up properly.
Haha yeah I just closed it and opened again. Seems to be fine now. Didn’t know leaving a tab open for too long could have issues. Never seemed to be a problem before but MC is an edge case since that is by far the site I use the most.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Only bought Dandy Dungeon during the sale so far.
Visual Novel purchases have to wait until the Steam Deck release is nearer.
There's a bunch of JRPGs I'm eyeing as well, but I'm probably gonna get some of them during the Humble Winter seal.

• Eyes

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Only bought Dandy Dungeon during the sale so far.
Visual Novel purchases have to wait until the Steam Deck release is nearer.
There's a bunch of JRPGs I'm eyeing as well, but I'm probably gonna get some of them during the Humble Winter seal.
It's kind of hard to justify Deck purchase for VNs, when I'm currently playing them on a 10.5" OLED tablet.
Should still be a great 'RPG/Puzzle on the go' playing device.

Last edited:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I hope that all winners will enjoy their games :D

Also small question for Durante I am trying to inject some AO into Psychonauts 2 but Reshade depth buffer is basically blank. I tried similar thing with Jedi Fallen Order with same result. Can something be done or is that UE4 thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.