Community MetaSteam | February 2019 - The Frontier of the Hyper-Toxic Pro-Consumer Computer Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Anyone know how to force a game to run in Windowed mode? I've tried doing it ingame but no option exists and I tried editting .ini files but it keeps going into fullscreen mode.
I'm talking about Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper btw.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Anyone know how to force a game to run in Windowed mode? I've tried doing it ingame but no option exists and I tried editting .ini files but it keeps going into fullscreen mode.
try dxwnd ... if that doesn't work - then you can't :(

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Try Alt+Enter. I guess you already tried.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Windows 10 once uninstalled Speccy from my PC with the reasoning that it noticed i would be barely using it.

So say what you want, but i guess those obvious cases might not be that obvious to some afterall.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
I just had game run through a 38 MB update multiple times on Steam, never completing, and just downloading a few KB at a time. I have no idea what's wrong with it.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
So, she's making 331$/month via steam?

Even if Valve would take 0%, she'd make no more than 450$.

Also, she's got only one, 2 year old game on steam anyways?
Also a metroidvania (with... art) in the works

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
So, she's making 331$/month via steam?

Even if Valve would take 0%, she'd make no more than 450$.

Also, she's got only one, 2 year old game on steam anyways?
And Steam payment would be for January's sales. Which contains last two days of Winter Sale. I'd imagine other parts of January being much slower.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I played another hour of Touhou Luna Nights where I defeated the second boss and made it to the 3rd.
Man, the gameplay and boss fights in this game are really excellent.
I love how it weaves together knife throwing, time slowdown and time stop for traversal and combat.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
If i were valve (who surely can afford it), i'd reduce the cut for her to 0% and double her payout for the next 6 months and see if she's capable of managing to make a living wage with this.

Maybe failing like that would make such a dev face some introperspection.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
If i were valve (who surely can afford it), i'd reduce the cut for her to 0% and double her payout for the next 6 months and see if she's capable of managing to make a living wage with this.

Maybe failing like that would make such a dev face some introperspection.
But then they would probably blame Valve that they don't give their game enough visibility, or that it gets drowned out by "trash", etc...

Deleted member 113

Thanks to Valve, indeed.
I rarely regret supporting a kickstarter campaign, but I backed this developer's game Lore Finder, and sadly I wish I didn't.
I'm all for supporting indie developers, that's why I backed the game in the first place, but I made the mistake of following this developer on twitter for updates, and after a while I had to block it, because it was getting on my nerves.
Whining and whining all the time. Valve is this, Valve is that. People don't buy their games. They aren't getting any money on Steam.
Money this. Money that.

I mean, I just discovered it's totally useless to buy any indie games on Steam, because the developers don't get any money out of it, even if I buy 30 games. o_O

The developer received $20k on kickstarter to work on a game. They have a patreon account to work on other things (not sure how logic it is for an indie developer to receive money on a crowdfunding campaign to work on a game, and work on other games for patreon as well, but I digress). And still, whine and whine because Valve is destroying poor indies.
I have to be blunt: if you aren't making money working on games, you really should be thinking about getting another job.
Many of us would love to work on things like cinema, music, gaming, whatever, but it's not a viable, profitable career for most people, so they end up getting other jobs. That's life.
Why do some of these developers feel they are entitled to money, just because, and if things aren't working, it's always someone else's fault?

Really, get a grip.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018

Thanks to Valve, indeed.
I don't totally agree with the premise, but I'm completely open to a discussion about Valve having some responsibility for bad visibility or such.

I just don't understand what the two things in the tweet could possibly have to do with each other.

Maybe you don't make money on Steam because you literally only have one game on Steam? A game that as far as I can see, got no coverage by the gaming press?

And how do I know who your 80 Patrons are? Maybe it's a bunch of your friends, family and industry coworkers throwing you money because they feel bad for you?

I dunno, I just don't see any remote connection in her supposed train of thought.

Deleted member 113

Just beat the 3rd boss in Luna Nights. :steam_pigblanket:
Gotta say it again, the gameplay really is excellent.
I can't wait to properly play it. (y)
This team is awesome! I bought Luna Nights as soon as it launched on Early Access. After Pharaoh Rebirth+, they have my full attention.
If I had to select a team to develop a new 2D Castlevania game, they would totally get the gig.

I can't wait for their next game:

For those not familiar with their work, they also made:

and

I really have to try to get my hands on their other two games:

Are they available to legally buy from anywhere?

Reactions: lashman and Echoes

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Fortnite's revenue is being reported as nearly 50% down, from the previous month. That's probably Apex's fault.

Now the question is if that keeps up, will Epic become more conservative with their money or will they go even deeper into the storefront business trying to make up for loss? :unsure:
Well, Sergey all but gloated that 'Steam fanboys' will cry themselves to sleep throughout the spring, so... Probably the later?

Status
Not open for further replies.