Community MetaSteam | February 2019 - The Frontier of the Hyper-Toxic Pro-Consumer Computer Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Holy heck. I was so worried about MC over the last 24 hours lol. First it was down, then up but not reachable. Chatted with Lashman this morning to figure out DNS issue, it worked! Then MC's IP changed again and it stopped working. o_O

Somebody mentioned google dns but yeah it's true they start collecting even more data on you. That's why I recommend Cloudflare's DNS, since it's both the fastest and leanest with data collection. (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1)

But we're alive now. yay. Got some conversations to catch up on.

:wd_heart:

Well, Sergey all but gloated that 'Steam fanboys' will cry themselves to sleep throughout the spring, so... Probably the later?
It's kinda scary to think about! >_<

Personally I'm hoping for the former, but I struggle to make an eloquent enough post that won't be misconstrued as insensitive and wishing for people to lose their jobs.

I think the work Epic does with UE4 is genuinely good. I do not like Sergey, or the store initiative based on what they have presented us thus far and how they have gone about it. I absolutely do not want to see them keep digging their heels into the store nonsense.
==============

Also I subscribed to Humble Monthly for EDF and Cultist Sim. It's worth the price of admission for those alone, yah? I never done bundles or subs before, I don't really like the idea of cluttering my library with things I won't play.

You know what that means? GIVE-AWAYS!

But I got a question? Is it okay to generate the steam key and give that away or do you have to use Humbles gift option?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Holy heck. I was so worried about MC over the last 24 hours lol. First it was down, then up but not reachable. Chatted with Lashman this morning to figure out DNS issue, it worked! Then MC's IP changed again and it stopped working. o_O

Somebody mentioned google dns but yeah it's true they start collecting even more data on you. That's why I recommend Cloudflare's DNS, since it's both the fastest and leanest with data collection. (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1)

But we're alive now. yay. Got some conversations to catch up on.
sorry about that, lol :p

we just wanted to make a copy for testing purposes ... and something went very wrong in the process, lol :p it was only supposed to be down for like 10 minutes tops :(
Post automatically merged:

by the way - i still need suggestions for monthly challenge and monthly retro ... anyone?

(monthly challenge was supposed to be EDF4.1 ... but apparently there is no achievement for just completing the game, it's split between each class ... so either we're dropping EDF ... or someone points me to a specific achievement in that game)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.