Community MetaSteam | February 2020 - Marching Towards Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
I tried to buy TD2 directly from Ubisoft (It's only $3 so whatever) and it won't even take my CC directly. Instead it takes me to a third party Brazilian website (I'm not in Brazil) that requires my voter ID # and a 2 day wait for it to go through.

I'll buy some popcorn instead, TYVM.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Daemon X Machina is good.

Get it if you love mecha games.
I only played the tutorial level. It was okay.

I hope it ends up improving

The visuals are very nice.

Also I would have liked it if the game had native DS4 support since it seems like my Xbox One controller that I have had since 2014 doesn't work properly anymore.

I think I might end up buying one of those Xbox One + Windows 10 adapter things. Does Windows 10 let you know if the batteries of your controller are dying?

As for DXM I made the mistake of choosing JPN Audio and it seems that you will get voice clips and because of what is going on in the screen I don't think I will be able to read that stuff.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Ryza's a great game with a surprisingly competent Gust port after a few patches. Glad to see it sold well.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Koei Tecmo ports have definitely come a long way. Now, if only Gust would get more consistent...

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I tried to buy TD2 directly from Ubisoft (It's only $3 so whatever) and it won't even take my CC directly. Instead it takes me to a third party Brazilian website (I'm not in Brazil) that requires my voter ID # and a 2 day wait for it to go through.

I'll buy some popcorn instead, TYVM.
Yup, it takes you to Boacompra. I think Steam uses that as well in South America but I dunno. I rather use paypal which they dont accept here.

Reactions: inky

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Wolcen has 1 critic review on MetaCritic yet 95ccu on Steam.

It looks like a trend of people looking more at Steam user reviews than critics reviews. I for sure haven't really cared much about critics reviews other than for PS and Nintendo exclusives (considering those platforms don't have user reviews).

I often check out the Switch subreddit for game news and when a new game is out that has been out on PC for a while, people often talk about what the Steam user reviews are.

Due to how quickly games these days evolve, critic reviews feels pretty much useless.

Last edited:

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Ryza is decent (after patches)
Dusk trilogy OTOH.
:negative-blob:
There's a mod that fixes the stuttering and includes support for resolutions higher than 1080p for Ayesha, Rorona and Meruru (the 1x version of the mod is recommended, the 2x version of the mod doubles the selected resolution for the purpose of SMAA working better and also for GPUs that don't support downsampling, but it's also buggy).

Shallie and Escha & Logy use a different engine apparently, so it doesn't work for those (seems like those 2 don't need the resolution mod anyway, but Escha & Logy still has the shadows bug).

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well, I have been playing Daemon x Machina PC version and goddamn what an absolutely beast of game, to make this short, if you ever wanted an Armored Core game on PC, this is the closest thing you will find for the time being.

-Port is absolutely good, performance is great (playing at 1440/144fps) and there are no dips nor high usage of my PC, looks like Xseed really took their time to make this a really great experience on this platform and that's lovely.

-Movement is frenetic, quick and really responsive, if you are used to play AC games, you might find yourself doing combos and switches of combat styles really quick as you might be familiar with the movement styles of mecha games done by this team and, well, this is no different. floor sliding, air jumps, air combat with quick drops.... EVERYTHING IS HERE.

-Visually the game is really beautiful thanks to the C.Shading style and with high resolutions you will find a really clean image, this will get old but never ugly. UI is a bit excessive tho, although you will get used to it quickly, it's a pain in the ass for screenshot but, oh well, not everything was going to be good, right?.

there's not that much I can say about the story as I haven't played THAT much but seriously, if you are considering this game, don't think about it twice, you are up to something AMAZING.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Well, I have been playing Daemon x Machina PC version and goddamn what an absolutely beast of game, to make this short, if you ever wanted an Armored Core game on PC, this is the closest thing you will find for the time being.

-Port is absolutely good, performance is great (playing at 1440/144fps) and there are no dips nor high usage of my PC, looks like Xseed really took their time to make this a really great experience on this platform and that's lovely.

-Movement is frenetic, quick and really responsive, if you are used to play AC games, you might find yourself doing combos and switches of combat styles really quick as you might be familiar with the movement styles of mecha games done by this team and, well, this is no different. floor sliding, air jumps, air combat with quick drops.... EVERYTHING IS HERE.

-Visually the game is really beautiful thanks to the C.Shading style and with high resolutions you will find a really clean image, this will get old but never ugly. UI is a bit excessive tho, although you will get used to it quickly, it's a pain in the ass for screenshot but, oh well, not everything was going to be good, right?.

there's not that much I can say about the story as I haven't played THAT much but seriously, if you are considering this game, don't think about it twice, you are up to something AMAZING.

Don't make me buy it, I have already too much on my plate.

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018
If Wolcen had splitscreen comfy couch co-op and controller support, it would be an insta-buy.

I rebought Titan Quest on the Switch on sale just because they never implemented the console QoL stuff on PC.

Reactions: lashman

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
You can turn on/off the HUD and move it around.

Reactions: Mor and lashman

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
In other news Wolcen is pretty bonkers, been watching my friend play it he was on the final boss when they took the servers down a little bit ago. He was happy about that one.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
In other news Wolcen is pretty bonkers, been watching my friend play it he was on the final boss when they took the servers down a little bit ago. He was happy about that one.
i can imagine, lol

but yeah - it does certainly seem like they made a very very good game

i think i'll wait for controller support before i jump in ... i waited this long (i backed it), i might as well wait a little bit longer :p

Reactions: Madventure

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Wolcen has 1 critic review on MetaCritic yet 95ccu on Steam.

It looks like a trend of people looking more at Steam user reviews than critics reviews. I for sure haven't really cared much about critics reviews other than for PS and Nintendo exclusives (considering those platforms don't have user reviews).

I often check out the Switch subreddit for game news and when a new game is out that has been out on PC for a while, people often talk about what the Steam user reviews are.

Due to how quickly games these days evolve, critic reviews feels pretty much useless.
Yea its really embarrassing for the big gaming media sites. This happens so many times. What are they even doing nowadays that makes them busy that they can't consistently review/preview lots of games? You have a game coming out of early access blowing up and their front pages are just tabloids for tv shows or some other stuff that has very little to do with actual games. Twitch and Steam really makes them look bad. They really don't care for pc gaming at all.

Also Wolcen blowing up like that is really something.

Diablo 4 is gonna be so huge. Blizzard better not fuck it up somehow.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well Metro Exodus is back on Steam with a 40% off sale:
Gold for less than 40€? I was going to buy it anyways but, this price, this price makes it even easier.

It's going to be really interesting to see how it performs in the next few days cause' it seems to be doing well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.