Community MetaSteam | February 2020 - Marching Towards Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
Phew, I just finished Tomb Raider 1-5! I've never played any Tomb Raider before so this was all new to me. First game was a nice experience overall, but it pretty much went all down from there unfortunately. Some cool environments all in all though.

I'm now onto Angel of Darkness, but it seems completely unplayable control-wise? What on earth are these delayed movements. :fearful-face:

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
Phew, I just finished Tomb Raider 1-5! I've never played any Tomb Raider before so this was all new to me. First game was a nice experience overall, but it pretty much went all down from there unfortunately. Some cool environments all in all though.

I'm now onto Angel of Darkness, but it seems completely unplayable control-wise? What on earth are these delayed movements. :fearful-face:
Yeah, Angel of Darkness was VERY rough (and it aged even worse). It's sad because you can see they tried to do something new for the series, but it really didn't work at all.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

I always thought the second one was the best? Maybe I just think that because it's the only one of the old ones that I actually finished.XD A pirated copy where every other level played in like 1 fps(I'm serious) yet I still finished it.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
Yeah, Angel of Darkness was VERY rough (and it aged even worse). It's sad because you can see they tried to do something new for the series, but it really didn't work at all.
Such a shame! Despite its reputation I'm excited to give it a go. I'll try to make it as playable as I can at least. :coffee-blob:

I always thought the second one was the best? Maybe I just think that because it's the only one of the old ones that I actually finished.XD A pirated copy where every other level played in like 1 fps(I'm serious) yet I still finished it.
The second one was quite good actually but the problem was I had no music, for some reason. Not a complete dealbreaker, but it didn't have the same atmosphere as a result.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Hey guys, I'm back after 2 and half weeks travel! Still catching up with what did I miss during that time, so I'll appreciate if anyone would make a quick round-up with important gaming news and announces in the past few weeks! :) Glad to see you all again guys!
you missed being able to change your custom tag colour :p get on it! ;)

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Audiosurf just randomly got an update

Widescreens

Widescreen scaling is now handled much better. This is especially noticeable on ultrawide monitors, but it's an improvement for 16:9 displays too (Audiosurf was originally designed for 4:3). Most of the menu screens do still fully stretch.

Corkscrews

Corkscrew twists were completely random, but now they highlight a big moment in the song. There's still the same 25% chance of a ride having a corkscrew (except for songs that really want one and therefore always have one).

You can now play in narrowscreen too if that’s your thing.

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019

I tried to do this a couple of years ago but the controls were actively fighting against me. OTOH Anniversary, Legend and Underworld are totally playable.

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
looks pretty in pink :D

somehow i knew you'd choose green :D

can't wait to see which colour BlindRhythm goes with :D
Ahh! I'm a little late once again. Gotta say I share the same feeling of many folks before me, that these colorful tags are amazing! :blobcheer:

Though I've had the realization that having black and dark purple as your two favorite colors might make things tricky. :ROFLMAO:

So I'm currently trying to find a purple that works/is readable. I won't let you beat me, purple! Not today!

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Looks like I missed out on the Wolcen launch discount, went from $29.99 to $39.99 on their website using the humble widget. Might wait then.

Reactions: lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Ahh! I'm a little late once again. Gotta say I share the same feeling of many folks before me, that these colorful tags are amazing! :blobcheer:

Though I've had the realization that having black and dark purple as your two favorite colors might make things tricky. :ROFLMAO:

So I'm currently trying to find a purple that works/is readable. I won't let you beat me, purple! Not today!
Purple gang represent!

Status
Not open for further replies.