Community MetaSteam | February 2020 - Marching Towards Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Published my first mod today! It's a simple UI mod that adds Switch prompts to FF12 and also swaps the X and Y buttons so that they line up with the layout of other versions of the game. If anyone's interested, you can find it here:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
After hearing sales were....less than stellar in JP, I hope it does well in the west. A PC port could definitely help with that, especially with this upcoming Summer/Fall being relatively dry for JP PC releases.
Maybe I’m off base but if I were a publisher and I weren’t confident of a game’s sales, I’d order a PC version for guaranteed infinite legs.

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
I wonder when Blands 3 Steam date announcement will happen.
Borderlands 3 is another awesome example of EGS helping me out. I definitely would have bought a Steam key for it on release without the exclusivity. Now, with it being mediocre by most accounts, my friend group I play with went from grabbing on Steam release to maybe getting it for $5 one day. Tim Sweeney saving me $50 yet again!

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Maybe I’m off base but if I were a publisher and I weren’t confident of a game’s sales, I’d order a PC version for guaranteed infinite legs.
What's especially weird is that it's SEGA, who's usually pretty on top of the ball with PC ports. I wonder if VC4 tanking the way it did spooked them a bit (though it tanked on all platforms so idk).

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Published my first mod today! It's a simple UI mod that adds Switch prompts to FF12 and also swaps the X and Y buttons so that they line up with the layout of other versions of the game. If anyone's interested, you can find it here:

Awesome. I love that we can sometimes fix the problems we run into. I created my own Euro Truck / American Truck camera mod, but I still haven't mustered up the courage to publish it.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Last edited:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Awesome. I love that we can sometimes fix the problems we run into. I created my own Euro Truck / American Truck camera mod, but I still haven't mustered up the courage to publish it.
Yeah, it’s great. And you should definitely get around to that! There’s always at least one other person with the same issue around.

Reactions: Nabs

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
What's especially weird is that it's SEGA, who's usually pretty on top of the ball with PC ports. I wonder if VC4 tanking the way it did spooked them a bit (though it tanked on all platforms so idk).

Unless the game really bombed like that one VCR action RPG game, then a PC port may be possible. How does these PC ports? Did the VC4 team did the PC port themselves or did the out source? It would seem like SEGA typically does outsource it's PC releases. This port may be in the works as we speak and it might even turn Into a VC4 where they announce the port at the last minute?

But ya VC4 sales compared to the sales of VC1 were pretty bad.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Yakuza sales were pretty good. Neither is anything like Sakura Wars to matter. Shame too, it would be great if it was anything like Valkyria Chronicles instead.

Reactions: NarohDethan

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
From the avengers info

*One-time online access required for single-player campaign; online access required for multiplayer and to download post-launch content. Free Square Enix Members account required. Beta release date(s), platform and region availability to be announced.
Here we goooo again

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Sogood.jpeg.

And that was 2012. Can't wait for Rocksteady to finally reveal their next game. Give me Wonder Woman or Justice League game pls.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Unless the game really bombed like that one VCR action RPG game, then a PC port may be possible. How does these PC ports? Did the VC4 team did the PC port themselves or did the out source? It would seem like SEGA typically does outsource it's PC releases. This port may be in the works as we speak and it might even turn Into a VC4 where they announce the port at the last minute?

But ya VC4 sales compared to the sales of VC1 were pretty bad.
I'd love it on PC day and date, but either way I'll be buying it on PS4 regardless to support the series. As much as I wanna play FF7R, I'd rather buy the game that didn't sign the exclusivity deal (and it's not like I'm remotely worried about FF7r not selling well anyway). I also thought the first DOOM was pretty wack so I have 0 interest in DOOM Eternal or Animal Crossing so this spring's lookin a little dry to me anyway.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hey, for the Falcom fans among us, I wondered how is Ys IX looking ? All I remember is some early dev video and it looked particularly ugly. Strange since VIII is totally serviceable. Has it changed for the release ?

Oh, why not google some pic...

Mara ?

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I'd love it on PC day and date, but either way I'll be buying it on PS4 regardless to support the series. As much as I wanna play FF7R, I'd rather buy the game that didn't sign the exclusivity deal (and it's not like I'm remotely worried about FF7r not selling well anyway). I also thought the first DOOM was pretty wack so I have 0 interest in DOOM Eternal or Animal Crossing so this spring's lookin a little dry to me anyway.
RE3, FF7 and SW on the same month, have mercy!!

Reactions: skLaFarebear

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Hey, for the Falcom fans among us, I wondered how is Ys IX looking ? All I remember is some early dev video and it looked particularly ugly. Strange since VIII is totally serviceable. Has it changed for the release ?

Oh, why not google some pic...

Mara ?
From what I hear from friends about Ys 9, it's a great game with a good story/characters, that's a bit disappointing coming off of 8. Bosses/OST/environments are a fairly weaker in spots, but the combat and dungeon design themselves is still excellent thanks to some of the new traversal options, and there's been vast improvement in the animations both in combat and in cutscenes (I think this was the first game where they mocapped animations, but someone correct me if I'm wrong).

The biggest problem with Ys IX is the performance however. It dips well below 60 outside of dungeons when you're in the main hub and it can get real bad. They've patched it since and it's improved significantly, but it's still fairly noticeable and imo anything below stable 60 for a Ys game is kind of a huge deal. Hopefully when it comes west a good PC port will be in the works and it should mitigate this problem.

tl;dr: great game that has some real standout moments, but not as overall a good package as ys 8.

Reactions: Li Kao

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I don't see a problem with it?

Will anyways wait until release. No interest in a new Anthem.
Besides being completely pointless and adding another useless account to the pile, if you pay attention to history this is how the road to another launcher starts. They start with some loose account system then merge it into a service a few years later.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Besides being completely pointless and adding another useless account to the pile, if you pay attention to history this is how the road to another launcher starts. They start with some loose account system then merge it into a service a few years later.
They could just provide options, Steam or their own.

Reactions: PC-tan

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.