Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
TIL

Clementine from Walking Dead is African American.

Reactions: freshVeggie

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
When did they make it harder?
I was in Vietnam in 2018 and was able to purchase in the local currency. But I added funds to my Steam wallet and used that money

I am soon to give up hope that Capcom will fix the upgrade pack :(
Yeah, I don't think it's been that long. But I'm also not entirely sure how it works nowadays (I also haven't really needed it so far). We need to light the JaseC signal!

Reactions: Deku

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
TIL

Clementine from Walking Dead is African American.
Wasn't that obvious?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Do we want a thread for soundtrack recommendation? Feels like we should have one
yup, we definitely do ... do it! :)

I think it would work. I already have Steam money. So what's left is to find a reliable Japanese friend whom I could temporarily "move" to and help me purchase the upgrade pack
nope, not anymore ... to successfully switch your region you need a local payment method ... and wallet stuff won't switch to the other currency until you finish a purchase (so essentially your first purchase in the new region NEEDS to be made with the local payment method)

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
yup, we definitely do ... do it! :)
Does anyone have this image in higher resolution?

I will try to make a soundtrack thread

nope, not anymore ... to successfully switch your region you need a local payment method ... and wallet stuff won't switch to the other currency until you finish a purchase (so essentially your first purchase in the new region NEEDS to be made with the local payment method)
That sucks, there goes my dream for cheaper games when traveling to Vietnam again

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Does anyone have this image in higher resolution?

I will try to make a soundtrack thread

That sucks, there goes my dream for cheaper games when traveling to Vietnam again
Want it with the headsets or without them?

Reactions: lashman

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Sorry, meant logo, lol
Oh, without logo. But I think this should be sufficent

Edit:
Just created a soundtrack thread

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
No because Steam cards aren't linked to a country, they don't count as local payment but instead get converted to the currency your account is currently using.
correct ... and that's not even a new thing ... it's been this way pretty much since the beginning

(i know you know that ... but just in case people wanted more info :p )

Reactions: Li Kao

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Depend on the exchange rates, buying USD Steam cards and then converting it to your local currency can net you more than what you paid :evilblob:

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Wolcen is good.

Didn't play that much though because they'll delete the save when full released.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I think Wolcen can be pretty big as it is really good. The little Ive played of it many months ago was really good.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Looking at Wiki, Criterion Games haven't done any racing game since Need for Speed Rivals. And they weren't the main developer for that game. Last racing game they fully developed was Need for Speed: Most Wanted. It was released in 2012.

Is Criterion Games still good at making racing games?
They can't be worse than what we got...

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Deques Nice!

Have some nosta-llama-gia:

G-Force for Winamp:
(I'm sure there's probably a newer one somewhere but i'm at work)

MilkDrop for Winamp:

These visualizers are STILL SEARED into my eyeballs from decades ago. lol, i'm old!

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Gonna be a sad time when that E3 week finally becomes dead. Always a great time to stock up on snacks, beer and read/watch all the drama that ensues. Also having NBA/NHL playoffs coming to an end during that time was like icing on cake.

I mean I get retail is becoming less and less relevant in the gaming industry...but still you would think all these companies/people would band together and keep putting on great shows. Keighleys youtube show was great and Sony's pressers were great for a good portion of this past decade. June isn't the same anymore :(

Microsoft, Ubisoft and Bethesda better knock it out of the park with their shows. Good luck to ESA with their influencers and celebrities.

Reactions: lazerfox

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
E3 used to be a trade show where presentations were 90% powerpoint slides of sales figures, projections, hints at future releases and if you were lucky an actual announcement or two. The show floor was to keep middle management and journalists happy and all the big deals were behind closed doors. It was only when the market increased, communication became easier via the web that it pivoted more towards being a consumer show as demand for more spectacle increased.

E3 will become the US' razzle-dazzle consumer show and business will be done elsewhere. In fact isn't that what the current E3 "Civil War" is all about?
Make E3 a spectacle and move the business to other venues or video conferences etc if required.

Reactions: FunnyJay

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
I don't mind if every company have their own "direct" instead of attending E3. Pretty tiring waiting to see great announcements only for the shows to be underwhelming because of boring hosts or just CG trailers with no gameplay, just show your best works and end it there. Maybe I'm growing tired of E3, but that's just me.

Reactions: Kandrick

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
When doritos pope shuns your event you know you fucked up. that leak last year was a fucking doozy

or maybe Kojima wasnt gonna go so he was like "whats the point"

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Anyone know how the Wasteland 3 backer campaign has been distributing keys? Just via email or is it via a web portal?

I know the full release is a few months away still but I'm tardy with looking through all the updates particularly when they keep ending up in my spam folder :confused:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Anyone know how the Wasteland 3 backer campaign has been distributing keys? Just via email or is it via a web portal?

I know the full release is a few months away still but I'm tardy with looking through all the updates particularly when they keep ending up in my spam folder :confused:
Here's the FAQ from the last update from Fig
Wasteland 3 Fig Site www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3/updates/1150 said:
Q: When do we get to pick our digital code platform?
A: Soon! Keep an eye on your email and be sure to check Crowd Ox as surveys will be going out before too much longer regarding Steam/GOG and Xbox One/PlayStation 4 platform choices depending on your pledge level and addons.

Last edited:
Reactions: AHA-Lambda

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

General
  • Fixed non-Steam games sometimes appearing unavailable for Remote Play
  • Fixed steamwebhelper CPU/GPU usage in Steam overlay while the overlay is not visible

Library
  • Fixed Activity section not appearing in game details when Family View is enabled
  • Fixed "Load More Activity" button not loading more activity
  • Fixed some display errors for soundtracks with track names containing unusual characters
  • Added support for playing back soundtracks containing .m4a content
  • When installing a game, Steam will now immediately sync your Steam Cloud files in the background instead of waiting potentially until the first launch of the game.
  • Minor layout and visual changes
  • Stop showing "library in use" message for non-Steam games when a shared library is being used

Big Picture
  • Fix issue with the Big Picture Overlay in games w/ launchers
  • Fixed crash when viewing Community Connect in Library
  • Fix an issue where the on-screen keyboard would not work with mouse or touch input when a controller is attached
  • Add a Capslock/Altlock mode to the on-screen keyboard which is enabled by double tapping the shift/alt keys.
  • Remove the “Turn Off Controller” option from the power button menu for controllers which don’t support the feature
  • Add filter a for Steam Play white-listed games to the Big Picture Library’s filter list on Linux

SteamVR
  • Hide games hidden by Family View from SteamVR (prevents them from showing up in SteamVR Home and other VR quick launch game lists).
  • Hide automatically created VR shortcuts when the original manifest has marked them hidden.
  • Mark hidden shortcuts to VR games as hidden in manifests created by Steam.
  • Steam overlay will now show download status when starting an application that is updating or installing.
  • Eliminated spam related to the desktop overlay on Windows 10
  • Fixed issue with Quick Launch in SteamVR showing certain overlay applications

macOS
  • Fixed intermittent Steam client and overlay crashes for certain system configurations
  • Fixed some keyboard control keys not being handled correctly by Big Picture browsers

Remote Play Together
  • Added ability to invite players by dragging them from the friend's list into the Remote Play Together window.

Steam Link
  • When a Steam Link connects, the default view is recent games that are optimized for the connecting device. This can be changed in the advanced streaming settings on the Steam Link app or hardware.

Linux
  • Fix diagnostic tool helper processes blocking until they time out on Ubuntu 18.04

SteamNetworkingSockets
  • Fix a bug with multiple P2P connections from the same peer

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Sairento VR is a lot of fun. Not long campaign (it seems), but replayable missions. Very impressive for a VR game from 2016.

Only problems so far is that there some seconds of lagg when a new area loads, but impressive and fun noneless. Recommended to people are are gotten used to VR gaming as it is quite fast paced.

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
I feel like there's nothing to play and I'm just treading water until DOOM Eternal releases.
The same feel one has at work - there's no work to do and just waiting when it's time to go home. Until the (final) boss is up your ass.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I have run some code to check whether games have a proper vertical banner in the library, and unless I have made a mistake, ~42% of Steam games have one.

It is not too bad given that it requires additional work from devs, but it is not great either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.