Community MetaSteam | February 2021 - We Don't Do Regional Pricing in This House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Because Epic most likely did special deals on consoles, that's why.
But where's the legal battle for the little guy's cut there? Both console's market amounts to something even more massive than PC!

Sorry, just being playful. These are all completely corrupt and interested only in themselves. I just find it horribly distasteful how Epic is portraying itself as a white knight.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Why aren't they subpoena-ing Sony or Microsoft? Now that'd be fun for the whole family!
Those three are even less likely to want to provide the information Apple wants, especially since they likely have bespoke deals with Epic and other developers/publishers. I dunno why Apple's lawyers targeted Valve specifically, but maybe they figured there's no love lost between Valve and Epic right now and that Valve would be more forthcoming with something they could use to slap Epic down.

From what Valve is saying, Apple should ask the publishers/developers of the 600 games for the data rather than being compelled to divulge it themselves. Seems reasonable to me since Valve doesn't even have a horse in this race, but then I'm not an antitrust lawyer so who knows what will come of this.

What I will say is if Valve is forced to disclose confidential business deals such as sales and revenue share in court, there are going to be a lot of extremely pissed off third parties. And while what Apple is doing is bullshit and shows a pattern of troubling behaviour (a Silicon Valley giant dragging everyone they possibly can into their dispute to toxify the whole thing - see their attempt at blocking Unreal Engine from Apple's ecosystem, and I don't think we've seen the end of that just yet), ultimately this has all come about because Epic decided to throw a Fortnite PR stunt.

The dirtier this gets, the more the games industry will come to loathe both companies.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Not to bang on that drum too hard, because who cares, but there is an 'EA sale banner' and methink Valve should on the contrary create an 'EA games are not discounted' banner :thinking-face:
you're not wrong, lol :p

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I don't know about the Apple move. As a person that is not interested that much in the whole thing, a move that basically says 'leave us alone, everybody is operating like this' doesn't strike me as particularly horrible. Epic whole crusade looks much more toxic, and the hypocrisy of only targeting some players too.
I don't love Apple, and maybe I'm corporate apologising, but yeah.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
prudis I know, I'm just being cheeky and pointing out the hypocrisy there and the complete lack of holding to those values their PR campaign is championing.

C-Dub yep, and the idea that Valve should bother 600 devs on behalf of that megacorp for nothing more than their ability to keep on strangling them all on mobile is rather deliciously dystopian.

Reactions: C-Dub

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
This just released. I used to follow this on tigsource so its fun to see it finally out. Bought it.

From what I heard, this is a good game for its niche (drifters):

I really want to like Art of Rally but I was terrible at the drifting in the demo. I couldn't figure it out. I see people just sliding round corners beautifully, and I'm like ok slow ... turning signal ... check for cars and pedestrians. Ok now ... why did I fly off the course!

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So looking at Titanfall 1 in the EA sale ... apparently people can't play the game because someone hacked the servers and EA won't sort it out? Yet they still sell the game anyway?
Yup, which is why I questioned why they released the game on Steam in the first place and why they didn't release the game when the other games released (Titanfall released on Steam later).

A hacker took over the main TF servers and everyone who joins it get's kicked out.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
https://steamdb.info/app/1449560/info/ => Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition

It's a separate app id. I wonder if this will be a similar case to The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux (you buy non redux and still get redux version as of today) or if the free upgrade will be only temporary to Metro Exodus owners and then people will be forced to buy Enhanced Edition if they want RTX features.

And I guess The Witcher 3 might follow same procedure but for this case I could see current goty and base game version getting removed.

Reactions: Shahem and lashman

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Yup, which is why I questioned why they released the game on Steam in the first place and why they didn't release the game when the other games released (Titanfall released on Steam later).

A hacker took over the main TF servers and everyone who joins it get's kicked out.
Really weird that EA would just be like who cares, release the game even if they can't play it. And obviously, they could just fix it.

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019

I had no problem playing a few rounds when it was release on Steam -- has it gotten worse?

Reactions: PC-tan

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Sony and MS are probably scambling to get timed exclusivity right for Valheim. And maybe Satisfactory.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Celebrate the fictional birthday of Bruce Wayne by spending money.

Hmm, the Lego Batman are included. Lego games put me to sleep but, mhhh... (Lego Batman 2 was super super great, though)
Check library
Hey, why do I have all these Lego games ? :fearful-face:

edit -
Morale is still super bad, every fucking game I see I want to play, and... play nothing.
At least I don't buy everything now, but it feels bad.

edit 2 - because no one fucking post :grimacing-face:
Street Fighter sale which doesn't include every DLC, and particularly Season 3 characters. SMH Capcom !.

Last edited:
  • Hug
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Super Bomberman R Online, which first launched for Stadia in September 2020, has been rated for PC by the Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea.

Publisher Konami has yet to officially announce a PC version of Super Bomberman R Online.
It's free to play on Stadia.

Last edited:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Durante , how is your playthrough of Hellpoint going?

Obviously I liked it a lot ;)

Of note:
  • I played almost exclusively in co-op (just like in all Souls-games)
  • The level and world layout is really interesting, though in a few levels you have to play for quite a bit and pay close attention until you can reliably navigate them since it's not always as easy to have landmarks in in-doors SF spaces.
  • There are a ton of secrets, from small unimportant ones to pretty big optional chunks of content. This, and the air of mystery around everything, is something I really enjoy about the souls series and which is missing or at least less pronounced in many of the "clones".
  • The moment-to-moment gameplay is very souls-like, with a bit more focus on jumping (you have an actual jump button for one).
  • It's not perfectly polished, with a few rough spots here and there, but it doesn't really detract from the game much from my perspective.
If you have any specific questions I'll try to answer them! It's not the kind of game I'd just recommend to everyone, but I do feel like it's not well-known enough -- given that tens of millions of people play Souls I feel like a few hundred thousand at the very least would also greatly enjoy this.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
The new trailer made me wayyyy more excited for the DOTA show. The first trailer really undersold the premise. It also comes out on my birthday, so I feel obligated to watch it even though that is no reason at all haha.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
SEUM Speedrunners from Hell steam key for anyone interested
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.
...and another one, F1 Race Stars Complete
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I can't believe how well the LOTR movies still holds up. Im rewatching some scenes to see what I can use for my teaching class on monday and the movie has aged like fine wine.

The charges or rohirrim
"For Frodo"
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you, cmon"
"You bow to noone"

The movies are so damn good.

I wish there were some good video games based on LOTR. I was never very fund of the WB games.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Why is the bethesda launcher still not killed off yet?
Phil is slacking.
Forza H 4 on Steam is nice but kill the bethy launcher please. Some of us want to get that fancy discounted Deathloop game on PC, damnit.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
REMINDER THAT HUMBLE NOW CHARGES FOR HUMBLE CHOICE ON THE LAST TUESDAY OF A MONTH
THIS COMING TUESDAY IT WILL AUTO CHARGE FOR CHOICE
PAUSE BEFORE THAT DAY IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED.
Oh wow, thanks. I knew that the day you get the games had changed but not the day they charge you. This has to be a way to sucker people into getting charged unknowingly, right? Between that and that thing about someone getting their classic plan revoked because of too much pausing, it seems to me like they must not be doing too well these days. Almost like their bundles have been consistently shit or something!

Reactions: lashman and QFNS

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Humankid is still months away and it has been on sale at least twice already. It's weird.

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
I wonder if Valheim's success will finally show some survival game devs that the audience they tend to cater to is pretty much a very loud minority (the ones who always force those games to be full hardcore PvP with no option for PvE servers or more relaxed PvP at the very least). I hope so, at least.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I wonder if Valheim's success will finally show some survival game devs that the audience they tend to cater to is pretty much a very loud minority (the ones who always force those games to be full hardcore PvP with no option for PvE servers or more relaxed PvP at the very least). I hope so, at least.
Single Player games are good it turns out. Yells the vast majority of players who don't play games online all the time and just like to do things for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.