Community MetaSteam | February 2021 - We Don't Do Regional Pricing in This House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France

looks awfully close to boxart of 2 :unsure:
Gears 2 on pc would be amazing. It's baffling Microsoft have not already ported 2 + 3 a long time ago.
Better would be a remastered version of 2 the best in the series.

Hopefully it's not just some lame Gears 5 DLC.....

Reactions: Spamlynguist

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 is cursed.

Good morning, everyone

As you have noticed, we’ve been keeping pretty quiet for a while. With this in mind, the first piece of news we have for you is to confirm that Bloodlines 2 is still in development.

Secondly, we have made the hard decision that Hardsuit Labs will no longer be leading the development of Bloodlines 2 - which also means that we will not be releasing in 2021 as previously planned. Since we cannot at this time communicate a new release date, we've also decided to stop accepting pre-orders for the time being.

This game is very important to us and it has been an ambitious project from the very start. In order to meet our goals for it, we’ve come to the conclusion that a change is needed and, as a result, more development time is required.

We’d like to take this opportunity to honor Hardsuit Labs for their efforts and thank them for their hard work on the project. The studio has done a tremendous job in laying the foundations for the game and we hope that you, the community, will also appreciate their contribution to Bloodlines 2.

We’re thankful for your continuous support throughout the game’s development. We understand how important this is to you, and we’d love to share more with you. As soon as we can, we’ll let you know what the future development team of Bloodlines 2 will look like.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Gears 2 on pc would be amazing. It's baffling Microsoft have not already ported 2 + 3 a long time ago.

MS should first fix GoW Ultimate Edition which broke with one of Windows updates.

• Sad
Reactions: Li Kao

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
Paradox Year-end Report 2020

Full year 2020
  • Revenues amounted to MSEK 1,793.8 (MSEK 1,289.3), an increase by 39 % compared to the same period last year.
  • Operating profit amounted to MSEK 632.1 (MSEK 473.5), an increase by 33 %.
Comments from CEO
Proven strategy drives long-term growth through a different year

2020 was the best year in Paradox’s history, with strong growth in revenue, profits and players. Our established brands continue to develop and grow with new players and new content, and the successful launch of Crusader Kings III in the third quarter gave us a further boost.
[....]
In the fourth quarter we released the mafia game Empire of Sin, which takes place in 1920s Chicago. We are not satisfied with the launch, neither with the quality of the game nor how it was received by the market. After a game launch, we always do a thorough review of the project so that we can learn and become better at ensuring quality in our games to get closer to what players expected. For Empire of Sin, we have now released a number of updates to develop the game in the right direction and we will continue to build on the game for the future.
[...]
This also affects the development of Vampire: the Masquerade – Bloodlines 2, where we communicated a delay during the third quarter of 2020. We have now chosen to postpone the release of the game further, and we will not be launching the game in 2021. We have also decided that Hardsuit Labs will no longer be leading the development of Bloodlines 2, and we have started a collaboration with a new studio partner to finish work on the game. This has been a difficult decision, but we are convinced that it is the right way forward to do the game justice.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
A win32 Steam version would probably run a lot better.
That's for sure, but apparently TC has no manpower to spare to a "dead game", so we're stuck with a shitty, broken UWP version. Or with the OG port, which runs better, but looks worse. I seriously hope MS will port their UWP backlog to Steam. It's not like there's much - GoW UE, GoW4, HW2 and I think that's it? I doubt they'll bother with Forza Motorsport, since there's a new one coming out soon and the games have license expirations.

• Sad
Reactions: Shahem and lashman

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Hello, short thread hijack:

Has anybody experience with the Android YouTube Vanced project?
Is it secure to use? Are there other alternatives to watch YT without adds on android?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Li Kao and Swenhir

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Oh wow, booting the devs from the project is a super bad sign. Like, having a completely new team pick up where they left off doesn't seem realistic at this point. This is either all but cancelled or getting rebooted completely.

-------

Also, I really hope that's a Gears 2 remaster they're teasing. I never understood why they didn't do the rest of the trilogy and eventually some kind of Marcus Fenix collection. And hey, a remaster of 2 increases the chance of a Steam release for the first one!

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
RIP. Bloodlines 2. Rip Dying Light 2.

That's for sure, but apparently TC has no manpower to spare to a "dead game", so we're stuck with a shitty, broken UWP version. Or with the OG port, which runs better, but looks worse. I seriously hope MS will port their UWP backlog to Steam. It's not like there's much - GoW UE, GoW4, HW2 and I think that's it? I doubt they'll bother with Forza Motorsport, since there's a new one coming out soon and the games have license expirations.
Everyone expected same of Forha Horizon 4, but that some how came to Steam.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Is it secure to use? Are there other alternatives to watch YT without adds on android?

Thanks in advance.
I am using. It works, the ads are gone. But the video feed still shows ads.

Some things that annoy me:
I am using Galaxy S9, video apps such as Netflix, Youtube and more make the screen brighter. Vanced doesn't for some reason and I don't know how to fix it.
When clicking youtube links you wont open Vanced, but the original Youtube app.

The only other alternative I can think is that you pay for Premium and you will never see ads

Reactions: ISee

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I discovered this game today and the atmosphere and theme reminded me a bit of Dark Souls. Since it says Definitive Edition I guess this is not the first time this game releases. Has anybody heard about the game?

Roko's Basilisk > Pascal's Wager

RIP

I got the premium edition with season pass for 8€ tho, so ima keep my preorder anyways

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

I am not surprised: the game is too ambitious. The best they could hope for is to reach a state similar to the one of Cyberpunk 2077. Given the studio's track record (just that F2P game called Blacklight) and what I assume the lack of funds compared to CDPR's liquid assets for the development of Cyberpunk 2077, their ambition should have been closer to The Witcher 2 or Vampyr, I would say.

An ambitious game requires a dev studio with a strong backbone, e.g. Baldur's Gate 3 going to Larian. Based on the screenshots on the store page, and given the ambition for the game, I would have given the project to one of the studios behind Thief or Skyrim or Dishonored.

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

Thanks in advance.
I use Vanced and it does the job pretty well. I'm not sure about alternatives, that's all I know since it's popular.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
An ambitious game requires a dev studio with a strong backbone, e.g. Baldur's Gate 3 going to Larian. Based on the screenshots on the store page, and given the ambition for the game, I would have given the project to one of the studios behind Styx or Skyrim or Dishonored.

Ftfy

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
Oh wow, booting the devs from the project is a super bad sign. Like, having a completely new team pick up where they left off doesn't seem realistic at this point. This is either all but cancelled or getting rebooted completely.
That may be a good sign to kick the devs. If what they're doing is THAT bad, it may be better to shut down and reboot the project with a better team. It shows that Paradox is not giving up on the quality of the project, it's better than see a very shitty game being released (hello Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood).

Anyway, Hardsuit Labs ever made one F2P game, PC servers shut down in 19'. Maybe they weren't the best studio to work with for a project that big.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
"""Regional""" pricing for Poland on Steam: 250 PLN
WinGameStore price for the whole world: 180 PLN

Gee, calm down with those regional discounts, you're spoiling me.
Lol yeah. Steam is more pricey for me too, despite "regional pricing".

I guess I'll have to setup a paypal account sooner or later. I just can't afford to buy games from Steam anymore.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
"""Regional""" pricing for Poland on Steam: 250 PLN
WinGameStore price for the whole world: 180 PLN

Gee, calm down with those regional discounts, you're spoiling me.
points to the thread title

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Worldwide key?
Apparently locked for:
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, Germany, Guyana, Hong Kong, Iran, Islamic Republic of, Japan, Korea, Democratic People's Republic of, Korea, Republic of, Kosovo, Paraguay, Peru, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Syrian Arab Republic, Taiwan, Ukraine, Uruguay, Venezuela.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Thanks in advance.
I used it about a year ago and had no issues. It was a slightly saner experience than default Youtube, I don't know any more, sorry!

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Yeah, it can't be overstated just how wrong something (management, development, whatever) must have been going to take a step like that.

You don't simply "move" an AAA game project from one studio to another. We are most likely talking several man-months of work at least just to complete the migration and get the new team up to the state and ability to productively work on it that the old team was at.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Yeah, it can't be overstated just how wrong something (management, development, whatever) must have been going to take a step like that.

You don't simply "move" an AAA game project from one studio to another. We are most likely talking several man-months of work at least just to complete the migration and get the new team up to the state and ability to productively work on it that the old team was at.
Yeah, maybe selling the studio to Paradox in the first place was already a desperate move to save the project. Paradox is not known to torpedo their own studios to get rid of something like Bethesda or Take2

Reactions: lashman and d00d3n

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019

It was a really bad sign when they got rid of the Creative Director and the two lead narrative people. This feels like the final nail in the coffin.

Last edited:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I think it depends on how much staying power (in terms of resources willing to expend) Paradox has regarding the project.
I feel like we could still get a good game out of it, but it would be at the end of 2022 at the earliest.

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com

Bringing old Gears games on PC was part of the plan when The Coalition were finishing Gears 5. But then something went wrong, Rod Fergusson left the studio, Coalition focused on Gears 5 updates, and since then I haven't heard about Gears PC ports since then. There were talks about making full remakes of Gears 1-3 (yeah, even despite the fact that they already released GoW 1 Ultimate Edition), but no clue if it went anywhere either. Fergusson is one of the rare people who are actually good at studio management stuff, he saved BioShock Infinite from development hell and produced 2 AAA Gears games for MS within relatively short time, without him I expect that it'll take some time before we hear anything new from Coalition except support stuff. And yeah, this is not even a DLC, but a new "Operation" (Battle Pass season for PvP/PvE modes) for Gears 5, so nothing to see here for those who don't care about Gears multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.