Community MetaSteam | February 2022 - Good night, and good luck, Lowly Tarnished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!
  • All the best for you too, lashman

Big thanks for taking part in those monthly threads!
Huge hugs for all of you there.

Elden Ring

Rise, Tarnished, and be guided by grace to brandish the power of the Elden Ring and become an Elden Lord in the Lands Between.

A vast world where open fields with a variety of situations and huge dungeons with complex and three-dimensional designs are seamlessly connected. As you explore, the joy of discovering unknown and overwhelming threats await you, leading to a high sense of accomplishment.

A multilayered story told in fragments. An epic drama in which the various thoughts of the characters intersect in the Lands Between.

Dying Light 2: Stay Human

Over twenty years ago in Harran, we fought the virus—and lost. Now, we’re losing again. The City, one of the last large human settlements, is torn by conflict. Civilization has fallen back into the Dark Ages. And yet, we still have hope.

You are a wanderer with the power to change the fate of The City. But your exceptional abilities come at a price. Haunted by memories you cannot decipher, you set out to learn the truth… and find yourself in a combat zone. Hone your skills, as to defeat your enemies and make allies, you’ll need both fists and wits. Unravel the dark secrets behind the wielders of power, choose sides and decide your destiny. But wherever your actions take you, there's one thing you can never forget—stay human.

Total War Warhammer 3

Far beyond the world and its petty wars there exists a dimension of pure, malevolent magic: The Realm of Chaos. It is a terrible place, incomprehensible to the mortal mind. It whispers promises of power, but to behold it is to be seduced by it. To relinquish your soul to it. To become it.

The four Ruinous Powers rule over this place, ever seeking to slip their bonds and engulf the world in a tide of daemonic corruption. Nurgle, the plague god; Slaanesh, the lord of excess; Tzeentch, the changer of ways; and Khorne, the god of blood and slaughter.

On the border between the worlds, two mighty kingdoms stand sentinel: the stern warriors of Kislev and the vast empire of Grand Cathay. But each is beset by its own trials, and now both have cause to cross the threshold and send their armies into the Realm of Chaos.

The world stands on a precipice. A single push will plunge it into a cataclysm.

And there is one who schemes to achieve just that, an ancient figure who desires nothing less than to wield supreme power. But to succeed, he will need a champion…

The coming conflict will engulf all. Will you conquer your daemons? Or command them?

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen

Delve into Savathûn’s Throne World to uncover the mystery of how she and her Lucent Hive stole the Light. Learn the secrets to crafting new weapons, the new Glaive, and survive the truth within her web of lies.

A twisted wonderland of corruption and splendor, Savathûn’s Throne World plays host to a fragile balance of power. From her palace to the swamp, all that she hides can be found here.

Create custom weaponry with unique mod, shader, and stat combinations. Master the new Glaive weapon type and unleash powerful melee combos, projectile attacks, and a deployable energy shield.

Grid: Legends

GRID Legends delivers thrilling wheel-to-wheel motorsport and edge-of-your-seat action around the globe. Create your dream motorsport events, hop into live multiplayer races, be part of the drama in an immersive virtual production story, and embrace the sensation of spectacular action racing.

Jostle for position. Drive legendary cars to their limits. Feel the rush of incredible speed. Push your Nemesis on the track. Defeat your friends again and again...and don’t let them ever forget it!

Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster

The original FINAL FANTASY VI comes to life with completely new graphics and audio!

A remodeled 2D take on the sixth game in the world-renowned FINAL FANTASY series! Enjoy the timeless story told through charming retro graphics.

At last a good version of one of the most iconic games of all time now on PC.

Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream

A mysterious story of a mysterious dream ...

This is a story about one of the adventures Sophie the Alchemist had after she left her hometown of Kirchen Bell. It is centered around Sophie's quest of searching for Plachta after they are separated in a dream world of Erde Wiege, and the new friends they meet there.

OlliOlli World

OlliOlli World is a bold new skateboarding action-platformer that’s bursting with personality. Flip and flow through the vivid and vibrant world of Radlandia, meeting colorful characters as you grind, trick, and air your way to discover the mystical skate gods on your quest for Gnarvana.

Traverse a delightful and weird world as you take on missions, challenges, and make new friends along the way. Customize your character’s looks, tricks, and style while you experience explorable levels with multiple paths that provide an array of opportunities for player expression. Challenge the world in Leagues or dare a friend to beat your best tricks on one of millions of sharable levels. Experience the accessibility, depth, and player freedom as you dive into the signature flow state gameplay of OlliOlli World.

OlliOlli World marks the third entry in the critically-acclaimed OlliOlli series from Roll7, the BAFTA and multi-award-winning independent studio.

Inua - A Story in Ice and Time

Set off on a mystical journey to the Canadian Far North with Inua: a Story in Ice and Time, a point & click narrative adventure spanning multiple eras.
Meet Taïna, a present-day reporter determined to discover the truth behind the disappearance of the Terror, one of the ship of the Franklin expedition whose goal was to explore the Arctic in the 19th century. Her destiny is mysteriously linked to that of Peter, a young filmmaker covering a military expedition in the 1950s and Simon, a sailor of the Franklin expedition struggling to keep his crew alive.

Navigate through time to discover what links them together. Search for ideas, instill them in the characters' minds and guide them toward Nanurluk, the mythical polar bear who lived 10.000 years ago.

Lost Ark

Embark on an odyssey for the Lost Ark in a vast, vibrant world: explore new lands, seek out lost treasures, and test yourself in thrilling action combat. Define your fighting style with your class and advanced class, and customize your skills, weapons, and gear to bring your might to bear as you fight against hordes of enemies, colossal bosses, and dark forces seeking the power of the Ark in this action-packed free-to-play RPG.

Explore seven vast, varied continents and the seas between them to find vibrant cultures, strange and fantastical beasts, and all the unexpected marvels waiting to be discovered. Delve into the secrets of Arkesia, prove your might in battles and raids, compete against other players in PvP, travel to distant islands in search of hidden riches, face packs of enemies and colossal bosses in the open world, and more.

Jack Move

Jack Move is a JRPG that features a unique blend of gritty cyberpunk story telling, turn based battles, and beautiful modern pixel art.

Take on the role of Noa: A young vigilante hacker from Bright Town. As the overreaching mega-corporation, Monomind, kidnaps her estranged father, Noa has no choice but to get him back, before it's too late. Help her find her dad, as she finds herself on the way.

Noa won't be alone on her journey. She'll be helped out by her best friend and tactical planner, Ryder, as well as her Martini drinking uncle and ex-corporate spy, Guin Blakely.

Jack Move features beautifully animated, exciting and tactical turn based battles.

Customise the software of your Cyber Deck to switch roles mid battle, balancing offence, defence and buffs. Choosing which software you load during battle is the key to victory! Hardware upgrades can help boost your stats, increase the amount of software you can install or give Noa extra abilities.

Steam Deck

For the first time we feature a piece of hardware and that's no other than the Steam Deck, after a last minute delay last year, we will finally start getting the first batch of units at the end of this month, while the device is still not being sold in every country more regions should follow once the supply chain is steady, so expect more news soon.

Sure feels like an exciting release.

Darklands

Deep in the twilight of the Black Forest, you and your companions crouch before the robber-knight's tower. Hans, the alchemist, places his mysterious potion by the door. Ebhard the friar implores Saint Dunstan to bless your weapons and armor. And you and Gretchen grip naked long swords, praying your plate mail won't squeak.

With a thundery crash, the door explodes into fragments! You charge inside, swords and maces swinging. One guard falls beneath the power of your blade... then two more! You storm upstairs to the second floor, but there to greet you is Erhard the Red Wolf, the infamous robber-knight, surrounded by his henchmen. Hans tosses a choking potion into their faces and you quickly charge into the fray. The room echoes with the clash of steel on steel... it's a battle to the death in the Black Forest!

Prepare yourself to enter Darklands... the first realistic fantasy role-playing adventure for computers!

Huge thanks KainXVIII for your recommendation.

God of War (2018)

Get the achievement:
Allfather Blinded

Kill all of Odin's Ravens.

People who have completed the challenge:

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar) or use our wonderful bot Mona (thanks Valdien)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

Last edited:
OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Thread it's now complete with Retro game and monthly challenge, if you completed it, please tell me and I will include you on the list :cat-heart-blob:

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Cheers for the thread Mor :cat-heart-blob:
This month will be all about clearing a bit of the backlog in antecipation for Elden Ring, then it'll be all about that.
Also curious to see what humble has in store for us today.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Nice thread! Thanks for the work Mor :steam_pigblanket:

It's Deck month (well, realistically next month until the first people get theirs, but we should get some nice preview/review impressions)!

For me this month is only really gonna be Lost Ark, hopefully it delivers 🤞
I'll get Elden Ring eventually though! Unless Humble goes all out and it ends up in today's Choice alongside a Bloodborne preorder.

• Hug
Reactions: Tomasety and Mor

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Super jelly that lots of people will get their Steam Decks this month (or more likely, get the delivery notice at the end of this month). Mine still says Q2, and could be anything from now to June, I guess.

Thanks for the great OP, Mor.

• Hug
Reactions: Tomasety

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Thank you Mor for the new thread! Also thanks Valve for saving my money because Deck pre-order is not available here :loudly-crying-face:

• Gib
  • Hug
OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Nice new thread, thanks Mor

What a crazy month for games, will probably be playing those for the rest of the year.

worst god of war achievement though, don't recommend doing
And added :p

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Thanks for the thread!
This is it, finally this is the month of Elden Ring. Ohhhh Elden Ring! It's been almost 3 years without a From Software game and we were so spoiled by them that it felt a really long time.

And Boi!

Can't say it was hard though, provided that you do as long as you normally explore so you don't have to backtrack, there's a clear audio clue everytime you're near one.

• Gib
  • Eyes
Dec 5, 2018
Thanks for the thread.

Time sure flies.

For now to finish Cold Steel IV and then play short stuff until Elden Ring drops, will get FFVIPR eventually.

• Eyes
OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Thanks for the thread!
This is it, finally this is the month of Elden Ring. Ohhhh Elden Ring! It's been almost 3 years without a From Software game and we were so spoiled by them that it felt a really long time.

And Boi!

Can't say it was hard though, provided that you do as long as you normally explore so you don't have to backtrack, there's a clear audio clue everytime you're near one.
Added :D

Reactions: Kal1m3r0

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Great thread Mor !!

Assuming it's good, this is probably Dying Light 2 month for me, since I caved on it. Fortunately I'm not a souls games fan and these days stay as far away as possible from Destiny, so I think that's the only AAA-trap for me in February.

Thank you very, very much for thread. And as always, hoping lashman is well.

• Hug

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Happy Lunar New Year to everyone! 🎊🎉
And thanks for the thread Mor!

I've got Elden Ring preordered on Steam, so that's ready to roll... since I also have a Horizon: Forbidden West CE coming in this month, most of early February will be used scrambling to finish off the first game on PC. :dizzy-face:

I've been playing The Kids We Were as of late, and am really enjoying it. Gameplay is pretty basic, but the game has so much charm and atmosphere - its a fun time travel tale powered by 80's nostalgia. If you've ever played Attack of the Friday Monsters on 3DS, this has the same vibe. Worth picking up on sale for sure!

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Thanks Mor for the thread, and this lovely community for keeping things rolling as always. ❤
=========

I am hyped for FFVI remaster. It looks actually good, and i'm super curious how the OST sounds newly done.

Out today also. In 2 hours it unlocks.

=========

I’m having a lot of fun with arceus, ditching that terrible design choice of having pokemon to forget moves to learn new ones was the best
I picked this up too, but currently I'm making my way slowly through Pokemon Sword first. I've seen a little gameplay via Streams and it does seem like SUCH an improvement over the usual Pokemon formula. It makes me excited to eventually sit down and play it.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Elden Ring month...!
I hope it performs at least about the same as Sekiro.

Nightmare Creatures
I thought I knew this one from the name but looking at it, I'm thinking of some other game because that was on PS2. I wonder what that was. Gotta investigate when I get home.
Did some googling and I was thinking of Primal. I should play it one of these days.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
First 2 hours of Vampire Survivor
The last run was insane! survived 27 minutes, to level 70
Didn't play that much of Vampire Survivors, so I am no expert, but I totally recommend getting the bible item every time. I once upgraded it and I also had an item that increased projectile speed ( tho I am not sure if it affects bible speed) and monsters literally couldn't touch me because everything was pushed away by the bible. All I did was stand in place for like 10 minutes.

• This!
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Avern

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Hello new thread

Today is first rebranded Choice bundle. I wonder what games they will have. Will it be anything good? Will it be just crap? Or will it be a mix with good and bad games?
I would assume it will be objectively "good" value-wise, since they probably want to start strong, but as always whether the games are subjectively "good" is different for everyone.

• This!
Status
Not open for further replies.