Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Steam Blog :: Updated DLC Browsing Experience

Updated DLC Browsing Experience
11 JANUARY - ALDEN

We’ve just rolled out an update that makes it easier to find downloadable content for your favorite games. Any game that offers DLC will now have a sortable, featured page of all of its DLC in one place. Furthermore, (and especially for games that have a tons of DLC) we’re providing ways for developers to customize how these pages by creating lists, adding branding and specifying which titles to feature.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Steam Blog :: Updated DLC Browsing Experience

Updated DLC Browsing Experience
11 JANUARY - ALDEN

We’ve just rolled out an update that makes it easier to find downloadable content for your favorite games. Any game that offers DLC will now have a sortable, featured page of all of its DLC in one place. Furthermore, (and especially for games that have a tons of DLC) we’re providing ways for developers to customize how these pages by creating lists, adding branding and specifying which titles to feature.
and we have a thread now too :)

News - Valve adds new functionality to DLC browsing and creating (Shop)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Nice. You can replace app with dlc in the URL and it works.
yup, universal change

although - it'll be a HUGE pain in the ass now to add multiple DLCs to cart ... or even "add all"

zkylon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOxkGD8qRB4
Nov 2, 2018
Well I did but the lyrics don’t say “hey party people we’re k/da in the place to be our name stands for kills deaths assists”
kda literally means best shit ever

i've started using kda as my placeholder art and music for all the things i do so all the crap we shipped at work since october has some kda hidden somewhere <3

i'll try and sneak the 1hr version somewhere, tho that's probably a big filesize

Teggy

Patiently waiting for Wet 2
Dec 2, 2018

i've started using kda as my placeholder art and music for all the things i do so all the crap we shipped at work since october has some kda hidden somewhere <3

i'll try and sneak the 1hr version somewhere, tho that's probably a big filesize
The girl with the pointy fingers scares me

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
To those of you on my Steam friends list, I apologize for poppin' on/off Sleepy Dogs so much this afternoon but I was getting frequent crashes to desktop and spent the majority of that time troubleshooting. :unsure:

For future reference, if you ever find yourself also crashing in Sleepy Dogs consider the following.

- The in-game AA options are VERY taxing at the highest level. SSAA is crazy intense on the GPU, especially if you play at 4K like me. To make matters worse, the benchmark provided is absolutely 100% no good in determining how your game will actually perform when live.

- The game has troubles with full-screen mode. Especially if you try to upscale from a lower resolution. (For example, I tried going from 4K to 1728p and letting the GPU upscale from there... ) This caused crashes regularly at around 8-11 minutes of gameplay.

So I guess my tips would be to only enable fullscreen when playing at your native resolution. And secondly don't turn on the extreme AA preset unless you have like an 8K capable GPU. I couldn't even play stable 30 FPS with it on, let alone those of you who like to chase 60... Wew.

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
Interesting. This game is ranked #2 in the list of hidden gems. Is Valve offering a free weekend to help people discover hidden gems?

I wonder whether it is a mere coincidence, or whether Valve actually developed its own algorithm.

Post automatically merged:

For info, your post looks like this. You could get rid of half the tweets (the ones on the left) and the whole Twitter thread would still be readable.

I removed half, I think that fixed it. Thanks!

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
On a slightly related note, I realize that "troubleshooting" is often used as a point of annoyance or deterrence against PC Gaming and I get it can be annoying sometimes... Personally though I don't mind troubleshooting too much. I take these infrequent (It's no where near as often as some would like you to believe) opportunities as a learning experience. I'm forced to google a bunch of things and tinker tinker tinker 'til I get it right. Over time you start to build up a database in your brain and the troubleshooting gets quicker.

After enough troubleshooting you can become a helpful person yourself and help others, which is one thing I love quite a bit about the PC community.
===============

Edit: Also, check the latest updates for EITR!

It's been forever and a half but... Summer 2019!

Last edited:

zkylon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOxkGD8qRB4
Nov 2, 2018
am i the only one that instinctively mashes in every game in which you get stunned in a desperate attempt that'll do anything

cos like, i have the theory no game cares if you mash

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

I believe in you if you change your avatar to kda

Reactions: lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
am i the only one that instinctively mashes in every game in which you get stunned in a desperate attempt that'll do anything

cos like, i have the theory no game cares if you mash
I was trained by ancient video games to wiggle sticks and mash buttons when stunned or grabbed. Especially in Resident Evil games.

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
Heads up, if you're in Google's Project Stream for Assassin's Creed Odyssey, I think you only have 3 days left to play at least an hour of it to get a Uplay version.

Reactions: lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Today I ventured into Epic Lands and played What Remains of Edith Finch.
Great game, not so great client. This thing really has no features at all and the UX is annoying.

The Library shows a big-ass tile for every game and I can't imagine how this is supposed to work at all once you have dozens or hundreds of games (since there isn't even a quick search either). Tough to be fair, this isn't an issue yet, since the store barely sells anything anyway, so one could say they still have time to figure things out.)

(Btw, the tiles scale to the size of the client window and it only ever shows 3 per row. Mayimizing the launcher only results in 3 tiles that are even bigger, whyyy).

This is something on the game itself, but I had the launcher in German and Edith Finch booted in German, but I wanted to play it in English. I didn't see anything in the options and not in the launcher either (like the Languages tab in the game properties in Steam). Through google I found on the Steam forums (heh) that the game uses the language of the client. So I switched the launcher to English and that was that.
Dear developers, just... give me language options in the freaking game itself or configurable via the Client (like in Steam), but don't assume I want to play games in a particular language because I'm using that language somewhere else. Thanks.

The library page of a specific game is also pretty underwhelming. Because it basically doesn't exist. It's literally just the store page but only with a big "Install" or "Launch" button instead of the Buy one. And a small gear for the settings, which are: Verify, Create Shortcut, Uninstall and an Auto-Update toggle.
That page also drives me crazy because behind the Launch button is an endlessly looping gif to show some stuff from the game.
The Launcher doesn't track your playtime. There are no achievements, and while I don't have any friends there I assume it also wouldn't show you which friends have that game either.

There is no ingame-overlay with a web-browser, showing you the time, how long you're playing and that stuff (even Origin has that!). And a personal petpeeve of mine, no screenshot button. Am I supposed to use Print Screen -> Alt Tab -> Paste into Paint -> Save -> Alt Tab back into game? What is this, the digital stone age? Am I supposed to add the game to Steam and use its overlay and Screenshot function?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
What's up MC :"")
you're only gonna come here when you're banned, aren't you? :p

Man this game, so gorgeous. I just spend half of the time taking screenshots :love:
yes ... yes, it is! :)

The library page of a specific game is also pretty underwhelming. Because it basically doesn't exist. It's literally just the store page but only with a big "Install" or "Launch" button instead of the Buy one. And a small gear for the settings, which are: Verify, Create Shortcut, Uninstall and an Auto-Update toggle.
That page also drives me crazy because behind the Launch button is an endlessly looping gif to show some stuff from the game.
The Launcher doesn't track your playtime. There are no achievements, and while I don't have any friends there I assume it also wouldn't show you which friends have that game either.

There is no ingame-overlay with a web-browser, showing you the time, how long you're playing and that stuff (even Origin has that!). And a personal petpeeve of mine, no screenshot button. Am I supposed to use Print Screen -> Alt Tab -> Paste into Paint -> Save -> Alt Tab back into game? What is this, the digital stone age? Am I supposed to add the game to Steam and use its overlay and Screenshot function?
isn't competition great?

Reactions: prudis and fokkusu
Status
Not open for further replies.