Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Happy new year everyone! I hope 2020 will be a great year for all of you, with many wonderful moments, lots of love from the people around you, no financial problems and a good health.

Of course I also hope you'll enjoy lots of great games, no matter what platform or store you're using.

Last but not least I want to apologize if I have been too "fanatic" in speaking out against gaming-related practices I don't like. I'll do my best to work on this in 2020. I also want to emphasize that none of my comments are meant as a personal attack or judgment towards other people for having a different opinion than me about this matter. We're all on the same side after all. 😊

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Happy new year. Were the awards discussed already, I only just saw Valve's e-mail.
only very briefly in the December thread

Happy new year everyone! I hope 2020 will be a great year for all of you, with many wonderful moments, lots of love from the people around you, no financial problems and a good health.

Of course I also hope you'll enjoy lots of great games, no matter what platform or store you're using.

Last but not least I want to apologize if I have been too "fanatic" in speaking out against gaming-related practices I don't like. I'll do my best to work on this in 2020. I also want to emphasize that none of my comments are meant as a personal attack or judgment towards other people for having a different opinion than me about this matter. We're all on the same side after all. 😊
:wd_heart:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I was hoping that Valve would do the same thing they did last year of having the winners featured, but I guess that it would have just taken too long?

The PC version of Sekiro markets itself, which is why From doesn't talk too much about it

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
The only game I want to play in january is Temtem, hope am not the only one, because I don´t want to play only by my self :face-with-stuck-out-tongue:

Reactions: lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I hope more Yakuza comes to PC. And Sakura Wars.
Speaking of Yakuza, I remember Yakuza 0 coming to the west sort of being this one thing of itself. I didn't think much of it but some of the other people from Gematsu were really happy about it. The game even had this launch edition (the business one) A few month after the game came out I saw that it was on sale on PSN and decided to buy it for around $40USD (or something like that) only for me to download the game and try it out for a bit. That was dumb of me because at the time I mostly thought the business edition was sold out or something like that and the only way to get Yakuza 0 was digitally. I was wrong and I was able to get the business edition from Gamestop for about $40USD or so. If Sony had the same refund policy that Valve has then I would not be too upset and I could just refund the PSN purchase.

I find the way consoles work (and I assume that this is also a thing on PC?) So I can buy a physical game on PS4 and then have it install on my PS4, compared to digital this is good because then I do not have to download the full game from the internet and in theory will allow me to play the game quicker since there is a feature that allows you to play games after they have download a certain amount of the games assets (EA Origin lets you do this, it would seem). The main downside is that you will need to have the disc inserted into your PS4 to play the game (this makes sense since you have always needed the media, but the difference is that the game needs to right information on the Hard drive to even run at all). Everyone know how digital works and it is convenient, but the downside is that it heavily relies on the internet.

So I have it digitally (I have a licence to play it digitally) and I have a physical copy as well, so if I wanted to delete the game and reinstall it (quickly because my internet is just really slow), why can't I use the disc and then just use my digital licence to play the game (this is something that you can do with PC games and this is how the physical PC games that THQ still does work. You get a copy of the game on a DVD, and you install the majority of the game that way and then you download the rest on Steam, so instead of downloading 20GB each time, you maybe only need to download 5+GB now? )

It makes sense at to why Sony will not do it the THQ way, since I think MS was trying to do something like that and people didn't like it, but what about being able to play the game if you have the digital licence for the game, the main issue is that the PS4 views the PSN version of games and the digital games as the same SKU (?) but the both have different .exes.

Eventually Yakuza 0 would get announced for PC. I still have not beaten Yakuza 0 but I have 4 copies of the game now!!! 2 of those are for the PS4 (digital and physical) and then I have the game already on Steam but I also have a HB code for the game as well.

All of that money spent on nothing.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Speaking of Yakuza, I remember Yakuza 0 coming to the west sort of being this one thing of itself. I didn't think much of it but some of the other people from Gematsu were really happy about it. The game even had this launch edition (the business one) A few month after the game came out I saw that it was on sale on PSN and decided to buy it for around $40USD (or something like that) only for me to download the game and try it out for a bit. That was dumb of me because at the time I mostly thought the business edition was sold out or something like that and the only way to get Yakuza 0 was digitally. I was wrong and I was able to get the business edition from Gamestop for about $40USD or so. If Sony had the same refund policy that Valve has then I would not be too upset and I could just refund the PSN purchase.

I find the way consoles work (and I assume that this is also a thing on PC?) So I can buy a physical game on PS4 and then have it install on my PS4, compared to digital this is good because then I do not have to download the full game from the internet and in theory will allow me to play the game quicker since there is a feature that allows you to play games after they have download a certain amount of the games assets (EA Origin lets you do this, it would seem). The main downside is that you will need to have the disc inserted into your PS4 to play the game (this makes sense since you have always needed the media, but the difference is that the game needs to right information on the Hard drive to even run at all). Everyone know how digital works and it is convenient, but the downside is that it heavily relies on the internet.

So I have it digitally (I have a licence to play it digitally) and I have a physical copy as well, so if I wanted to delete the game and reinstall it (quickly because my internet is just really slow), why can't I use the disc and then just use my digital licence to play the game (this is something that you can do with PC games and this is how the physical PC games that THQ still does work. You get a copy of the game on a DVD, and you install the majority of the game that way and then you download the rest on Steam, so instead of downloading 20GB each time, you maybe only need to download 5+GB now? )

It makes sense at to why Sony will not do it the THQ way, since I think MS was trying to do something like that and people didn't like it, but what about being able to play the game if you have the digital licence for the game, the main issue is that the PS4 views the PSN version of games and the digital games as the same SKU (?) but the both have different .exes.

Eventually Yakuza 0 would get announced for PC. I still have not beaten Yakuza 0 but I have 4 copies of the game now!!! 2 of those are for the PS4 (digital and physical) and then I have the game already on Steam but I also have a HB code for the game as well.

All of that money spent on nothing.
You should correct this asap.
And probably they don't let you because the PSN is poop and probably can't validate such thing.

Reactions: PC-tan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
You should correct this asap.
And probably they don't let you because the PSN is poop and probably can't validate such thing.
ya, it took them years just to modify PSN and add some features to it.

I don't think PSN will even let you give games star reviews (rate) unless you buy the game from PSN. Which is sort of dumb seeing how the 3DS lets you do that (and funny enough I think the N/S eShop got rid of star reviews all together) but then again I don't think that you could buy full digital games at the start so that is why that system exist (and it was also able to keep track of your game data, well that one 3DS app/game that is built in tells you stuff).

Reactions: NarohDethan

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I have Doom, Goose game, and both Frog Detective games installed. It is plausible that I can finish 4 games on the first day of the decade.
Three for sure. Depends on if you've started DOOM already. It's fairly long, though you may be able to rush through it on a lower difficulty and no exploring?

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Ooo, wrong DOOM. I completed the original but couldn't guess at this point how long it'd take you to complete it from where you are. Good luck!

Reactions: NarohDethan

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Status
Not open for further replies.