👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Jedi too.

not denuvo's fault btw
Only pirated version of Jedi though.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I think you either wait until demand dies down or try adding an existing broadcaster to you friends list and watching them? I think loads of people were doing that yesterday.

I just fired up Fallen Order and it worked fine so it must be something else stopping people playing.

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I had to go through 3 controllers to get a controller working with Impossible Lair on EGS.

Trash.

At first, my Xbone controller didn't work, so I connected my PS4 controller to my PC and restarted EGS, not working, so I tried my Switch Pro controller, not working, then I tried tried my second Xbone controller and then it worked.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Sorry to contradict you FunnyJay , but even mobos work with windows 10. Did it several time on intel machines and even once from an intel to a ryzen pc and had no problems. That said, I'd still recommend doing it!
Well then! Color me impressed! I did not know that!
I've done it before with Windows XP and Windows 7, and that never worked, so I just assumed it was the same with Windows 10. Good to hear that it is now possible!

Reactions: KainXVIII

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, i've heard Windows 10 is really forgiving with motherboard swaps. I'd advise you add the latest chipset drivers afterwards but Win10 will boot and sort itself out which is great, even across Intel and AMD which is mad compared to what i used to go through.

Reactions: KainXVIII

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Happy new year, everyone~! :fashionblob:

I guess it's also a good time to properly say that I'm sorry that I'm not as active as I usually am lately. I've said this before a couple of months ago, that I've kinda lost all interest in gaming these days. It's not that I don't have time for it, but I literally spend all my free time watching dorama, football, and other shows on TV. I'm probably in what people usually call a "break", but I don't actually plan it nor actively avoiding it. I've tried booting up a few games but just dropped it after loading a save file or getting control of my character on a new game. I'll definitely play Cyberpunk, but I'm not sure if I'll play anything before that.

Deleted member 113

I'm yet to start playing Halo: Reach, and I noticed there's an event going on that unlocks a cosmetic item or whatever:

For those that have been following the PC release, may I ask:
-is this the first event for the PC version?
-how long would it take me to complete that ("beat the par score on any two snowy campaign missions")? Are those single-player missions, or co-op?

Reactions: QFNS and lashman

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Playing Metro Last Light right now, and it's really different from Metro 2033. That one was a much slower game, more focused on survival alone. this also reflected in the how the levels were designed. Last Light has far more action set pieces, and is overall more designed as a more "arcadey" action game. And I honestly like it a lot more. Graphics also look much more colorful and bright.

I am a bit confused by the moral system in this game. Sure, there's logical stuff like not killing enemies who have surrendered. But then you also get "light points" for stuff like listening to random conversations, or just exploration. At the same, it's probably like in the first game where it just changed which ending cutscene you got, so easy to look via Youtube. I assume it will also just pick one of the two as the canon one for Exodus

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
All hail Steam cloud save. My Witcher 3 save from god knows when still intact.

Recommend me must have mods please.
Friendly hud to replace the minimap with in-game markers. And the "ghost mode" mod to fix many things that are wrong with the vanilla game.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Alrighty, Nue down. Tachibana Muneshige as well, was surprisingly easy compared to Nue - did it on my second try :02think:
Now to spend some time sifting through my inventory, doing new Dojo missions, 1 submission and then next region it is!

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I am... kinda. I'm pondering:

Lost Ember or Baldr Sky or Rolling Line or Toe Jam and Earl BITG or Gujian 3 and possibly Blood and Truth PSVR or Judgment.

Reactions: Li Kao

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Haven't finished Grandia, should I buy Grandia 2 before the end of the sale?
You can never have enough anime.

Reactions: Tizoc

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Finally completed Monster Boy: And The Cursed Kingdom. Way longer than I thought. Took me 24 hours. Good game.

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018
Finally completed Monster Boy: And The Cursed Kingdom. Way longer than I thought. Took me 24 hours. Good game.
I just got that this sale using the $5 coupon. Figured it would never hit the impulse buy threshold I was waiting for so I might as well make it happen myself.

I'm always down (and will always be down) for another 2D metroidvania.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Jedi too.

not denuvo's fault btw
Fallen Order starts fine. So in the comments they mention it only affects the pirated version (what did the cracker do anyways?) So where are they sourcing their 'info' (apart from a complete lack of any research before publishing)

Reactions: QFNS

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
I'm currently playing Dying Light and I've noticed something really cool: they've actually implemented the Doppler effect.

There was an alarm blaring into the distance... and when I used the grapple hook to move towards it, the pitch would raise and when I moved away from it the pitch would lower.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Do we have a figure OT? To show off your weeb collection?

Reactions: PC-tan

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Been playing some hours Enter the Gungeon. The game is difficult, the bosses takes way too long time to kill. Am I playing it wrong?

5taquitos

I don't beat games
Nov 18, 2019
Been playing some hours Enter the Gungeon. The game is difficult, the bosses takes way too long time to kill. Am I playing it wrong?
For the first couple floors, use your starter gun on enemies and chest guns on bosses. There's some strategy involved in picking chests, but it's been a while since I've played.

The opening areas are definitely the slowest part of the game, but it's all about learning the enemies and bosses.

Also, despite the company name and the emphasis in the tutorial, avoid rolling unless absolutely necessary, as it tends to put you in even more of a predicament than if you manually dodge shots.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Happy New Year everyone!

Ended the year and decade on a really high note by finishing one of my favorite games I played all last year, Zwei 2: The Ilvard Insurrection. Just wanted to do a small write up/mini shill, as when generally people think of Falcom they think of Trails and Ys, but Zwei 2 never really got the same amount of love those games do despite being in the same level of quality as Falcom's best when it comes to Trails and Ys.

The gameplay is an action RPG dungeon crawler and those who've played Ys, Trails, and Xanadu (most specifically TX) will probably feel right at home as this game shares quite a bit with those. Fantastic and memorable NPCs with vast amounts of changing dialogue as the story progresses, great dungeon crawling, a lovable and very well developed main duo and overall colorful cast of characters, a charming art style, and a fantastic soundtrack in typical Falcom style.

What makes it so charming though really is the characters, coupled with a fantastic localization by XSEED, specifically back when Nick was still working at the company, as all the dialogue is just so fun, but also very touching when it needs to be, especially as it ramps up towards the end. It's not perfect, there are some issues, especially with a couple floors of one of the late game dungeons, and despite it being a good port I had the game crash on me a couple times (and unfortunately the game is locked to 30). Honestly I could gush about it (and especially the OST) for hours, but I'll just say that if you're looking for a really well done JRPG for a low price, you genuinely can't go wrong with Zwei 2. It's on sale now for $10, but honestly it's a steal even at it's base price of $20. If it wasn't for Cold Steel 2, it'd probably be my favorite of all the localized Falcom games so far.

Edit: Forgot to mention I clocked in about 25 hours to beat it. You could spend anywhere between 20-30 depending on how much of the side content you want to do and NPCs you revisit.

Last edited:

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
I had to go through 3 controllers to get a controller working with Impossible Lair on EGS.

Trash.

At first, my Xbone controller didn't work, so I connected my PS4 controller to my PC and restarted EGS, not working, so I tried my Switch Pro controller, not working, then I tried tried my second Xbone controller and then it worked.
Well, there's a reason it's called Impossible Lair. Not Very Difficult Lair, or even Rather Complicated Lair, but Impossible. They're not gonna make this easy.

Seriously now, that sucks. Wonder if it's the game's or EGS's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.