Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Oh wait Pokemon PvP, my bad. Thanks for the insight though, I'd assumed there is more to it but didn't look into it much ^^;

In 2020, I demand a reboot of Ninja Scooter Simulator

EDIT: BTW anyone got any spare keys for
Two Point Hospital
Trailmakers
Graveyard Digger
?

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I've never owned GTA4 on pc.

Because I played it on PS3 along with MGS4 when I first bought a PS3 in 08.

It would be nice to own a cheap non GFWL version of the game just in case I do want to play it again. There was some singleplayer content released for it after launch that I never go to play along with PC mods.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
I bought it through GFWL at launch and it never worked, so of course I skipped it on Steam. Even fucking WB had the sense to remove that shit and update their games ages ago.

Just pirate the damn thing, although to be honest, why bother at this point...

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Oh lads, my ghost still haunts these walls.

In-fact I still visit everyday. ... just don't really have anything important to say. Lately I'm playing FE3H, Pokemon Sword, on my Switch, and as usual R6 Siege on PC. Still playing lots of FGO on my phone, and working two jobs.

None of that is really relevant to this thread though, so I just stay quiet. Haven't been able to participate in Steam sales either lately since my funds just aren't what they used to be. And I'm trying to save up for a new phone, mine is on it's last legs battery wise, and I also wanna save for a GPU. (3080ti probably won't be cheap!)
And here i worried you had become an husky farming hermit in alaska :H02blush:

SAO x Persona 5
Why tho
why

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
You'd think Rockstar would have enough funds to put towards getting their older catalog up and running better on modern systems, but that'd be too much of a sunk cost for them, so on the one hand it is understandable
On the other, just take the loss you cheap ass cucks :V

Reactions: lashman

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
If you have any more good SSG guides, hit me with them. I have been having a tough time sorting out all the mecahnics.
This web page has a lot of information

Here is another guide that Tizoc posted earlier
Durante

BTW since you are doing Urpina route, follow this guide once you reach Province Cerenaif, it'll help get enough materials to buff your weapons and equipment. I'm following it atm to get needed materials for upgrading and it also lets you earn some equipment.

Reactions: Kvik and Tizoc

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
My nephew got GTAV as a present for his 10th birthday from a friend that is the same age. What the fuck are these parents doing?

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
My nephew got GTAV as a present for his 10th birthday from a friend that is the same age. What the fuck are these parents doing?
To be fair I was playing GTA San Andres when I was that age and most of my friends also played that game as well and we all turned out relatively okay.

It was a very fun game.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
You shouldn't be surprised. The entire rise of Grand Theft Autos popularity is basically creating edgy, obscene and violent content for the 10 year old/teen crowd.

I remember when I was in middle school the entire talk at our lunch tables for weeks was this game where you can pick up a hooker...pay her, fuck her and kill her to get your money back.

Rockstars 15 minutes of fame came when news channels all across the US were showing straight up footage of GTA3 and guy running around shooting cops. And they took that 15 minutes and basically turned it into 15 years of the shit. And will most likely do it for the next 15 too.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
To be fair I was playing GTA San Andres when I was that age and most of my friends also played that game as well and we all turned out relatively okay.

It was a very fun game.
Are you seriously defending this? Have you seen that torture scene?
You shouldn't be surprised. The entire rise of Grand Theft Autos popularity is basically creating edgy, obscene and violent content for the 10 year old/teen crowd.

I remember when I was in middle school the entire talk at our lunch tables for weeks was this game where you can pick up a hooker...pay her, fuck her and kill her to get your money back.

Rockstars 15 minutes of fame came when news channels all across the US were showing straight up footage of GTA3 and guy running around shooting cops. And they took that 15 minutes and basically turned it into 15 years of the shit. And will most likely do it for the next 15 too.
I know all of this but few things piss me off as much as irresponsible parents.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019

It was a very fun game.
I went over to my friend's house to play some Vice City back in the day back when I was 10. Good times.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
My parents didn't let me play M-rated games until I was 13, and even that was enough to sorta ostracize me from my friends back in elementary school.

I'd totally do the same if/when I have a kid, though.

Reactions: lashman

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
If you have any more good SSG guides, hit me with them. I have been having a tough time sorting out all the mecahnics.
What character's route are you in Uprina? Uprina route gets stat boosts hella slow, at least compared to Bal route where you are guaranteed a boost for at least one if not all characters after a battle.
Best tip I can give is just focus on getting United Attacks during combat. Some attacks are good against certain enemies, for example axes have a useful attack against plant type creatures whereas blunt weapons like maces are good against the undead. Bows are good against Flying enemies too.
This weapon bonus isn't necessary to win fights, what is necessary is using the right Formation and character attack combos to land united attacks more often for more easier wins.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I imagine its almost impossible for parents to be able to prevent it nowadays. Parents couldn't do it with our generation and we didn't even have cellphones, twitch, ease of access to internet/communication etc. Most parents of 10 year olds nowadays played games themselves too so they just don't give a shit.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Are you seriously defending this? Have you seen that torture scene?

I forgot about that part, and I do see your point (well at least in regards to that part in particular, since I don't think the other GTA games that I played had something like that).

My comment is mostly about GTA and playing it at a young and and how it is not out of the norm for someone that is 13 years (and even younger) to have played the game.

But then again in the situation that you brought up, it is different because it was not the parent that bought the game for the child but rather a friend, and the friends parents may not have asked the child's parents before hand if that would be an appropriate gift that they would allow in their household.

An example of a irresponsible parent to me, is one that goes to GameStop with their kid, their kid chooses GTA, then the cashier lets the parent know that the game is very violent and the parent just shrugs it off and still buys the game, and then later returns to the store to complain about the game and why the cashier didn't warn them. That to me is a irresponsible parent. There is a reason that the ESRB thing exist and it is to be a guideline not a strict government reenforced thing because in the end it is only the parent that knows what is best for their child (aka what their child can and can not handle). Kids can go see R rated movies so long as an adult goes with them. If things were different then that would be against the law, which it is not.

Now in the case of what happened with your nephew then ya that would fall under irresponsible parent (well depending on if that friends parents did in fact purchase that game on behalf of that child) because the parents purchased that game with the intent of it being the gift for a young child before consultant with that child's parents to find out if it would be an okay gift. People are all different and some people just can't handle very violent stuff and in those case the child should most different be not allowed the play the game.

I played violent games when I grew up and that didn't affect me, but that is just me and your nephew could be very different and in the end it will only be the parents that "knows what's best".

But then again parents don't always know what's best, in the case of my parents, my mother swore that Pokemon was the work if the devil..... Ya.... She was one of those parents (and my sister is also like that with her kid as well, she does let him collect Pokemon cards and he even has one 3DS game of Pokemon).

And I'm pretty sure that the people here can confirm that Pokemon is not the work of the devil.

My parents still judge me when ever they see me playing violent video games even though I am 24 now. And violent video games are not what make me mad, what would make me more mad is peoples opinion of me playing violent video games. And maybe that is the issue itself that people have with violent video games. So if I die a lot in a online FPS, I don't get mad, if some one comes in and tells me in person to stop playing violent video games because they are bad, is when I do get mad (but I don't resort to violence myself, I just get pissed is all)

Maybe I myself would be an irresponsible parent if I was a parent, but more importantly maybe I would have a while different outlook on things if I was a parent (since I know myself that I would make a terrible parent, and that is most likely why I will never be one).

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Ok I think I'm being thick but how do you move around the world in Robot Repair and Secret Shop in The Lab?
Teleport doesn't seem to work?
There is a difference.

It was vice city back then but point taken 😛

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
------

Call this defending GTA or what ever but how will kids play GTA? Will they ever do the story stuff or will they just do dumb stuff? I never did the story mode of San Andres but then again one of the main differences between that and GTA V at least is the way that the PS2 and PS4 work. The PS2 didn't have a memory card built in and not everyone had memory cards so when ever I would play San Andres it was always the overworld stuff and just diving and shooting, which is of course very different to the torture scene. So what the person playing the game is going to experience is very different. With San Andres I would never have gotten to the equivalent of how long it takes to get the to torture scene in GTA V because that would mean having to save the game, which would not have been an option. So that is where my mind set comes from

What do most kids do in GTA V? Do they finish all of the story? Do they only do GTA Online? Do they just drive and mess around in the over world?

How know but killing people is at least one of the things that they will do and lot of driving.

As for other games like COD, well it will mostly be online multiplayer and pretty much just that and I'm pretty sure we all know what can be expected from what. Kids yelling on their mics in Xbox Live.

My little sister was maybe 14 or 15 when she was playing GTA V and all she wanted to do was just drive around and mess around in the game (which is the exact same thing that I did with San Andres when I was a little kid) and I don't think she ever got to the torture part. And even now that she is 19 she ask me if she can play GTA V because she is in the mode to just drive and stuff in that game.

GTA is violent and all of these other things but they must have done something right to be able to get people to pick up their game and sell millions of copies

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I imagine its almost impossible for parents to be able to prevent it nowadays. Parents couldn't do it with our generation and we didn't even have cellphones, twitch, ease of access to internet/communication etc. Most parents of 10 year olds nowadays played games themselves too so they just don't give a shit.
It's as simple as looking at the age rating label on the box.
An 18+ label should make it pretty obvious that the game isn't for children. In this case not only did they give it to their own child but they're also giving it to others as well. Pisses me off. If you don't "give a shit" then just don't have kids.

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
This web page has a lot of information

Here is another guide that Tizoc posted earlier
What character's route are you in Uprina? Uprina route gets stat boosts hella slow, at least compared to Bal route where you are guaranteed a boost for at least one if not all characters after a battle.
Best tip I can give is just focus on getting United Attacks during combat. Some attacks are good against certain enemies, for example axes have a useful attack against plant type creatures whereas blunt weapons like maces are good against the undead. Bows are good against Flying enemies too.
This weapon bonus isn't necessary to win fights, what is necessary is using the right Formation and character attack combos to land united attacks more often for more easier wins.
Thanks, this will be helpful!
Yeah I am doing Urpina. I try to get the United attacks now but I will prioritize that. I haven't been messing with the formations much so I will need to dig deeper into that as well.

Reactions: Tizoc

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I forgot about that part, and I do see your point (well at least in regards to that part in particular, since I don't think the other GTA games that I played had something like that).

My comment is mostly about GTA and playing it at a young and and how it is not out of the norm for someone that is 13 years (and even younger) to have played the game.

But then again in the situation that you brought up, it is different because it was not the parent that bought the game for the child but rather a friend, and the friends parents may not have asked the child's parents before hand if that would be an appropriate gift that they would allow in their household.

An example of a irresponsible parent to me, is one that goes to GameStop with their kid, their kid chooses GTA, then the cashier lets the parent know that the game is very violent and the parent just shrugs it off and still buys the game, and then later returns to the store to complain about the game and why the cashier didn't warn them. That to me is a irresponsible parent. There is a reason that the ESRB thing exist and it is to be a guideline not a strict government reenforced thing because in the end it is only the parent that knows what is best for their child (aka what their child can and can not handle). Kids can go see R rated movies so long as an adult goes with them. If things were different then that would be against the law, which it is not.

Now in the case of what happened with your nephew then ya that would fall under irresponsible parent (well depending on if that friends parents did in fact purchase that game on behalf of that child) because the parents purchased that game with the intent of it being the gift for a young child before consultant with that child's parents to find out if it would be an okay gift. People are all different and some people just can't handle very violent stuff and in those case the child should most different be not allowed the play the game.

I played violent games when I grew up and that didn't affect me, but that is just me and your nephew could be very different and in the end it will only be the parents that "knows what's best".

But then again parents don't always know what's best, in the case of my parents, my mother swore that Pokemon was the work if the devil..... Ya.... She was one of those parents (and my sister is also like that with her kid as well, she does let him collect Pokemon cards and he even has one 3DS game of Pokemon).

And I'm pretty sure that the people here can confirm that Pokemon is not the work of the devil.

My parents still judge me when ever they see me playing violent video games even though I am 24 now. And violent video games are not what make me mad, what would make me more mad is peoples opinion of me playing violent video games. And maybe that is the issue itself that people have with violent video games. So if I die a lot in a online FPS, I don't get mad, if some one comes in and tells me in person to stop playing violent video games because they are bad, is when I do get mad (but I don't resort to violence myself, I just get pissed is all)

Maybe I myself would be an irresponsible parent if I was a parent, but more importantly maybe I would have a while different outlook on things if I was a parent (since I know myself that I would make a terrible parent, and that is most likely why I will never be one).
Keep in mind that I'm not attacking the game or violent games in general.
And yeah, your outlook on things changes a lot after you become a parent.

Reactions: sk2k and PC-tan

Deleted member 113

A bit of a random "heads-up", but for those who own Truberbrook, there's a "Travel Guide" with information about the in-game locations and characters, available as a free DLC, that isn't listed on the game's store page.

I own the game since launch, and only recently did I become aware of it, while using Steam search:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So something that I learned today and would have been a big time saver (maybe the game did explain this but I just didn't pay enough attention to) is that in DQB2 there are these small island that you can travel to and get supplies from. Very early on it says that you can not save betwetten island, I didn't understand this at first but later on it sort of made more sense (it was talking about how you can't save in small island but only the big ones). I didn't understand why that was but not it makes way more sense.

So DQB2 has a contest system and it seems that you can have some of your creations features (it even shows stuff In the loading screens for the game, which does make me wonder how "slow" are the loading screens for the game on the PS4 and N/S version of the game since I feel like there is a lot of data to be loaded in, even though the game is small in file size, but I do recall that on the Vita DQB1 would grow in file size the further that you got in the game, and it would ballin like crazy). So it seems that in these small islands is where the contest winners stuff will appear, and because of that you can't just take the stuff from the contest winners house and take it back with you to your island.

What does this all mean? I have been trying to map all of the islands that I go to but the issue is that with the small island, my map data for that small island gets wiped out because of how the contest owner will change over time (and also the reason why you can't take stuff back from that house with you).

so between the last 2 days or so I have been trying to map these two small island only to realize that will not matter at all since that data will just get wiped and will be replaced with new data Everytime your return (which is why you can't save there) and thus me just wasting a few hours of my time on nothing. Maybe it's something like "your progress for this achievement will restart every time your quit the game".

well at least I know now.

SE could have improved the game in some regards (the while first and third person thing is really weird since it's not consistent, I normally just play in first person but have to switch to third person because of how hard it can be to place some block, but then when you switch to first person you seem to have magic arms that you reach 4 block away, when third person is limited to just one block away)

Status
Not open for further replies.