Community MetaSteam | January 2021 - It's Rare to See a Medium So Well-Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
So I started playing Alpha Protocol, our retro game of the month. Been on my backlog for ever, so I guess I should thank lash for giving me a good excuse to finally dust it off. :face-savouring-delicious-food:
I also started to download it, let's see how it is. Been in the backlog since 2011.

Finished Transistor earlier today, what a nice little game. It was too short however.

Reactions: Echoes and Mivey

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I must be grumpier than usual this morning. I just refunded Cloudpunk because the dialog was terrible and I was telling the game to STFU after a couple of missions." Pity, the premise was interesting and I like delivery type games.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Hah. I was also planning on playing Alpha Protocol soon (for the next backlog blitz). Like others, it has been in my backlog for almost a decade now!

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Crash 4 on PC this year~
Also Tony Hawk Arithmetic
First one? probably
Second one? not so sure it will be released on Steam but we will see, hopefully it will for some of you :cat-heart-blob:

• Eyes
Reactions: ISee and Tizoc
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So I started playing Alpha Protocol, our retro game of the month. Been on my backlog for ever, so I guess I should thank lash for giving me a good excuse to finally dust it off. :face-savouring-delicious-food:
I also started to download it, let's see how it is. Been in the backlog since 2011.
Hah. I was also planning on playing Alpha Protocol soon (for the next backlog blitz). Like others, it has been in my backlog for almost a decade now!
you're welcome ;)

and in other news - Phawx has done it again! :)

:blobeyes:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Yeah I think so too. I don't get the same feeling of accomplishment that some people seem to get with that aspect of Souls-ish games. Challenge is one thing, but being stuck for three days because I'm just trying to get this damn charm is something else. When it's over with I don't feel triumph, I feel like never seeing that part again. I feel thrilled, like the clouds had lifted and they gave my game back. I'm not asking for Meat Boy-like instant restart here, but don't make me fight for 5 minutes just to arrive half dead. It's like the devs wanted to shorten my actual life with stress.

To be fair though, HK always lets you go do something else for a bit, or it turns out you were missing a charm combo strategy that makes it much easier. I'm bitching here but it's in my top 5 of all time. It was the game that made Super Metroid, old as it is, to finally feel obsolete.
Exactly! Tedium transforms what should have been the joyful, glorious feeling after a victory into a "thank fuck, I'm never doing that again" and returning to the delight of world exploration. I think it transforms boss fights into chores instead of things to relish in how awesome they are. I think there's a fair bit of psychological unhealthiness to the whole feelings that some some people get from having proven their worth according to a game's arbitrary rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildebeet
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Cant wait for the battery test results especially for emulation-use only. The stick placement is unfortunate though.
yeah .... sadly

but they had to do it ... the first versions of Win3 actually had the right stick in the correct place ... but it was really hard to use the keyboard that way, so they had to move it :negative-blob:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I also have some duplicates. Does anyone want Shining Resonance Refrain (a surprisingly decent action JRPG, as long as you don't mind it being really anime), Indivisible, or any of the 2 Zwei games, that is either Zwei or Zwei 2?
(striked out are gone)
I wouldn't mind the first Zwei game if no one else has claimed it. :blobmorning2:

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I also have some duplicates. Does anyone want Shining Resonance Refrain (a surprisingly decent action JRPG, as long as you don't mind it being really anime), Indivisible, or any of the 2 Zwei games, that is either Zwei or Zwei 2?
(striked out are gone)
Sure, I'd love Zwei 2

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Computer says I own Alpha Protocol.
I have no memory of ever buying it. 30. November 2011, must have been a sale?
Other people are sleep walking an I am sleep buying on Steam? 👀
now play it! :)

Reactions: ISee

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Computer says I own Alpha Protocol.
I have no memory of ever buying it. 30. November 2011, must have been a sale?
Other people are sleep walking an I am sleep buying on Steam? 👀

Probably the Squeenix 30€ package that went around half a year ago :).

Reactions: ISee

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Serious Sam 3 b10

it started out OK but then it become the same ol' Serious Sam...except the setting is ugly.

Stick to SS1 being first and 2nd encounters if you want to know what Serious Sam gameplay be like. Or consider SS4 if you want SS with a more modern flair to it.

Next up is the DLC, a fanmod then that's it for the SS Fusion compatible SS games. phew.....

Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Damn, I don't have Alpha Protocol. Now I can't play the game I wouldn't have played anyway.

I should probably start accepting that my GPU is lost :( Friend did start inquiry with USPS but still no answers and when they answer it will probably be some COVID answer or just say that package is lost.
If you mean USPS like from the US - mail here is completely borked everywhere now even domestically. I've got stuff I ordered first week of Dec that is apparently not even scanned anywhere. Some envelope mail from three weeks ago just showed up yesterday.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Damn, I don't have Alpha Protocol. Now I can't play the game I wouldn't have played anyway.

If you mean USPS like from the US - mail here is completely borked everywhere now even domestically. I've got stuff I ordered first week of Dec that is apparently not even scanned anywhere. Some envelope mail from three weeks ago just showed up yesterday.
My package was sent 21st November and left US on 6th December. Then last update was that it left Frankfurt on December 10th. Since then there were no updates on USPS site or on my local post tracking site (sometimes there are no updates on foreign tracking site but if package entered my country it shows up on local post tracking site). And not arriving for a month after leaving Frankfurt is unusual.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
My package was sent 21st November and left US on 6th December. Then last update was that it left Frankfurt on December 10th. Since then there were no updates on USPS site or on my local post tracking site (sometimes there are no updates on foreign tracking site but if package entered my country it shows up on local post tracking site). And not arriving for a month after leaving Frankfurt is unusual.
Ah ok so it left the US at least. I hope it didn't somehow get sent back to US or your GPU is going to be old tech by the time you get it.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Ah ok so it left the US at least. I hope it didn't somehow get sent back to US or your GPU is going to be old tech by the time you get it.
I doubt, it should have went to Vienna after Frankfurt and it entered that pre-Christmas period chaos so who knows where it ended up.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Sent out both, now there's just SRR left.
Shining Resonance Refrain has been on my wishlist forever, but I have never pulled the trigger. I'd take it if no one else was interested.
Can't promise I'd play it right away though, what with my work deciding that now is a great time to make everyone stop working from home :fearful-face:

Status
Not open for further replies.