Community MetaSteam | January 2021 - It's Rare to See a Medium So Well-Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Shining Resonance Refrain has been on my wishlist forever, but I have never pulled the trigger. I'd take it if no one else was interested.
Can't promise I'd play it right away though, what with my work deciding that now is a great time to make everyone stop working from home :fearful-face:
No problem, I really can't complain about that, I have received some gifts off my wishlist I still haven't played years later. I know how it is ;)

Reactions: QFNS and TheTrain

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
The good (old) days of Humble Weekly.

:question:

Last edited:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Watched the 3 John Wick films in the last few days. Was stupid fun. Although the first 2/3 of the third film was a bit of a letdown, the in-universe happenings getting more and more absurd.

But when McShane asked "what do you need" and Keanu answered "Guns, lots of guns" it redeemed itself. (he said the thing!!!)

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
What the fuck America.

These MAGA yucks are literally attempting a coup.
"The scaremongering and doomposting is awful. We live in a democracy! There is no way that there are armed uprisings or a civil war."

Democracy means jack shit if you sit on your arse and believe the problem will magically solve itself because DEMOCRACY!

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
"The scaremongering and doomposting is awful. We live in a democracy! There is no way that there are armed uprisings or a civil war."

Democracy means jack shit if you sit on your arse and believe the problem will magically solve itself because DEMOCRACY!
Democracy only works if your people are educated and capable of electing the right individuals.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Democracy only works if your people are educated and capable of electing the right individuals.
only in part. Democracy only works if you defend the values and institutions that define your democracy. If one sits only on his arse believing non-questioningly the pillars of support are infallible and not eroded, this will happen.

fearthedawn

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
only in part. Democracy only works if you defend the values and institutions that define your democracy. If one sits only on his arse believing non-questioningly the pillars of support are infallible and not eroded, this will happen.
I see it like exercising to keep your body healthy, if a democracy doesn't regularly fight for its health it gets sicker and sicker over time.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
If it were that simple, we'd have a small council of capable educated people choose the leaders and skip the election. I suspect they'd choose themselves.

Last edited:

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Got my new robo white xbox controller today. Works great. No more shorted out controller held together with a rubber band that randomly leaves Zagreus standing around looking at his shoes during a fight if I move my right arm up too much. Edit: actually does he wear shoes?

Reason: shoes

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I finished The Evil Within 2.

Much funner gameplay than the first game, but I found it a lot less scary.
Preferred the story of the first game too overall, although it wasn't bad here.

Gameplay: TEW2 > TEW1
Story/Atmoshpere/Horror: TEW1 > TEW2

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
never coming to steam, though ... if you believe the devs
I don't. I think they'll want to get paid more than once. Even if they were serious though, they'd at least put it on itch and that's fine with me.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I don't. I think they'll want to get paid more than once. Even if they were serious though, they'd at least put it on itch and that's fine with me.
well they did specifically say they have permanent exclusivity in their contract with epic ...

which is probably bullshit ... but they did say that ...

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Annnnd I dropped another game: Touhou Luna Nights.
One issue; the sound mixing is AWFUL, the game CONSTANTLY screams in your ears about all three meters being full, music is the only thing that can be lowered, even the bloody Windows mixer doesn't stay where it should be. Game is way, way too loud and it's really annoying to get beep boops and unintelligible voice lines in the middle of the great soundtrack.
And I don't care about Touhou, at all.

But that's not why I dropped it, it's the main mechanic that I don't like: the time stop. Oh, it works. makes the combat certainly a hell of a lot easier than it should be, since almost everything stops, including bosses (outside of some platforms and stuff)... but you can do without I suppose.
But it's just... boring? Symphony of the Night did it long before that and... it's just here to stop some traps, activate some time platforms or run fast enough. it's insanely basic, and not particularly fun.
The rest is mostly dodging stuff at the last moment to regenerate your MP/HP... again, it's ok but... extremely basic and slows down encounters quite a lot, as you need to do it, you can't go knives blazing (except with items, which, again trivialize the game - balance it is not).

Level design is just mediocre. It's made of horizontal levels with virtually no shortcuts, so... it works, but isn't great or really justified.

I enjoyed the other games of Team Ladybug, but it's just more of the same simplistic linear levels, and extra annoyance in combat.
It's a very competent game it's just... kinda boring and super samey.
And now, I'm not sure I want to even try Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth, Team Ladybug feels like the Ubisoft of the indie Metroidvania, copy/pasted games with shiny (pixel) visuals... but much shorter I guess, they barely last for any amount of time with how linear they are. And always the same technical issues from the fucking 1990's.

Reactions: Swenhir

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 19, 2018
Ibis Island
Have really been wanting to hook up my PC to my TV and start playing some more PC fare with my controller, but I don't wanna lose out on my desktop functionality and streaming won't exactly work lol..

• Sad
Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Have really been wanting to hook up my PC to my TV and start playing some more PC fare with my controller, but I don't wanna lose out on my desktop functionality and streaming won't exactly work lol..
i guess you gotta find a REALLY long HDMI cable then :p

• Toucan
Reactions: Jawmuncher

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Matsuno’s involvement in Unsung Story.

When we took on the project, one of the big things we wanted to do was bring the spirit of Matsuno’s original design to life. Many of you may have seen his recent Twitter thread that went up after the game was released on Early Access. After seeing the series of tweets, I immediately reached out to Matsuno for clarification.

Here are the important points he and I agreed on:

• Matsuno produced seven sizable documents for Playdek that detailed high level game concepts, narrative timelines, story beats, prominent characters, screen layouts, combat mechanics, and other game design elements. All of these were used during the production of the game.
  • Matsuno has not been involved day-to-day with my team - just myself during 2018 both in person and over email as we clarified his work and attempted to solve some missing pieces.
  • We had hoped that 'from the imagination of' would characterize his involvement, but without the day-to-day control over the final product, he feels uncomfortable with his name being used so prominently in connection with the game.
  • Moving forward, based on his feelings and feedback from players, we are going to remove his name from our marketing. Those changes have already been made on Steam, YouTube, our website, and other places.
  • We agreed that absolutely nothing is changing with the game itself. Matsuno will still be credited for his various contributions, and the game is moving forward exactly as planned. This is purely a change for marketing.
Our intention was not to mislead anyone or unduly capitalize on his name, and I apologize if that occurred. Hopefully, this decision makes sense to all the backers and they don’t feel like they are losing anything.
Lol.

• Toucan

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 19, 2018
Ibis Island
There's just a lot of things I've been debating about with my PC and its set-up. For what I need of it, the power is still more than enough even if it's showing its age. Could probably do with being in a different case but I'm mad lazy about building my own stuff lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.