Community MetaSteam | January 2021 - It's Rare to See a Medium So Well-Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I can't wait until Jan 20th. Literally nothing in my life will change but at least my mind won't need to worry that the US president is actively trying to burn the country down anymore.

Thankfully, Ori and the Will of the Wisps is so pretty it's almost possible to forget about the news. Honestly, this game is beautiful. Truly stunning artwork in this game. Everyone should see and play this. Its amazing.
Yeah after 20th only 3rd world countries will need to worry XD

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
A new PC gaming store will launch soon: - F*** Cancer While Playing Games - Futuristicon Gaming Store

This one seems to have good intentions though since it offers to help scientists in finding solutions for cancer and other diseases:

By using our gaming store, your PC automatically crunches numbers for scientists who work on finding solutions to cancer, heart diseases, world hunger and other important issues.

Don’t worry, you don’t have to do a thing (we just need you to play as you usually do, using our game store). We promise there are no boring puzzle games involved.

So, if you are interested in living long enough to see Elder Scrolls 15, Mass Effect 20 or whatever your favorite game is, join us today.
Every 17 hours of using our store saves roughly one life!

Nerd info: Our platform uses BOINC network optimized for gaming experience.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Another to the pile of games I stopped: Monster Sanctuary.
Not because it sucks though, monster collecting is not really my thing anymore :tightly-closed-eyes:

Interesting Pokémon aspect, FAR deeper than the original, 3vs3 is uncommon, but why not.
Every monster has tons of skills and passives that you can choose and upgrade, plenty of them combine (like say, a passive for an increased regen buff on one monster working with another one that can actually cast it reliably, and the last that will increase the stats of the whole group while buffed, etc etc), there's a pretty hefty gear system with various effects (more or less unique - maybe focusing a bit more on rare and interesting stuff instead of so many chests to find would have been better) and materials to find and grind to upgrade them.
It's quite well done and on the complex side of the genre, it does make monsters feel a bit more unique than usual, despite a relatively limited move pool, as they definitely have certain archetypes that you can choose to build upon.

And in the same way, monsters also give you skills for the metroidvania part of the game, with tons of stuff to find everywhere, on top of the more common unlockables like double jump. Tons of monster skills do the same thing though, but that's maybe not a problem since getting monsters is no guarantee, you need to do good in combat to get monster eggs... being stuck out of some parts by poor RNG wouldn't be fun.
It's not very complex, but serviceable, and the level design does loop around itself, slowly opening with new abilities. better than some definitely.

It might not really be my thing, but it's quite good, and shows a good grasp of both pokémon-likes and metroidvanias, both with a decent twist and competently made.
Now it's not very pretty, monster designs mostly fall flat, movement is a bit jank, and the writing is stiff, but eh. Nice game.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
A new PC gaming store will launch soon: - F*** Cancer While Playing Games - Futuristicon Gaming Store

This one seems to have good intentions though since it offers to help scientists in finding solutions for cancer and other diseases:
Interesting, and at least different than the usual "try to get our own slice of the pie" thing so many companies cough Ubi cough are doing. I suspect it'd be better to just run the computing program stand alone and stick with Steam but maybe

Reactions: lashman

ZKenir

MetaMember
May 10, 2019
Guess I'll have to add another Featured Games slot to have Utawarerumono don't want to remove IkaBey, I'll also add stuff like MuvLuV TDA and Majikoi

Reactions: PC-tan and Cacher

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Guess I'll have to add another Featured Games slot to have stuff like MuvLuV TDA, Utawarerumono and Majikoi, don't want to remove IkaBey

You're already missing a bunch of light Steam titles.

ZKenir

MetaMember
May 10, 2019
the silverio trinity stuff? I know it's there but it's JP only unless there're patches?

ZKenir

MetaMember
May 10, 2019
I thought you were/knew JP
lol I don't know a lick of JP, I only know 日 and 月 because I set my bday date on FGO JP, I wasn't even planning on playing that version before they released a servant I wanted to play with so here I am now...

I might actually look into learning it if someone doesn't localize Tsukihime + Fate/Extra remake, last time my interest vaporized becase everything I wanted was coming west anyway lol

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
God of War on PC

Bloodborne on PC

Exact opposite for me. I adore the design philosophy of From Soft but their games have not really captured me.
God of War Reboot would be a dream come true on PC.

I imagine Bloodborne PC will be released earlier than God of War given that Queen has talked about it a lot.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Yeah fuck Dad of War, very boring game.

Ghost of Tsushima however
According to Queen the latter has been nearly done on PC for a while.
I don't know why but this one is very hard for me to believe. It's fresh on console, a PC version being in the "final stages" as of August would suggest the PC version has been developped alongside.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Exact opposite for me. I adore the design philosophy of From Soft but their games have not really captured me.
God of War Reboot would be a dream come true on PC.

I imagine Bloodborne PC will be released earlier than God of War given that Queen has talked about it a lot.
It was just too boring, slow and repetitive. Seeing it in higher frames and FOV would be fun for 30 min or so. But outside of that I have no desire to replay it at all. They've got a lot of work to do to make me care about the sequel.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I received this email five hours ago. Nothing serious a priori.

Vulnerability Disclosure
Hello,

I'm writing you to disclose a Steam login vulnerability on our website that we have been notified about and already fixed.

The vulnerability allowed attacker to spoof login via Steam and access any account that was using Steam Single Sign-on on IsThereAnyDeal.
Attacker could be able to access only your ITAD account, your Steam account is safe!

We have no evidence that any of your accounts were accessed this way, we believe only admin accounts were targeted.

Although the issue is fixed, if you would like to switch from Steam Single Sign-On to email and password login, you can do that at any time in your settings:
https://isthereanydeal.com/settings/account/

I am very sorry about this and we will do everything in our power to prevent any other future vulnerability.

Best regards,
Tomas

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
According to Queen the latter has been nearly done on PC for a while.
I don't know why but this one is very hard for me to believe. It's fresh on console, a PC version being in the "final stages" as of August would suggest the PC version has been developped alongside.
Well, who knows. I trust Queen, and things will happen when they have to, but I'm also not in any rush to play any Sony games on PC. Every single one of them has been a disappointment to me. Ghost of Tsushima might be the first one I actually like and even then it is just another Ubisoft style game with imperialist, samurai aesthetics.

It was just too boring, slow and repetitive. Seeing it in higher frames and FOV would be fun for 30 min or so. But outside of that I have no desire to replay it at all. They've got a lot of work to do to make me care about the sequel.
It is a visually stunning game, that's for sure. But even Yakuza has better combat than Dad of war.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
That's a weird and all the sudden article, isn't it? like, I can't imagine them like "hey, let's talk about this at random" PCGamer, you know xD

(my own biases with PCGamer, sorry)
It does feel random yeah.
And the question is....why don't they go out there and actually find out. They must have sources as well.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
It does feel random yeah.
And the question is....why don't they go out there and actually find out. They must have sources as well.
Because.... ugh.... they don't really do that anymore unfortunately, I haven't seen any worthy content from them for a long time, lately it has been a lot of clickbait and platform warring which is absolutely tiring.. U_U

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I wonder how much longer FROM will stay quiet on Elden Ring. They know its the most anticipated game now that Cyberpunk is out and it will sell so much.

I wish they would just do what Valve did with Alyx...

Tweet a trailer out of nowhere ------------> Release that shit 3 months later lol.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I think Ghosts would be a fun game to play, but I have to admit that GoW's story and cinematography have me much more excited to play it. And that soundtrack!

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Did you know that in Japan Geforce Now cost ¥1980 JPN Yen (when you include taxes) while it only cost $4.99USD in Murica.

Also since it's a Virtual machine you have to buy your own games.

Gamepass seems like a much better offer over there.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
That article only exists so that PC Gamer comes up in the results when people google "Is God of War coming to PC?"

I mean, why else write such a pointless "Is thing happening? We don't know!" article. It's just shameless clickbait to capitalize on a rumor they have nothing to add to.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Whew, finally done. The DLC is vastly more difficult than the base game, so I needed to check guides for some of the solutions and collectible locations. Overall fantastic game even though the DLC has a few polishing issues.

Can't wait for the next game.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Just as a reminder. You have 8 hours to get this deal if you are an XP member

This is the cheapest that this offer will be. You will also get Pre-order DLC and early purchase DLC. Did KT ever let you buy the Summer DLC for the first game? Or is that DLC moddable into the game?
-----

By the way the Ultimate Edition cost $103.99 but with the 15% off offer it's just $88.39 and you get all of those skins and season pass stuff.

My Wallet!!!!

Also they have Nioh 2 on discount as well but that deal doesn't seem to be ending soon.
------

Also it seems that a certain H game is releasing on Steam. I'm guessing that that one Japanese Eroge company more or less plans to just do that going forward. Also I'm guessing that they just ended up cancelling that one game that they were going to release during the summer 2 years ago.

Last edited:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Dad of War was much like TLOU for me; fine.
God knows I don't understand the hype.
My thoughts as well. It's a beautiful game, but the gameplay is extremely limited and repetitive compared to the other GoW games. You're fighting the same enemies over and over again and the impressive set pieces and boss fights are missing completely. It's not a BAD game of course, but not remarkably good either.

I liked TLOU tho; I really enjoyed the stealth gameplay. But despite owning a PS4, I never bothered to buy TLOU2. I will if it ever comes to pc.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

mssq

lurker
Apr 22, 2019
Whew, finally done. The DLC is vastly more difficult than the base game, so I needed to check guides for some of the solutions and collectible locations. Overall fantastic game even though the DLC has a few polishing issues.

Can't wait for the next game.
This reminds me I never got all the achievements for the DLC. I should fix it this weekend.

• Hug
Reactions: lashman and Cacher

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I enjoyed "Boy!" Simulator quite a bit. Different strokes for different folks.

Still looking for Bloodborne PC more though.

Reactions: xinek

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I promise to slow down seriously on this OT from hell about phones, people. But my meeting is later today and I have no idea what to buy.

I don't have money, so yeah, there is that. Let's say that I could conjure up 150 euros (unwise). Add to that 24*8 euros on the phone bill, which is 192 euros. So yeah a 300 phone or so.

I want...
The best display I can get, because one of the use case is streaming be it with xcloud or steam itself
Consequently, I need it to be able to stream in very good conditions (but isn't that something that is not perf heavy ?)
All the day to day shit performed the best it can too, duh. If my mail is slow down land I will not be happy

I doesn't really need...
The best native game perf (phone games are not my thing and most of them are not that demanding anyway, I don't plan to play Fortnite or other heavy shit on it)

Until recently I was set on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro
But it's IPS and not OLED
I regularly see bad reviews about their software, but good luck trying to find out if there really is an issue in those days where sinophobia is common

edit
Super happy times when I thought I could get a galaxy S20 FE for cheap until I saw the website had 'forgotten' me and was offering some crazy deal (with a delirious increase in monthly bill though).

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
does one need to have played Ori/Blind Forest first to enjoy it?
Both are great games. They look stunning. Very well made.

I struggled a bit with the difficulty of Blind Forest in parts. Just the timing of the jumps etc (getting old and slow). Ive started Wisps and it looks just as good as the first. They aren't massively long games if you go through the main paths - 8-10hrs ish. I'd say def worth playing Blind Forest if you get the chance as its great.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Ok, the Samsung Galaxy A42 5G looks very solid overall.
But 188 euros :X
Or an increase of 30 euros in my monthly phone bill which makes the phones 60
Dayum.

A far cry from the 38 euros of the Redmi Note 9 Pro.

Reactions: Tizoc

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Again, not a peep about that topic after today (or very occasionally), you just help me organize my thoughts

Xiami Redmi Note 9 Pro [Size 6.67"] [Autonomy 22.35] [Charge 1h05] [Amazon 239.84] [Phone provider 37.90]
Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G [Size 6.57"] [Autonomy 20.06] [Charge 1h26] [Amazon 376.31] [Phone provider T version 137]
Samsung Galaxy A51 [Size 6.6"] [Autonomy 14.44] [Charge 1h30] [Fnac 379] [Phone provider 107.90]
Samsung Galaxy A51 5G [Size 6.5"] [Autonomy 17] [Charge 1h24] [Fnac 479] [Phone provider - ]
Google Pixel 4a 5G [Size 6.2"] [Autonomy 18] [Charge 1h24] [Fnac 499] [Phone provider 4G version 157]
Samsung Galaxy A42 5G [Size 6.6"] [Autonomy 25.49] [Charge 2h08] [Amazon 399] [Phone provider 187.90]
Samsung Galaxy M51 [Size 6.7"] [Autonomy 27.46] [Charge 1h51] [Amazon 399] [Phone provider - ]

Status
Not open for further replies.