Community MetaSteam | January 2021 - It's Rare to See a Medium So Well-Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Why would anyone want to play a MGS without Kojima's input.

Plus, I'm sure Kojima is fucking sick of working in MGS. Dude has been wanting to do something else since 2. Just think about all the cool project he might have had that got canned because MGS.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I give up on FFXIII-2, it crashes constantly.
Do you have RTSS?
I'm not sure, but I think I had problems using the FFXIII fix mod together with RTSS (or even problems with RTSS in general with the FFXIII games), I had to set the application detection level on RTSS to none for ffxiiiimg.exe (ff13) and ffxiii2img.exe (ff13-2).

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Do you have RTSS?
I'm not sure, but I think I had problems using the FFXIII fix mod together with RTSS (or even problems with RTSS in general with the FFXIII games), I had to set the application detection level on RTSS to none for ffxiiiimg.exe (ff13) and ffxiii2img.exe (ff13-2).
I don't think so but I'll have to check.

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
So I went into the Steam Beta for the Series X because I remember reading that it finally supports the screenshot button. Now that I played a little bit Yakuza 7 and hammered on the screenshot button but no picture was taken. Is there something else I need to do other than activating the extended support for Xbox controllers? Using it makes the Series X controller show up in the controller configuration but I can't bind the screenshot button.
The Steam Beta supports being able to relink the sccreenshot button, while before it was unusuable. So now you can relink that button to whatever button you have to take screenshots in Steam.

Reactions: lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
From SonyERA:

• Silent Hills is PS excusive, AAA, made by Sony Japan Studio
  • FF7R PS5 and PC announcement this year, maybe march
  • Bluepoint acquired by Sony, remaking multiple MGS games
  • Life is Strange 3 announcement this year
Is that another forum like XboxERA?

Reactions: QFNS

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Do you have RTSS?
Managed to fix it by following this guide Steam Community :: Guide :: Fixing and enhancing Final Fantasy XIII-2
To fix the crashes you need to disable cloud saves and run the exe through a program that forces it to use 4gb instead of assuming your machine only has 2.
How does a game get released in this sorry state and how do they get away with never fixing this shit?!

Reactions: Deku and ezodagrom

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
It's just what I call the Playstation studios thread on ERA. I check it once or twice a week.
Ah sorry, thought it was another community, my bad :cat-heart-blob:

Hitman III
– January 2021
[*]Returnal – March 19, 2021
[*]Kena: Bridge of Spirits – March 2021
[*]Solar Ash – June 2021
[*]Little Devil Inside – July 2021
[*]Ghostwire: Tokyo – October 2021
[*]Stray – October 2021
[*]Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart – 2021
[*]Horizon Forbidden West – 2021
[*]Project Athia – January 2022
[*]Pragmata – 2023
[*]

Last edited:
  • Toucan
Reactions: ISee and Ge0force

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
:eggP: :frogChamp:
:jayLUL: :luck:

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
From SonyERA:

• Silent Hills is PS excusive, AAA, made by Sony Japan Studio
  • FF7R PS5 and PC announcement this year, maybe march
  • Bluepoint acquired by Sony, remaking multiple MGS games
  • Life is Strange 3 announcement this year
Oof how big is Bluepoint? would hate to be bought and then told to remake each mgs game over 10 years.

Silent hill and ff7R is not in the least bit surprising and is something anyone would guess if they followed gaming news at all.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Thanks to gamepass I've convinced a friend of mine to try Sea Of Thieves together and my god is so fun and hilarious.
We were attacked by another crew of two (one of them was "captain fart") who crashed into our ship from nowhere, jumped inside with an explosive barrel and blow himself up. The guys also had open mic and I've heard their excitement and hilarity during everything. I wasn't even mad to lose some cargo, that shit was so fun

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
My GOTY 2014 List
EGS early access edition

1. Factorio
Weird year this 2020 thing was. I actually didn't play much new over the year. So my top choice is a game I originally bought directly from the devs during the alpha at their website for 10 euros in 2014 via paypal. I've been playing it so long I'm surprised that I can finally call it a fully released game. In 2020, somehow, though it was amazing on day one. It totally deserves the number one spot and I intend to vote for it next year as well.

2. Kentucky Route Zero
Likewise with KR0, I've been playing that one for just about as long as Factorio. Or rather, waiting endlessly after the 2nd or 3rd installment for the whole thing to finish up. It was released in 2013, so naturally, I can choose this one for 2020 GOTY. It's only right.

3. Hades
Hades was a surprise to me, but I do enjoy the Supergiant thing and this has been no exception. Technically a 2019 game but now that it is on more respectable storefronts and out of early access, that's my number 3. I'm a popular guy in hell, handing out mead like I do. Interestingly I also hand out mead in non-hell real world but to much less effect. Not one real world keepsake in exchange has provided even the slightest power augmentation, so don't believe the hype.

4. Kingdom Rush Vengeance
Kingdom Rush is a series I've enjoyed ever since it showed up on Steam (never played the mobile versions). It's the exact same formula as always since I bought the first in 2014, but different towers and some relatively minor twists. That bland review is enough to win the number 4 spot on my list. I'd hate for anybody to think I've run out of gas so soon on my GOTY list. :sweaty-blob:

5. Wonderful 101
W101 is another old game that somehow became eligible for 2020 GOTY, despite being released in 2013. I'm glad to see it finally get off the Wii U so it can bomb on Steam as well. Kickstarter was cool though in 2013. Why not. Anything goes now.

Early Access GOTY:
Space Haven
If Spacebase DF9 (from ... oh 2013!) wasn't being made by a guy on his unpaid lunch break at Doublefine, this is something like what it would have been. Probably GOTY 2028 for me at this rate.

I don't have anything to say about the other categories.

ok now I need to actually submit the form...

Last edited:

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I mentioned it in another post, but I joined here just before Covid really hit and only posted a bit before everything went a mess. I was swamped for months, technically I am still busy, but things are now looking more or less normal despite how abnormal it has all been.

Highly recommend Omori, first game I beat this year.

The game is dripping with style and has a pretty interesting story. Had a few minor compliants with the gameplay and some of the flow. Would love to have a means of speeding up some parts so I could replay it someday.

With just that game, I am already well on my way to completing more games this year haha. I think I only played, let alone completed, a few games last year. Though I still purchased way too many... 😣

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
So I went into the Steam Beta for the Series X because I remember reading that it finally supports the screenshot button. Now that I played a little bit Yakuza 7 and hammered on the screenshot button but no picture was taken. Is there something else I need to do other than activating the extended support for Xbox controllers? Using it makes the Series X controller show up in the controller configuration but I can't bind the screenshot button.
You need install the extended driver from steam, check controller config
Settings -> Controller -> General Controller Settings -> you need to check Xbox Configuration Support and then a new option -> Xbox Extended Feature Support

• This!
Reactions: didamangi

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

This is just a bad take.

I can see where he is coming from but yeah that's pretty bad. Now if I had not read either article I would potentially think the same thing.

Both talking about why more people don't "such and such" and I guess that peoples answers to both is "money".

With the diamond one I could not read the whole article since I think it's behind a pay wall to read all of it.

Think about it, people seem to make fun of the idea of not having money to buy one (fair enough) but those people don't seem to mention the cruelty that comes with diamonds (blood diamonds) so if people could get diamonds for dirt cheap and it just came at exploiting cheap labor in some developing country people wouldn't care and the thing is that's exactly what happens with clothes and pretty much everything else. People don't care, it's one of the reason why stuff gets outsourced to other countries because people don't care as long as they can get it for cheap, but there is a reason that it's cheap to begin with.

Now moving on to the game part, one of the main take aways that I see from reading the article is that is talks about, why do people just see ALYX is only "just a VR game", it's just as much of a "game" as something like The Last of US part 2 is a game or as much of a game as is Call of Duty, Mario, or Danganronpa.

From the escapists article

"However, none of this is worth very much if Half-Life: Alyx is recognized only for its qualities as a VR game. By failing to acknowledge that Alyx can go toe to toe with non-VR titles, the industry is undermining Alyx’s potential. It’s hindering the exact thing that it was hoping Alyx would achieve – the move of VR games from the VR space into the mainstream. Indeed, given the tiny install base for VR, it is much easier to dismiss Alyx as “just another VR game” than it is to dismiss something like The Last of Us Part II as “just another action adventure game.”"

That's the sad part to it all. People just dismiss the article because they only think about the price. So they likely are not even reading the article.

I especially think it's a shame since the dude is a game dev, and what game did he make again? Oh right some little game called 10 second Ninja X. Does anyone remember that game no? Sorry for being like that.

Even some of the people in the comments have pointed out how good of a game it is.

Mitch Dyer even weighed in and talked about how the game won multiple awards. Which is a counter argument to the article that it did not get much recognition.

Gamespot even called it their game of the year and people were against it saying how game of the year should be something more accessible to people or something like that.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hey, insomnia ! Let's take this opportunity to make this run of Hades that should unlock the epilogue.
Do the run. Nothing.

Ok, no big deal, let's check on the requirements on the Internet.
Mother of God :sweaty-blob:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Hey, insomnia ! Let's take this opportunity to make this run of Hades that should unlock the epilogue.
Do the run. Nothing.

Ok, no big deal, let's check on the requirements on the Internet.
Mother of God :sweaty-blob:
Yeah I looked this up as well and uh.... decided I was good not doing it.

If you got credits you played it enough to put it down IMO. If you wanted to play beyond the credits for the cool stuff there, that's totally fine, but IMO is above and beyond. The epilogue is for completionist people with LOTS of free time.

Reactions: Li Kao

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
It is not the price, it is the setup.

You need the VR set, the computer to make it work properly, the game, and most importantly, the physical space to accommodate all that. VR, right now, is the epitome of gaming privilege.
Your right and a lot of people do agree with this. For a vast majority this is where "their take" ends.

Like Dave said screw the mainstream people liked the game and that's what really matters at the end of the day.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Reactions: Alexandros

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Managed to fix it by following this guide Steam Community :: Guide :: Fixing and enhancing Final Fantasy XIII-2
To fix the crashes you need to disable cloud saves and run the exe through a program that forces it to use 4gb instead of assuming your machine only has 2.
How does a game get released in this sorry state and how do they get away with never fixing this shit?!
Oh, that's right. I totally forgot about the saving issue.
I played the game for 2 hours without any issues, but at some point the game started to crash when saving. It was very frustrating to lose progress when saving progress :(
I did some research, and as you said. One was to disable the cloud save, but then for some reason I lost all my progress. It seems that the game doesn't want to load existing save files. I didn't want to start over. The other solution was to force it to use 4gb ram instead of 2gb with a tool. So I used this method and after that the game worked like a charm. No crashes anymore

Reactions: Dragon1893

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Paging people for the GOTY vote (11 days left): uraizen, Bonfires Down, Exzyleph, Monooboe, FunktionJCB, Tizoc, Knurek, Durante, Nabs, Smash, MonthOLDpickle, Echo, SpectrumWarrior, DeejayDoom, Hektor, low-G, zkylon, Kyougar, Eriugam, Rockin' Ranger, lashman, suiko, Ascheroth, NeuralProxy, Gevin, sauce, #Senpai, Wildebeet, Wibblewozzer, Kvik, kafiend, daxy, Big McLargehuge, sprinkles, KainXVIII, Nzyme, xxr, Kuro, oipic, prudis, TioChuck, itsamiracle, lazerfox, His Majesty, Milena, Tart Toter 9k, Ge0force, PC-tan, Blizniak, d00d3n, Lain, Taborcarn, Theswweet, FunnyJay, BlackRainbowFT, Dandy, xinek, BO7AMMOOD, kio, yuraya, Flips, m_dorian, Kandrick, Derrick01

:pug:
:pugHI:

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Why would Sony buy Blupoint to remake Konami IPs?
Well, Konami IPs, especially MGS were a huge part of Playstation 3's identity back then. They're the kind of games that will massively increase's Sony's value proposition as the platform to play great AAA exclusives. Exclusives are their main offerings as a brand.

Reactions: Tomasety

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Why would Sony buy Blupoint to remake Konami IPs?
They buy Bluepoint to add it to their 1P reel teams, not to remake exclusively Konami IPs, lol

It's not the only thing they would do although I'm not entirely sure about this acquisition, we will see, Sony is not my comfort zone to talk.

Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
The Steam Beta supports being able to relink the sccreenshot button, while before it was unusuable. So now you can relink that button to whatever button you have to take screenshots in Steam.
But I can’t do that in the controller configuration. There is no action I can bind to the screenshot button because the button is not bindable for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.