Community MetaSteam | January 2021 - It's Rare to See a Medium So Well-Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
According to Imran (Kinda Funny) and Queenie here, it will happen this year.
Imran usually confuses me, he also teased BB alongside the EG fella (and a PC editor on GameIndustry maybe?) so, sometimes I don't know if he's just following the rest of people or if he's really teasing.

TBH, I do believe P5R will come sooner rather than later, in fact this year we could have up to 3 Atlus games on Steam (Scramble already on Steam, SMT3 has Steam code inside and P5R is no brainer) hopefully we will also get 13 sentinels because I would fucking sacrifice everything for that one.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Kvik said:
I must warn you, the plot is anime as fuck. :dana_blanket:
You were not mistaken.
The movie is terrible :oops:

It's nice to look at and impressively made, but everything else was incredibly stupid. Even the Archer Enterprise Series did the whole Time War thing more logical and better than Tenet and that whole plot was stupid to begin with. Tenet is under developed, under explained, full of story Paradoxa, the explanations that are given are dump af.

The movies told me that reversed Entropy = Time Travel. Because Entropy is a measurement for disorder and while that is true in some sense, it is a thermodynamic description to showcase the direction of processes and the loss of energy available to do work (yeah, I'm taking shortcuts here!).

The total entropy of a (closed) system is either staying constant or it increases, it never decreases. But that is only true for total Entropy. It is possible for the Entropy of one part of a System to decrease, as long as: ΔS total = ΔS system + ΔS environment > 0.

Therefore ΔS system can be negative as long as ΔS environment is positive (and greater)

It is possible for a System to decrease Entropy if Energy is being transferred. You are probably doing it right now in your fridge. You are moving entropy from inside the fridge to the outside (universe). Does this mean the ham in your fridge is traveling back in time? Obviously no.

But, and I really have to point this out because the movies does this wrong too, Entropy =|= Energy.

And so, instead of enjoying the movie, my brain was constantly fighting my strong disbelief. Writers need to stop with this:"Do not think about it." Lines in movies that are meant for the audience. If you can't write a conclusive world, don't write your story. That approach is as annoying as the "subvert expectations for the sake of subverting expectations" style of writing that plagued Star Wars and Game of Thrones (last seasons).

Pattinson was pretty cool though and as said, it is visually excellent.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Welcome to 2021, everyone. I hope it was a happy new year, and a good start for the next 12 months.

Then again, the best year of my life started with me falling over (alcohol-related) and breaking my wrist, so how NY pans out doesn't necessarily dictate the tone or fortunes for the coming 12 months!

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
Time to make guesses on Humble Choice. I think (ie. wish) the main feature game will be one of the following:

• Metro Exodus
  • A Plague Tale: Innocence
  • Life is strange 2 complete season
I would not be surprised if Tamarin or Skully or Ary is in the bundle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cacher

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Sakura Wars NEEDS to happen :blobeyes::blobeyes::blobeyes:

• This!
Reactions: Cacher

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Kind of conflicted on what I should do.

Do I buy a bunch of things off my steam wishlist

Or

Do I get that 6 month 36$ deal with choice.

Don't want to do both because I am still finishing up Cyberpunk and doing a little Doom Eternal on the gamepass side. Also plan on getting into F76 too.

Plus Nioh 2 is next month which is a long game.:blobweary:

Attempting to overload backlog into an unmanageable state only 1 day into the new year :notlikethisblob:

That choice deal is pretty good tho. A lot of games and at least 15% of them will be ones I really want. Also that is the type of price it should always be imo.

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Happy New Year everyone. Let these following months bring you happiness and love.

Since Humble didn't want to offer the 6 dollar/month for 6 months deal to me, should I create a new account to take the deal?

And Happy New Year. Let's hope that this will be the redemption year :cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:
Humbe only sent that offer to accounts that weren't yet subscribed to monthly, so if you create a new one you'll be able to take advantage of it. Just use a different e-mail account.

Or

You don't actually pay the 36$ upfront, you pay 6$/month each month you buy the monthly until the 6 months run out or you pause or cancel your subscription.
Not really sure if it helps but you can get this monthly and possibly the next and a couple things off your wishlist and still be within your budget.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
not to me :p

either way - it's a pretty good game

¯\(ツ)
Well we disagree then.

In comparison to Steam user reviews, imo, "Pretty good" is not "good" or "very good", but "mostly positive". Mediocre is "mixed" and bad is "negative" and trash/shit is "overwhelmengly negative", incredible/amazing/masterpiece is "overwhelmengly positive".

Reactions: lashman

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

The first one you listed can't or should not happen since somebody already posted on previous month's thread a tweet someone asked devs if it could be part of a bundle and they literally said "not while on early access" I believe.
My bet goes for number #3 on your first spoiler list.

You don't actually pay the 36$ upfront, you pay 6$/month each month you buy the monthly until the 6 months run out or you pause or cancel your subscription.
Not really sure if it helps but you can get this monthly and possibly the next and a couple things off your wishlist and still be within your budget.
You can pause but technically speaking you would instantly lose the deal and would have to pay full price for the following months which would be crazy.

Or

If you want some of current month games then I say go for the sub. You will be paying for what is currently offered and then later today you could see if you want to cancel or keep the sub depending on January reveals

Last edited:
Reactions: yuraya

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com

Vane worth playing?
Negatives:
One broken achievement - can be fixed with SAM if you care since it should be stupidly easy to get if it did work
Sketchy performance at times (might have been fixed, but happened regardless of the settings I lowered)

Positives:
Very beautiful
Great sense of atmosphere
Walks a nice line between “walking sim” and puzzles

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
If you buy the 6 month monthly pass, can you pause or cancel?
I thought I read somewhere that you could not, you're in for every game for the next six offers.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I thought I read somewhere that you could not, you're in for every game for the next six offers.
You are not allowed to pause.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Wait so the December games are included with the 6 months deal or can you choose to start with January?

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Ah, btw... how come IF Intl. hasn't ported their otomate games to PC yet despite being so willing to port everything else? :(

I really want Collar X Malice outside of my Vita..
======

also happy 2021 everyone! Good fortune and health to all in this coming year!

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Tomasety don't use threadmarks as post edit reason :p that's what the "reason" field when editing a post is for ;)

• Love

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Happy New Year my friends ! May 2021 be one of the good years !
It's cool, it's a symbolic new start, possibilities are everywhere. Let's try to avoid making bad decisions and savor the good in what life brings us.

:photoblobheart:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

If anyone is interested in a light gaming experience, do check this out.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Went ahead and did the Humble 6 month deal. It was just too good of a deal to not avoid their disappointment lottery for the next 6 months. And that will lead into the Summer sale anyways.

Besides getting 15% off Nioh2 preorder will pay for more than a month itself :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-tightly-closed-eyes:

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
For this specific offer pausing equals to cancelling the sub, technically speaking as you would have to pay for the following months full price sub assuming you were interested in that bad deal in the first place.
Pause = lose the offer completely.

Wait so the December games are included with the 6 months deal or can you choose to start with January?
Offer includes and starts with December games. That's why I said if you were interested in playing some of current month games you probably want to sub.

Tomasety don't use threadmarks as post edit reason :p that's what the "reason" field when editing a post is for ;)
I'm terribly sorry, I had the feeling I was doing something wrong when I saw threadmarks on my edits but I was almost sure I was filling the reason field. I hope I will not make same mistake again.

Reason: fixes again
Last edited:
  • Hug
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'm terribly sorry, I had the feeling I was doing something wrong when I saw threadmarks on my edits but I was almost sure I was filling the reason field. I hope I will not make same mistake again.
no need to apologize, lol :p just try to remember, haha

• Hug
Status
Not open for further replies.