Edit: and Gamesbillet price matched

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Amazon Game Studios Struggles to Find a Hit - Bloomberg

The Twitch chief, Emmett Shear, was reluctant to assign his employees to projects for the game studios, two people who worked with him say. One proposal, pushed by Frazzini in 2017, asked Twitch to help build a digital game store, the former employees say. The idea would allow Amazon to avoid paying a 30% sales commission to Steam, the most popular storefront for PC games. Twitch employees weren’t thrilled because Amazon didn’t have any big games with which to attract shoppers. Frazzini’s employees assigned to collaborate on the project protested because bypassing Steam would shrink their market, four former employees say. Withholding a game from Steam, they argued, is the equivalent of refusing to sell a book on Amazon. When the project was due for more staffing resources, Shear resisted, and it was left to languish inside Amazon Game Studios.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Tim Sweeney and Yves Guillemot:

I could be wrong but from what I remember 3rd parties on EGS made less than $300 million USD, while fall guys alone made $100 million on Steam..... And that was for less than half a year. And even at it's very lowest that game made $70 million USD on steam alone.

I wonder how much money Cyberpunk+Fall Guys+ Among US+ Phasmophobia brought in to Steam? Watch those 4 games some how bring in more than half of what EGS did for the whole year.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

BoosterDuck

Goon Squad
Sep 20, 2018

Reactions: QFNS

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
The document says MS only charges 15 percent, but that is only on software, excluding games. They cite MS all throughout alongside EGS, but it seems like a elementary mistake to overlook that unless I am misinterpreting.

Dec 5, 2018
I admit I only skimmed through it but:

Didn't microsoft lower the cut only for apps ?

They keep saying that games would be cheaper elsewhere but I honestly that won't happen. (Aren't ubisoft games that are only Uplay/EGS the same price in both places ?)

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I must be particularly stupid because Steam Keys can be generated for free and then sold on other websites and Valve gets 0%, the store selling the key gets whatever cut they negotiated with the key seller, and the key seller gets whatever is left over, yet Valve are a monopoly on game selling and get sued?

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Looks like Valve got one of those antitrust lawsuits.

Any idea which part of SDA this refers? (I don't have access to rest of pages).
January keeps delivering, DEAR GOD, 2021 IS SO NUTS!

• This!
Reactions: madjoki

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
ETA till someone sues Valve because their game sold below expectations?

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Bezos to simply buy Valve next. with the spare change in his car's cupholder.
A little shocking that yesmen didn't push the idea through anyway, simply because they could bleed money for decades to unseat every other store with their eventual offerings.
Too bad this hadn't come out 3 years ago, Tim might have thought twice about EGS.

Looks like Valve got one of those antitrust lawsuits.

Any idea which part of SDA this refers? (I don't have access to rest of pages).
Valve only controls Steam key pricing. Games themselves are priced by publishers every where else.
Everyone trying to go in on Valve now that Gabe is in New Zealand it seems.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Regarding the Steam version of "Yakuza: Like a Dragon (The Whereabouts of Light and Darkness)", which is currently on sale in Europe and America, the simplified and traditional Chinese patch will be updated on February 25, 2021. Players who have already purchased Simplified and Traditional Chinese support can be obtained through the update patch. At the same time, the Steam version (supporting simplified and traditional Chinese) will also be available for purchase in Asia from February 25, 2021
Source: Sina Visitor System

• Eyes
Reactions: Cacher and Kvik

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
3,5 hours into Sekiro, and I just don't get any better or feel the flow clicking.
Stabbed a giant white snake's eye, downed a chained ogre, and made it to a huge samurai on a horse.
Think I've become officially casual.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I'm suing Valve because they don't have nearly enough anime games.

A new mod for Yakuza 5. Texture replacement from cutscene models to gameplay models for Kiryu and other characters

Status
Not open for further replies.