Community MetaSteam | January 2023 - A new season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Can someone help me remember the name of a wargame that is eluding me (yep, that amazing memory again...)

1. The game released a few months ago.
2. It is not on Steam.
3. It's part of a series that actually is on Steam. Which means the devs didn't think it was worth continuing on Steam I guess.
4. I think it was a Cold War game but I'm probably wrong.

I know this isn't much to go on but maybe someone knows...

EDIT: Figured it out. There's only really one publisher that does wargames (Slitherine/Matrix). Went to their site and it was right on the front page :surrenderblob:. The game was Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm. And apparently they are planning a Steam release about 6 months after the original release on their own store.

Last edited:
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Or, alternatively, a lot of games to just drop on the EGS and then forget about.
This hasn't happened since Stranger of Paradise, since then, over 10 games dropped on steam lol

This is in fact a weird point that everyone seems to be mentioning constantly like they had abandoned Steam over EGS but that didn't happen aside from a multi-game deal that is likely over.

To be honest, most of those I mentioned will be steam only and the rest will likely be multi-store releases, but that's my guess.
I don’t think Epic are paying for games anymore, so I don’t think S-E will bother with EGS if no cheque is attached.

See: all the games on Steam that Epic didn’t moneyhat.

I know people keep citing Kingdom Hearts, but that seems to be an outlier at this point. They’re clearly either tied down by some longer term deal, or they’re going to treat the Steam release as a big deal and release it to some fanfare at an event or stream.
S-E is clearly pushing deck a lot more than I anticipated, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they come with a lovely verified tag alongside announcement.

A few examples:

Sponsorships:

Focus on update patches:

But yeah, basically what you said.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I think S-E see the Deck as a good opportunity for growth in Japan over a long period.

In the scheme of things, it’s also a low-risk porting endeavour. Valve does most of the work of getting the PC version working and S-E gets a handheld playing games that the Switch never will.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Played a bit of Eiyuden Chronicles: Rising yesterday and quite enjoyed it.
Just not sure if I want to commit more yet, since with this suspiciously high discount and it being published by 505 I can't shake this feeling it will end up in a Humble Choice sooner rather than later. (And next week's Choice would still be in the 2 weeks refund window). Probably just gonna wait until then before continuing.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Humble is removing a bunch of their games from their Choice collection (Feb.15): Unsighted, Void Bastards, Wizard of Legend, Dodgeball Academia, Forager, Flynn: Son of Crimson.

Please put Humble Publishing steam keys back into the bundles.

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
The DLSS 3 update in Cyberpunk 2077 has been released! Seems pretty unreal to max out all settings including the ray tracing ones and get 145 average fps and 110 99% minimum fps (nvidia performance overlay) playing in 3440*1440 resolution in crowded areas.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
The DLSS 3 update in Cyberpunk 2077 has been released! Seems pretty unreal to max out all settings including the ray tracing ones and get 145 average fps and 110 99% minimum fps (nvidia performance overlay) playing in 3440*1440 resolution in crowded areas.
For which cards ? 40XX ?

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Hmmm.. there is a rumour that Embracer sold Tomb Raider rights to Amazon

Lösa rykten om att Embracer sålt rättigheterna för Tomb Raider till Amazon Games för 600 miljoner dollar florerar på internet.
Embracer sold the rights to Amazon for 600 million dollars

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
I think 350-400k is far too high an estimate. I would guess under 200k, closer to 150. I'm quite curious as to how this game is going to review... specifically I'm wondering whether reviewers let their distaste for JK Rowling influence their review scores or whether they even review the game or not.
I got to wonder how much people know about Rowling being a transphobe and how much they actually care about it.

I guess I'm not a good person to measure this since I'm not a Harry Potter fan (I was a little too old for the books and only saw the first movie) but if I didn't go to ResetEra I wouldn't know about Rowling. Honestly I think most people don't really keep up with news like that. A lot will just see a new AAA Harry Potter game, a franchise they loved when they were a kid, and buy the game.

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Free Tomb Raider DLC for PowerWash Simulator out now
A mini-campaign that sees you cleaning the iconic Croft Manor and its grounds, including five new levels:

Croft Manor, Lara Croft's Obstacle Course and Quad Bike (one level), Lara Croft's Jeep and Motorboat (one level), Croft Manor's Maze, and Croft Manor's Treasure Room

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018

Insider Gaming is actively investigating what caused Rumbleverse’s impending downfall, but it’s believed that Epic Games has had a huge role play – And Iron Galaxy Studios, the development studio behind Rumbleverse isn’t the only developer affected by the lack of support from its publisher.

Likely, the cancellation is due to the game’s low player count, but two sources have shown that the roots of the problem have been growing for some time.
What an amazing publisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.