Community MetaSteam | January 2023 - A new season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!
  • Glad to have you back, lashman, huge hugs.

Big thanks for taking part in those monthly threads!
Huge hugs for all of you there.

Forspoken

Mysteriously transported from New York City, Frey Holland finds herself trapped in the breathtaking land of Athia. A magical, sentient bracelet is inexplicably wrapped around her arm, and Frey discovers the ability to cast powerful spells and use magic to traverse the sprawling landscapes of Athia. Frey nicknames her new golden companion “Cuff” and sets off to find a way home.

Frey soon learns this beautiful land once flourished under the reign of benevolent matriarchs, called Tantas, until a devastating blight relentlessly corrupted everything it touched. The Break transformed animals into beasts, men into monsters, and rich landscapes into four dangerous realms. At the center of their shattered domains, the Tantas now rule as maddened and evil sorceresses.

Unaffected by the Break and desperate for answers, Frey reluctantly agrees to help the last remaining citizens of Athia who see her as their only hope. Frey’s journey through this strange and treacherous land will take her deep into the heart of corruption where she must battle monstrous creatures, confront the powerful Tantas, and uncover secrets that awaken something much more from within.

The Division 2

Washington D.C. is on the brink of collapse. Lawlessness and instability threaten our society, and rumours of a coup in the Capitol are only amplifying the chaos. All active Division agents are desperately needed to save the city before it's too late.

In Tom Clancy’s The Division®2, the fate of the free world is on the line. Lead a team of elite agents into a post-pandemic Washington DC to restore order and prevent the collapse of the city.

You are a member of the Division, an elite group of civilian agents charged with being the last line of defense. With DC at risk, it's time to gear up and use your unique skills to take on this new threat.

Unlike anything before it, The Division 2's Washington D.C. is a 1:1 representation of the real city, making the game world more authentic than ever. The game's map offers up-close-and-personal views of landmarks, natural landscapes, neighborhoods, and enemy hideouts.

SEASON: A letter to the future

High in the mountains, there is a village safe from the turmoil of changing seasons. No one has left in a generation, no one until Estelle. In her world, a season is a period of history, an era. This season is about to end. Riding off into the unknown, she leaves her home to try to capture this moment for the future. Estelle navigates through a strange yet familiar world, witnessing life on the brink of an impending but mysterious change.

The gameplay focuses on exploring, recording, meeting people, and unravelling the strange world around you. Each recording tool captures a different layer; sounds and music, art and architecture, the stories of characters living through pivotal moments. Your tools peel back these layers until you grasp the culture, history, and ecology underneath everything. This quest leads you to the big questions: what is this season? Why is it ending? And what will the next season bring?

Dead Space (2023)

The sci-fi survival-horror classic Dead Space™ returns, completely rebuilt from the ground up to offer a deeper, more immersive experience. This remake brings jaw-dropping visual fidelity, suspenseful atmospheric audio, and improvements to gameplay while staying faithful to the original game’s thrilling vision.

Isaac Clarke is an everyman engineer on a mission to repair a vast mining ship, the USG Ishimura, only to discover something has gone horribly wrong. The ship's crew has been slaughtered and Isaac’s beloved partner, Nicole, is lost somewhere on board.

Now alone and armed with only his engineering tools and skills, Isaac races to find Nicole as the nightmarish mystery of what happened aboard the Ishimura unravels around him. Trapped with hostile creatures called Necromorphs, Isaac faces a battle for survival, not only against the escalating terrors of the ship but against his own crumbling sanity.

Persona 3 Portable

Experience the iconic, critically acclaimed RPG that reinvented the Persona series, Persona 3 Portable, now newly remastered for modern platforms.

Shortly after transferring to Gekkoukan High School, the protagonist encounters the "Dark Hour." Unfamiliar stillness swallows the city, people turn into eerie coffins, and otherworldly monsters called Shadows swarm. When they are attacked by one of these Shadows, and all hope seems lost, the power of the heart, their Persona is awakened.

With this newfound power, they pursue the truth of the Dark Hour and face the destiny that awaits them.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World™: The Game – Complete Edition

Rediscover the beloved 2D arcade-style beat 'em up inspired by the iconic comic book series and movie Scott Pilgrim vs. The World in this Complete Edition!

This Complete Edition includes the original Scott Pilgrim vs. The World™: The Game, as well as its original DLCs, the Knives Chau and Wallace Add-On Packs.

Play as your favorite characters – Scott Pilgrim, Ramona Flowers, Knives Chau, Stephen Stills, and more. Level up and learn new awesome abilities, unlock secret items and modes, summon powerful allies, and more!

Team up with friends and combine your skills to battle your way through waves of tough enemies, or compete with them in awesome mini-games like Dodgeball – all on your way to defeat the League of Ramona's Evil Exes!

COTTOn Rock'n'Roll -SUPERLATIVE NIGHT DREAMS-

The original beautiful girl side-scrolling shooter is back!
This work commemorates the 30th anniversary of the Cotton series.

This brand-new game from the Cotton series featuring a total of 6 iconic playable characters, including stars from other games! Each character has their own mechanics and attacks, allowing you to choose from different playstyles and find the right match!
While staying true to the iconic Cotton style, several new shoot 'em up mechanics are introduced, like Psyvariar's Buzz System or Sanvein's Time Mode.

Choose your favorite route from the selective stages and complete all 10 stages.
After all stages are cleared, new selective stages will be released.

ONE PIECE ODYSSEY

A new RPG from the hugely popular manga and anime series ONE PIECE, commemorating the 25th anniversary of the series!

The famed pirate, Monkey.D.Luffy, better known as Straw Hat Luffy, and his Straw Hat Crew, are sailing across the New World in search of the next island and the next adventure that awaits them.
But during their voyage they are caught in a storm and shipwrecked. They find themselves washed up on a lush tropical island surrounded by constantly raging storms...

Separated from his crew, Luffy sets off on a grand, new adventure to find his friends and escape the island!
Dangerous new enemies, terrifying forces of nature, and more await them!

Play as various members of the Straw Hat Crew in a classic RPG set in the world of the popular ONE PIECE anime!

A Space for the Unbound

A Space for the Unbound is a slice-of-life adventure game with beautiful pixel art set in the late 90s rural Indonesia that tells a story about overcoming anxiety, depression, and the relationship between a boy and a girl with supernatural powers.

Follow two high school sweethearts, Atma and Raya, on a journey of self-discovery at the end of their high school years. When a mysteriously supernatural power is suddenly unleashed threatening their existence, they must explore and investigate their town to uncover hidden secrets, face the end of the world, and perhaps learn more about each other.

Set in a small town inspired by 90s era rural Indonesia, A Space for the Unbound presents an endearing story-driven experience with a vibrant environment waiting to be explored.

Watch Dogs: Legion

Build a resistance made from anyone in the world to take back a near-future London that is facing its downfall.

Recipient of over 65 E3 awards and nominations. Recruit and play as anyone from London. Everyone you see has a unique backstory, personality, and skill set for unique situations.

Hack armed drones, deploy spider-bots, and take down enemies using an Augmented Reality Cloak. Explore a massive urban open world featuring London’s many iconic landmarks and fun side activities. Team up with your friends as you complete co-op missions and unique game modes.

Aquatico

Aquatico is an underwater survival city-builder set on the ocean floor. The Earth’s surface has become a barren wasteland, forcing humanity to pour any remaining hope for a new beginning into the depths of the sea. Upon discovering a world below the tides, the opportunity to start over is within reach. Despite the new beginning, the dangers and challenges that lie ahead won’t make surviving under the sea a simple task…

Build a unique city underwater to escape a dying world. Survive the challenges of the sea and construct your base over multiple levels. Use the seabed to build core infrastructure and production facilities, while the domed layers above will house your people from the dangers of the depths.

Discover diverse biomes, gather resources, secure temperature readings and manage the multiple levels of your underwater base. Just be wary of natural sea life, as provoking creatures as you build and harvest may trigger dangerous events. Sharks and whales swarming your city may not be ideal…

SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake

SpongeBob and Patrick meet the mysterious fortune teller Kassandra who gives them a vial full of Mermaid’s Tears©. Legend claims they grant the wishes of those who are pure of heart…

Naturally, the two best buddies get overexcited and their flurry of wishes tears open the very fabric of space and time. All while releasing Cosmic Jelly© onto Bikini Bottom and opening portals to strange Wishworlds in the process.

Now it’s up to our heroes to rescue their friends who got lost in the Wishworlds and bring back Bikini Bottom’s most iconic buildings.
But Kassandra has her own devious plan…

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar) or use our wonderful bot Mona (thanks Valdien)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I did it again !!! I didn’t think things through, as usual. Already wished you the best 2023 in the previous thread, so what do I say now that everyone is in this shiny new thread ?

In the previous episode :
Health. Loved Ones. With an added bonus of some specific world leaders leaving this plane of existence, asap.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Great work as always Mor!

And Happy New Year everyone! I hope we all have a wonderful year ahead of us, one filled with happiness and love. Here's to a year where we can accomplish things we've long planned, or things we've long dreamed. To enjoying more time with good friends and to making every moment a special one. :cat-heart-blob:

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Happy New Year everyone! My goal is to post more on here this year, I feel like I fall off a cliff sometime and don't check the forum as much as I would like.

As an aside, how do people with Windows 11 like it? I have been having some infuriating multi monitor sleep issues (like Steam being unresponsive anytime my monitors wake up from sleep requiring an app restart) since I upgraded my video card and WIndows 11 purports to fix them but I don't want to upgrade just to theoretically fix that issue if Windows 11 is still kind of crappy.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Steam Various shops winter sale haul, which will hopefully not grow again :

Signalis
Hob’s Barrow
Dragon Quest XI
Kena
Gotham Knights

I would have loved to add Ys 9 / Persona 5 Strikers / Soul Hackers 2 full potato edition, but uh, money is an issue.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Square Enix decided to start 2023 really well

In terms of new business domains, we named three focus investment fields under our medium-term business plan. Among those, we are most focused on blockchain entertainment, to which we have devoted aggressive investment and business development efforts. Looking externally, I think it is fair to say that blockchain gained significant recognition as a field in 2022, as evidenced by "Web 3.0" becoming a firmly established buzzword among businesspeople. However, the year also saw volatility in the cryptocurrency and NFT (non-fungible token) markets that tracked the dramatic shifts in the macroeconomy described above. The latter half of the year in particular produced a somber string of news stories with blockchain connections, including the scandalous bankruptcy filing of FTX in November.
In the wake of these developments, we hear rumblings from some countries of early moves to regulate such businesses more strictly. In Japan, meanwhile, the drive to encourage such businesses has gained momentum, led by the government. In June 2022, the Japanese cabinet signed off on a plan called the "Priority Policy Program for Realizing a Digital Society," which includes wording regarding the creation of an environment for promoting the Web 3.0 concept, including the use of NFTs based on blockchain technology. Japan's Digital Agency also launched a Web 3.0 study group.
New technologies and frameworks lead to innovation, but they also create considerable confusion. Having ridden out such societal tides, some such technologies and frameworks gradually become part of people's lives, eventually giving rise to new businesses and growth. Following the excitement and exhilaration that surrounded NFTs and the metaverse in 2021, 2022 was a year of great volatility in the blockchain-related space. However, if this proves to have been a step in a process that leads to the creation of rules and a more transparent business environment, it will definitely have been for the good of the growth of blockchain entertainment.
Keeping a steady eye on these environmental changes while considering from a higher-level perspective what Web 3.0 and blockchain entertainment are actually all about presents a different vista than if we focus on them solely in technological or speculative investment terms. As I said in last year's New Year's letter, if we consider traditional gaming to have been centralized, then blockchain gaming must operate based on a self-sustaining decentralized model. It is that concept, that philosophy that I see to be key.
That is to say that what sort of new experiences and new excitement our Digital Entertainment business can deliver to our customers through its game development efforts and other endeavors under the self-sustaining, decentralized concept is extremely important.

Multiple blockchain gaming events held overseas recently produced more active discussion than ever before about what makes the games exciting and what their user community looks like. The market was driven more by speculative investors than by gamers though 2021. In other words, the content that was at the forefront was created based on the premise that blockchain and NFTs should result in monetization. However, in the wake of the aforementioned turbulence in the cryptocurrency industry, there is now a trend to view blockchain technology as a mere means to an end and to discuss what needs to happen to achieve the end of delivering new experiences and excitement to customers. I see this as a very beneficial development for the future growth of the industry.
Our Group has multiple blockchain games based on original IPs under development, some of which we announced last year, and we are undertaking preparations that will enable us to unveil even more titles this year. We are also engaged in global sourcing from an investment perspective and will continue to take stakes in promising businesses whether we find them in Japan or abroad. Blockchain has been an object of exhilaration and a source of turmoil, but with that in the rearview mirror, we hope that blockchain games will transition to a new stage of growth in 2023.

P.S. Era really went insane. They are now forbidding NFT threads but there is no rule that explains that anywhere that i can find.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.