Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018

Finally on sale and a pretty good price too. It doesn't appear to be on sale on steam or anywhere else yet so I wonder if GMG is a half day early on posting this? I only ask because if steam also gets a $40 sale then technically getting it via the firaxis bundle probably makes it cheaper than GMG (plus I have about $5 in card money)

Fluffpuff

Jul 20, 2021
Who doesn't like a little list of indie recommendations to tempt their wallet in these trying times?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Astalon: Tears of the Earth
The best NES throwback since Shovel Knight. A metroidvania wrapped in the game-feel of a classic Capcom game. Rarely do I do post-game content these days, but after finishing Astalon I immediately did all the extra modes for a 100% completion. Looks great, plays better.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copy Kitty

Scratches that Kirby-absoption-combination itch. Depending on which three weapons you have absorbed, the style of your attack changes. And there are a lot of combos. I only played through with the main character, but there is a second character that plays completely differently than the first. Flashy and fun.

Gedonia

Basically indie Elder Scrolls. I honestly have no idea how to convince anyone to play this game. It's janky. It's buggy. The voice acting is laughable. But damn does it have ambition. I think the moment I fell for this game was while wandering the open world and stumbling upon a nondescript dungeon that had its own little storyline and traversal mechanic. It's one of those games you're rooting for the dev the entire time you're playing, despite the shortcomings. One of my favorite things I've played this past year. Looking forward to going back to play the endgame content.

Northern Journey

A true adventure. Very few games manage to accomplish the feeling this game exudes. Which feeling? Couldn't tell you. It's magical, otherworldly. Strange and bizarre. Raw. It's fucking good is what it is.

The Looker

A free The Witness-lite. I went into this game expecting a quick couple puzzles and a cheap laugh or two. What I got was a competent, often clever puzzle game that sticks the landing. Worth checking out if you enjoyed The Witness.

Plunge

Snappy gameplay has you sliding around like a rook taking out enemies and avoiding traps. There are multiple areas to descend, each with their own unique mechanics. Ended too soon and left me wanting more. It isn't on sale, but you might already have this from one of those itch.io bundles you never got around to playing!

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Happy new years to everyone and I am only a day late :face-throwing-a-kiss:

Thank you for the new thread Mor!!!

___

I thought January was going to be more sparse than I realized, but there are so many games coming out. I am thinking this is going to be the year I actually play the games I buy. :thumbsupblob:
At the very least I've started 8 games this weekend so I believe in you

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Eurogamers Game of the Year is Elden Ring - but they seemed obviously annoyed by that

"Real talk: at first, we were a little underwhelmed by our own choice. Not by the game, which is a grim marvel. But by that feeling of giving way to the inevitable. A game of the year pick should hit with a sense of surprise before it settles in and feels like the only choice we could ever have made. Elden Ring has a lot of the second part of that, but the first part? It was never going to feel like a surprise."
That explains why they had Unpacking at #1 last year. It feels like they just chose something odd for the sake of choosing something odd. Or – as some have put it, to get rage clicks/controversy clicks. Similarly, The Guardian put 2021s Wordle (yep!) as their GOTY 2022.

Anyways, apart from "we need to put something weird at #1 to generate ad revenue from clicks" I dont get the logic. Put the best/most loved/most obvious choice on #1 even if its boring.

~

and yes, Durante put it perfectly! Cant agree more.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018

Constantly forgetting to buy OlliOlli World has finally paid off.
I activated half a year worth of Choice games yesterday because I forget to pause my sub every other month. I think I played less than a handful of games I got by my subscription last year...

Reactions: thekeats1999

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
Thanks to the other forum, I finally found the game that I was looking for in September 2022:

What was the name of that game that was a parody of The Legend of Zelda? It came out in the last year on Steam, it was around $10, and it has been in development since 2015. It had poor graphics and it was purposely glitchy like if you put on the speed boots then you could possibly end up flying to the other side of the map.
"The Ditty of Carmeana"

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I just realised that I said "later" but that it isnt Tuesday yet ;) I somehow thought the Humble Choice would be released today, oops :) But I guess tomorrow evening also counts as "later", technically :)
no worries, hahaha :) i'm definitely not in a hurry

and thank you so much again :blobhug:

Status
Not open for further replies.