Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
What’s new in GeForce Experience 3.20.4

Freestyle and Ansel support added for 39 games with the latest Game Ready Driver including:

Black Mesa, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered, Cloudpunk, Crucible, DAEMON X MACHINA, Deadside, Deiland, Disintegration, Don't Starve Together, Doom 64, EVE Online, F1 2020, Fishing Planet, Gears Tactics, Good Company, Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition, Hyperscape, Industries of Titan, iRacing: Motorsport Simulator, Mafia II: Definitive Edition, Maneater, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Monster Train, Operencia: The Stolen Sun, Population Zero, Predator: Hunting Grounds, Project Winter, Pummel Party, RISK: Global Domination, Rogue Company, Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV, Scrap Mechanic, Shakes and Fidget, Shenmue 3, Shop Titans, Tabletop Simulator, Total Tank Simulator, TRIALS of MANA, and Valorant
So HZD will release very soon and because of Ansel then screenshots will be nuts.

Weird that they implement it on HZD but not Death Stranding though.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
I highly recommend you guys check out Supraland's DLC. I already had access to it since I backed their Kickstarter... but yeah, except for one notable "puzzle" that had me stumped for hours (it's pretty poorly designed and is most certainly going to be fixed), it was great. Although I'd say that the overall feel was markedly different from the base game (more puzzley, less explorey, more structured...y).

Last edited:

Acidote

Omega Yul
Jun 16, 2019
When the hell is Horizon releasing =(

Nice, new thread ! Good timing to come back here :wd_heart:

I hope I'll be able to be more present on MC but I'm moving out to a new house in the next days and it will take a lot of my time...

But thanks again lashman for this amazing thread !
I feel you. I'm renovating my whole place and I spent half a day yesterday completely cleaning small cracks and fissures on three different outside walls so I can repair them today while contractors do some heavy stuff I'm not comfortable doing myself.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
let us rejoice over new month's animethread
Having read an horror short story called 'The Spider' (Hanns Heinz Ewers) a few days ago, let me put out my X card there. All the X cards. Even the other letters :anguished-face:

• Toucan
Reactions: prudis

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
Lower VAT in Germany since today. 16% instead of 19% for 6 months. It looks like Valve is not passing it to the consumers. All the prices are the same.

Reactions: lashman and ISee

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
I feel you. I'm renovating my whole place and I spent half a day yesterday completely cleaning small cracks and fissures on three different outside walls so I can repair them today while contractors do some heavy stuff I'm not comfortable doing myself.
Luckily I have no renovation work to do, the house I just bought (it should have been done months ago but with the lockdown everything was blocked...) is good as new so we just have to move furnitures and stuff. Good luck with your renovations, I know how tiring it can be (y)

Reactions: Acidote

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
The summer badge is 5 levels right ?

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
There was a leak stating that Death Stranding will support DLSS though... and if that's true, there is a small chance HZD will do so as well. On the other side, it's an AMD (CPU) sponsored game, so you never know.
Would be an excellent opportunity to compare DLSS 2.0 and checkerboard rendering on PS4 Pro. I feel like a certain Digital Foundry member will be remarkably busy this month: Crysis Remastered, Death Stranding, maybe HZD 😎
/poke Dictator

By the way, there are rumours that AC:Vikings will be included with Ryzen 3000 CPUs this month.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Play The Last Express. It is such an impressive game, still today, even if it was released in 1997.

Also, the creator is this guy:

I have started playing Prince of Persia Sands of Time, and you can tell there is something special in every game he touches.

Here is another video worth watching:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
The one you buy with points is 20 lvls the one you craft with cards, don't know if there's really a limit.
Yeah I'm talking about the card one, I seem to recall badges being 5 levels but I could be wrong.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Finished up Persona 4 Golden the other day. Took me 63 hrs to get what I understood to be the true ending. From what I looked up afterwards there are 2 other endings that I kinda wanted to get instead but you need to get to certain ranks with certain characters before certain dates. Also at first I wound up getting a bad ending after making certain amount of funny choices where I thought it was the end of the game but it was far from it lol. Luckily I booted up an older save and was able to continue the game to eventually get the true ending. Unfortunately I wasn't able to have a save file to go back to get the other 2 non bad endings that also sound interesting.

But yea the game was incredible and deserving of all the praises it got over the years. The story, art, pacing, music, writing and combat were all very good. A lot of the boss fights were also fun and challenging. Loved most of the characters in the game especially Yukiko, Chie and Kanji. Dojima and Nanako were also great characters to balance out all the craziness that happens throughout. The only real negative is the dungeons which not necessarily bad but felt a bit dated in design. The rest of the game is far ahead of its time. So yea a near perfect game but I can't give it a perfect score. I think the steam user score of 96% is very accurate for it. One of the best jrpgs ever made.

Kind of coming off a high playing this game. The pacing and progression felt really unique. I want to replay it but I think its better to do that at another time. Going through my wishlist to find similar games and I found some stuff like Disgaea games. They seem to have similar tags to P4G but those games seem to be different by the looks of the screenshots and everything. I don't know I'll probably just save my money for the eventual P3 and P5 instead.

Last edited:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Nice new thread, thanks lashman

Picked up a fair few games in the sale and works ramping up this month so not sure if ill be getting anything new but I hope July is a good one for you all.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Talk about C&C Remastered being hard!

I spent almost an hour trying to finish GDI mission.... I want to say 7 (the one after the commando).
It immediately reminded me of an issue that was kept in Tiberian Sun. It takes too long to get an economy going and units are expensive and die quickly.

I was constantly out of cash, built up a few units, took them to the NOD base, tried to take something out, was swarmed by troopers. Killed said troopers but lost all my units - new troopers immediately spill out of the Hand of NOD.

A total stalemate for almost an hour since the computer didn't do much.
Yeah some missions in C&C are extremely hard. What really sucks is that you can rather easily get into a situation where you actually have to restart the mission since it's basically unwinnable from your save.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
After a RPG like that I always play a few days of multiplayer games or some "happy" under 10 hour games.
Same boat. After I finish a lengthy game I love I feel empty inside and short burst multiplayer games are the only things I can bring myself to play for a week or so lol

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
63 hours for the golden ending? That's fast.

It took me 84 hours and I've already beaten the vanilla game twice before. I did idle every now and then, but it won't take more than 5 hours.

Reactions: yuraya

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Will this be the Halo 3 PC month?

Looks like they are planning to fix the Reach/Halo3 audio in the next update:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Will this be the Halo 3 PC month?

Yeah it’ll likely be in a few weeks. I just got my beta access revoked and when that happened with Halo 1 and 2 the game came out like 2-3 weeks later.

Reactions: PC-tan

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
By the way, there are rumours that AC:Vikings will be included with Ryzen 3000 CPUs this month.
This is correct, from July 7 up to "I can't remember" the game will be Valhalla, so HZD is near, or at least looks like it's going to be released soon, really soon. Which is.... a disaster for me as DS is also releasing this month :blobweary:

But well, let's see if I can play both at the same time.

Reactions: ISee

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Damn I'm at such a dilemma, not that it will be an issue for a long time if ever, but I can't see myself being a windows only user, I really can't see myself working on anything other than mac, so if I ever get a new computer I kind of have to go with a mac but that would mean gaming for me will be pretty much dead with them are going to arm processors. Of course when I'm rich and famous I'll have both mac and a gaming PC.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Finally!

Also, I'm really salty about them discounting the bundle before all the games are even out. For some reason, I thought 343 would have the sense not to do this.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I spared some 100-150go on my SSD yesterday.
So the priority is evidently to fill it again :so-good-blob:

It won't be difficult with game size these days. Sea of Thieves and Phantasy Star Online 2 and voila, no more space :suicide-blob:
I genuinely would like to play them but oof.

Reactions: inky, ISee and sk2k

Dictator

MetaMember
Feb 17, 2019
There was a leak stating that Death Stranding will support DLSS though... and if that's true, there is a small chance HZD will do so as well. On the other side, it's an AMD (CPU) sponsored game, so you never know.
Would be an excellent opportunity to compare DLSS 2.0 and checkerboard rendering on PS4 Pro. I feel like a certain Digital Foundry member will be remarkably busy this month: Crysis Remastered, Death Stranding, maybe HZD 😎
/poke Dictator

I definitely do not kiss and tell 😉

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
So HZD will release very soon and because of Ansel then screenshots will be nuts.

DS will have a in-game photo mode which I prefer over Ansel support right now anyway.

Nvidia needs to work on the Ansel UI and properly implement controller support. It's just so unbearably clumsy to use.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Oh, SINoALICE Global has launched !
I don't have a decent tablet anymore.

Now admittedly I won't lose sleep over some gacha, but 😒

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Yeah you are right! That is one of the reasons I a big cheerleader for a good streaming option.:D The potential of it being baked into Steam would be heavenly.
Shadow is pretty good, even if I despise their contempt for Windows 7 and general attitude :p.

Reactions: Le Pertti
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
This game costs 1 MILLIION rupiah. The highest I've ever seen on Steam.

But thanks again @lashman for this amazing thread !
no problem :) i always enjoy doing those threads :cat-heart-blob:

Nice thread as always @lashman :cat-heart-blob:
thank ye kindly :photoblobheart:

Nice new thread, thanks @lashman
no problem :) glad you like it :D

Guys, guys, I was browsing a store page and I have seen it with my own eyes ! lashman played a game ! 😱

I definitely do not kiss and tell 😉

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
DS will have a in-game photo mode which I prefer over Ansel support right now anyway.

Nvidia needs to work on the Ansel UI and properly implement controller support. It's just so unbearably clumsy to use.
True. Ansel is nice for games that don't have in-game photo mode. But otherwise, photo mode is always a better option.

Reactions: PC-tan

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Which is.... a disaster for me as DS is also releasing this month :blobweary:
I feel you there.
Dictator is never letting Crysis go, not even for Crysis Remastered. The analysis video comparisons will be fun.
Not going to lie, this video is something I'm looking forward to.

Guys, guys, I was browsing a store page and I have seen it with my own eyes ! lashman played a game ! 😱
Betrayal! We do not play games. We buy them and do not even bother installing.

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019

Finished up Persona 4 Golden the other day. Took me 63 hrs to get what I understood to be the true ending. From what I looked up afterwards there are 2 other endings that I kinda wanted to get instead but you need to get to certain ranks with certain characters before certain dates. Also at first I wound up getting a bad ending after making certain amount of funny choices where I thought it was the end of the game but it was far from it lol. Luckily I booted up an older save and was able to continue the game to eventually get the true ending. Unfortunately I wasn't able to have a save file to go back to get the other 2 non bad endings that also sound interesting.

But yea the game was incredible and deserving of all the praises it got over the years. The story, art, pacing, music, writing and combat were all very good. A lot of the boss fights were also fun and challenging. Loved most of the characters in the game especially Yukiko, Chie and Kanji. Dojima and Nanako were also great characters to balance out all the craziness that happens throughout. The only real negative is the dungeons which not necessarily bad but felt a bit dated in design. The rest of the game is far ahead of its time. So yea a near perfect game but I can't give it a perfect score. I think the steam user score of 96% is very accurate for it. One of the best jrpgs ever made.

Kind of coming off a high playing this game. The pacing and progression felt really unique. I want to replay it but I think its better to do that at another time. Going through my wishlist to find similar games and I found some stuff like Disgaea games. They seem to have similar tags to P4G but those games seem to be different by the looks of the screenshots and everything. I don't know I'll probably just save my money for the eventual P3 and P5 instead.
Glad you enjoyed it, it's one of my favorite games.
Seems like you got the true ending of the vanilla version though and missed out on the aditional Golden content which is a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.