Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Soooooooo, It seems that Horizon Zero Dawn should be dropping in a few days. What is your expected MSRP of it? $30?

Reactions: Mor and lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Hmmmm, I will pick it up during sale, then.
I don't expect it to release until July 10, once the sale is finished, mostly due to marketing material (banner, for example) and complete attention without competing with literally 90% of the Steam platform in the middle of a sale.

Reactions: Tomasety

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Flight Simulator is what's coming next from Asobo Studios 😉
Oh yeah, you're right! I've never played a flight sim before (I know, I know, PC gaming cred insta revoked) but this one really looks gorgeous. I still can't wait for the next thing they make in the mold of A Plague Tale though 😀

Reactions: Li Kao and Ruvon

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I must be the only one looking forward to New World here.

New gameplay just emerged a few days ago. Looking good.

I'm certainly not hyped for an MMO. By Amazon. But the world is original and I would be really glad for it to be a good game.
Now a gameplay video in 720p on the other hand, that is a crime.

Reactions: Swenhir

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I don't expect it to release until July 10, once the sale is finished, mostly due to marketing material (banner, for example) and complete attention without competing with literally 90% of the Steam platform in the middle of a sale.
Ah yeah, I mean next sales. Not spending money on games in this month anymore🤣

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
  • Is there a good emulator for gachaing on the side ?
  • Are games well supported or are some a bother (FGO ?) ?
  • If I want to pay (never) can I use the games like a mobile user ?

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
So gamepass for PC is a cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything.

Except games leaving the service. Which is a cost of business kind of thing. Want Netflix for games service, get Netflix for games service.

Metro Exodus worked really well on my RX 470/3770/16gb machine. Ran good, looked good. I was just starting to get into it after slogging through the opening stealth section. (I generally have a hatred of stealth sections) Last night it clicked! Metro in a semi open world format works.

Too bad it leaves gamepass today. $31 (price with discount) just isn't in the budget atm.

Till we meet again Metro Exodus.

(This xbox game pass thing has me feeling something about a used xbox one s. Feeling something indeed)

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
The Surge 2 is cool. I enjoy the directional parrying mechanics and the combat in general. Cutting of limbs for crafting parts is also a neat idea.

Gamma is a bit off though. It is either a bit too dark or too bright imo. I've "calibrated" my display as good as I can and I'm following the in game "this needs to be barely visible and this not visible at all" guidelines but it just doesn't look pleasing. I had a similar problem with Resident Evil 2 Remake.

Performance is also interesting as I'm often CPU bound (~80% GPU load). Not a deal breaker and I'm not complaining as I'm still able to reach high refresh rates. Just something I didn't expect in a Vulkan game.
Why are people talking about Zero Dawn dropping in some days?
1. ) It is being mentioned in the newest GeForce Experience Update
2.) AMD Bundle ended and new AC:Vikings Bundle will replace the current one soon.
3.) AMD HZD Bundle needs to be activated till the end of July 2020.
4.) People would like it to happen sooner than later.

Reactions: Stevey and LEANIJA

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

cries in 970

Great pull, but you'll want 1 class with 2 SR weapons of the same type.
  • Is there a good emulator for gachaing on the side ?
  • Are games well supported or are some a bother (FGO ?) ?
  • If I want to pay (never) can I use the games like a mobile user ?
I personally use Memu, it support macro and synchronous operation. All games are supported except FGO which hate emulator somehow.

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Huh, overnight it seems my time to get past the BIOS / POST is significantly longer than before. I didn't change any hardware or anything besides pairing a new Bluetooth device yesterday.

Tried unplugging all USB devices but that didn't speed things up.

It still posts every time, but now it's taking about 15 seconds whereas it was just ~3 seconds before.

No sign of anything wrong yet otherwise. My BIOS didn't load defaults or anything. It's also very consistent in its slowness, but the slowness reminds me of a bad overclock / RAM timings (but I don't have any overclock, just tightened up RAM timings and voltages...)

FunnyJay