Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Can we get Atlus to get this one re-released on modern pc platforms as well?
i fucking wish! it's such a good game :(

bring it back, you cowards! (and the 3 Blair Witch games as well while you're at it)

Reactions: Shahem

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
The rumor/assumption was that they got Michael Ironside back for the Sam Fisher role for a full new game and that enabled them to also do the Wildlands crossover mission. I at least always assumed that it would be nuts if they brought him back just for the crossover.

Reactions: ISee

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Isn't SMT Nocturne the one that's supposed to be rock hard?
Another one that is "hard" is Strange Journey but some of that has to do with the dungeon design and the game was made easier for the 3DS version.

There's definitely a level of "walk into a boss fight expecting to die" especially in the early parts of the game because you need to actually go into the fight and learn the boss's strengths/weaknesses, then go back and adapt your party to the fight. If you're rocking demons that the boss can take advantage of with press turn, just expect to immediately get washed and have to go back to rearrange your party.

The game doesn't really expect more than this level of understanding from it's players on it's standard difficulty, but I can see this definitely turning away some peop[e who go into RPGs expecting to win every fight, or forcing them to go with the merciful difficulty (which im glad exists, but is still pretty hilarious).
When this happens to me in JRPGs I will try to beat the boss 3 times or so and if I can't I will spend the next 5 hours or so grinding before challenging them again
----

Will the western version of Nocturne still have the copy right thing? Since some one owns the rights to that name that is not ATLUS ?

Last edited:
Reactions: ISee

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Shin megami tensei is pokemon before pokemon
Except the pokemon are demons
And you summon them using computer code
Like literal computer code/algorithm
Hell the games even incorporated portable computers and even had them attached to guns just to summom demons on the go

Also you made pacta with the demons
Pacts
To jave them join your fight against other demons
Imagine this kins of game during the late 80s era of nintendo gaminh

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Another one that is "hard" is Strange Journey but some of that has to do with the dungeon design and the game was made easier for the 3DS version.
When this happens to me in JRPGs I will try to beat the boss 3 times or so and if I can't I will spend the next 5 hours or so grinding before challenging them again
Yeah I agree with resorting to grinding if you run out of any other strategies. Except for when I played DQXI on hard difficulty, then proceeded to nope the heck out of it and restart with normal difficulty after getting roflstomped by the very first boss in the game. I'm sorry but that mode is not well balanced at all and almost ruined one of the best games I've ever played 😕

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Yeah I agree with resorting to grinding if you run out of any other strategies. Except for when I played DQXI on hard difficulty, then proceeded to nope the heck out of it and restart with normal difficulty after getting roflstomped by the very first boss in the game. I'm sorry but that mode is not well balanced at all and almost ruined one of the best games I've ever played 😕
Typically for me in DQ games I will try to challenge the final boss and get my but kicked and then grind and kick their but without a single one of my party members fainting.

I remember that with DQVII I spent maybe 20+ hours grinding to get to the top of the monster heart tree because I couldn't make it pass phase of the boss and then the next time I challenged the boss it was all a cake walk.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I'm busy as well:

It is supposed to be good and it is on my list. But first I need to craft new boots ;)

Holy shit it runs on Athlon.
Can't resist answering to a post that praises DS optimization, Urge is too strong...

It runs well on an old r5 1400, likes single core speed (9900k with 8c/8t at 5GHz) but will also take advantage of 12c/24t (best minimum performance by far). That's pretty good CPU optimization in my opinion. Makes me wonder about HZD and future Sony games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cordelia

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
A little trivia:

I have found someone who has opened 318 booster packs for the same game, and he has received 15 foil cards out of 954 total cards.
That would mean that:
  • the drop-rate of foil cards is about 1.57%,
  • you have on average 4.72% chance to get one when you open a pack. Basically, you would earn a foil card for opening a set of 21-22 packs.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Not sure if it's sad or funny to see ubi pine after that steam cash after having a farcry sale they now have an AC sale. Sure I get they had that event recently but I thought they didn't like steam anymore.
I'm a bit fucking tired of those sales cause' they are fucking my metrics and patters, you know? I try to calculate trends and those sales always diverge the curves :blobweary::blobweary::blobweary:

UBI, IF YOU ARE IN, YOU ARE IN, IF NOT, DON'T FUCK MY MATH!

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Any BallisticNG fans here? Well, regardless, you should be. This game is arcade racing bliss!
And, most importantly, a new update came out yesterday alongside an expansion.

I been playing this again after getting the expansion and yes it's great. I definitely should stick a lot more time into it. It's on the permanent "installed" list because I really like it and I bought the expansion day one. I just need to actually play it more.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I been playing this again after getting the expansion and yes it's great. I definitely should stick a lot more time into it. It's on the permanent "installed" list because I really like it and I bought the expansion day one. I just need to actually play it more.
Yeah the new tracks are excellent. I think I’ll be picking up the soundtrack down the line to support the developer some more. Apparently it’s just a two person team and one of them also composed most of the music. Incredibly talented people.

A little disheartening that this game isn’t more popular but I guess it is a niche and not particularly the most accessible racing game.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Oh man I need a desktop DAC that has optical in and either 3.5 or 6.5 out and an amp. Then I need an isolated cable for my external speakers. What to gettttt !!!

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I suppose it's illegal to download .apk or whatever the name of Android apps ?
Toying with the idea of emulating some gacha.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Nothing illegal about it, you don't have to use Google's walled garden if you don't want to.
Totally legal, but beware on where you download them from.
Oh, that's nice ! So I can ask where people on Meta get them ? :tightly-closed-eyes:
Again, no piracy in mind, I just want to try things like SinoAlice.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I mean I could simply try SINo on the old Ipad 4, but something tells me it won't run well...
I really need to contact Apple for the dead Ipad Pro.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Not sure if it's sad or funny to see ubi pine after that steam cash after having a farcry sale they now have an AC sale. Sure I get they had that event recently but I thought they didn't like steam anymore.
Division 2 sold below expectations, GR:BR sold below expectations, reception for AC:V seems to be mediocre, people don't care for Uplay+, they are involved in a mayor scandal that started to gather even more force with today's article.

I wouldn't be surprised if going back to Steam is the only way they are going to be able to survive long term. But first they need to clean house, furiously!

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I wonder what Tim Sweeney thinks about the situation at Ubisoft, since he is paying them the big bucks, after he said that a christian man using his game to preach to a muslim child and telling that they are going to hell is fine because of free speech, if he thinks that people from Ubisoft are all good doing what they are doing because of free speech also.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Typically for me in DQ games I will try to challenge the final boss and get my but kicked and then grind and kick their but without a single one of my party members fainting.

I remember that with DQVII I spent maybe 20+ hours grinding to get to the top of the monster heart tree because I couldn't make it pass phase of the boss and then the next time I challenged the boss it was all a cake walk.
The only DQ games I've played so far are 1-4,8.11. I finished all of them except for 8. The only one that I needed to grind a bit in was 2, but that one is apparently not very well tested towards the end (Which reminds me of the first Mother game. I don't think I've ever played a worse balanced final dungeon in a JRPG ever!). I hear that DQVII might be the longest in the series so I'm not surprised that you needed to grind for what seems like end game stuff, but 20+ hours? Damn 😵 😵

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
after he said that a christian man using his game to preach to a muslim child and telling that they are going to hell is fine because of free speech
what?

I wonder what Tim Sweeney thinks about the situation at Ubisoft, since he is paying them the big bucks
He doesn't care. He just says what he thinks will give him more costumers or make him look good. Often contradicting himself, or looking like a hypocrite.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
How is the game, by the way? Closer to AssCreed, or Horizon Zero Dawn?
Probably the last two Assassin's Creeds. easy to get sidetracked etc... Heaps of side quests but the mechanics are far more interesting.

Reactions: Kvik

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
what?

He doesn't care. He just says what he thinks will give him more costumers or make him look good. Often contradicting himself, or looking like a hypocrite.
Sweeney lost all pretense and right to credibility with the heel-face turn he made from criticizing Microsoft to pulling exclusivity deals out of his hat. He is gaming's equivalent to a rotten politician.

Status
Not open for further replies.