Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I applied thermal paste. I'm a man now. A full member of the tribe.

And I can join the chorus of 'it's not hard, calm down', even though I'm half convinced I borked the job.
It's not applying the paste that's the problem, it's the fucking fixation of the cooler.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
it's the fucking fixation of the cooler.
AMD stock coolers are the most annoying ones. Always were. Literally everything else is more comfortable.
From now on out it is only going uphill.
How are temps?

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
AMD stock coolers are the most annoying ones. Always were. Literally everything else is more comfortable.
From now on out it is only going uphill.
How are temps?
Just browsing meta and watching a trailer, peak 59c, avg 49c
Keep in mind I'm still open case.

How is this ? Sign that I botched the paste ? Or cool temp ?

High temp were during Ryza 2 trailer :tightly-closed-eyes:

• Toucan
Reactions: Swenhir

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
I applied thermal paste. I'm a man now. A full member of the tribe.

And I can join the chorus of 'it's not hard, calm down', even though I'm half convinced I borked the job.
It's not applying the paste that's the problem, it's the fucking fixation of the cooler.
Well done!

...but what do you mean not hard? It's actually really difficult getting the right amount!

Last edited:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Just browsing meta and watching a trailer, peak 59c, avg 49c
Keep in mind I'm still open case.

How is this ? Sign that I botched the paste ? Or cool temp ?

High temp were during Ryza 2 trailer :tightly-closed-eyes:
I'm reaching 55°C peak on my CPU while in windows and that's with a 360mm AIO. I'd say 59°C is nothing to worry about.

But how are gaming temps, especially during those games that were reaching 90°C+ previously?

Did you do it correctly though?
You take the verge video somewhere else. It's banned over here :face-throwing-a-kiss:😆

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I applied paste for the first time a few months ago, was getting crazy temps (cpu is very old and was still running on original paste).
Considering it was several months ago and I never go passed the low 60's I think it went well.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I am writing the review for Death Stranding and I was trying to come up with a three-word descriptive subtitle in the vein of "tactical espionage action". To those who've played the game, how does "planned social delivery" sound?

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Oh right, I was somehow aware of the reputation of this one being hard.
I assume Persona is not then?
Persona has a wider range of difficulty options. P4G even has a custom difficulty setting where you can tailor the experience to your needs.
I am writing the review for Death Stranding and I was trying to come up with a three-word descriptive subtitle in the vein of "tactical espionage action". To those who've played the game, how does "planned social delivery" sound?
Tactical Hiking Accident

• Love
  • Toucan
Reactions: ISee and Alexandros

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Hideo Kojima Game
Build Road Please
Hey Mine’s Heavier

Reactions: ISee

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Ubisoft certainly won't see my money for a very long time (if ever).
Same here. It's a combination of many things they did that I don't like: spamming boring and repetitive games, boycotting Steam, canceling smaller projects like Child of Light 2, making uPlay points invalid after a year, adding a Battle Pass in R6 Siege, their ridiculous subscription model for trackmania etc etc etc. Not giving them my money anymore until lots of things change.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Not sure if it was mentioned here already, but the excellent souls-like metroidvania Blasphemous gets free DLC on August 4:

Very recommended game imo, and this free DLC is very generous ☺

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Release a game at the end of the current Generation? Sure, you probably worked several years on it.

Releasing a Remaster at the end of the current Generation? WHY? If you remaster a game, remaster it for the newest Generation and not for an 8-year-old system. it is not even cross-gen.
(the PS4 buyers will be soooooo pissed if the PS5 version is announced in a few months)

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
One thing I forgot to say about RDR2 is that I played it with mouse and keyboard and couldn't for the life of me do it with a controller. It feels like a different game, and not due to the aiming or movement. Navigating menus and maps is so slow. Might have been a muscle memory thing, but it's the first time in a while this has happened. I couldn't, for example, do TW3 with M&K.

Could be how closer it is to a sim game than straight up action these days. Game loves using all of Enter, F, Spacebar for different action confirmations, and also using ESC, Backspace, and F again for cancelling non-interchangeably depending on the context, which was annoying as fuck, considering how many are press and hold functions.

Last edited:

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Instant-Gaming lists God of War and Days Gone for Steam.

Unreliable I suppose but you never know.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Instant-Gaming lists God of War and Days Gone for Steam.

Unreliable I suppose but you never know.
I hope it is true just to witness the meltdowns

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I hope it is true just to witness the meltdowns
It's not looking good unfortunately, Instant-Gaming is known for listing just about anything that has been making the rounds. Shady does not even begin to describe this site.
They list a Banjo-Kazoie remake as well.....Riiiight.

And of course Bloodborne on PC but at least we know that one is coming.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Woo Nocturne. Hopefully, we won't have to wait for years for the PC version.
Hopefully just a few months or at most, a year, fingers crossed :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: ISee

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
OMFG

GOG Galaxy is fucking amazing.

Uplay, Steam, Xbox, Epic, Origin, Gog ALL INTERGRATED FUCKERS.

Really nice artwork for like 99% percent of the games I own as well.

Try it out!!!!!

All this talk of Nocturne and it's not the one I'm waiting for at all

Can we get Atlus to get this one re-released on modern pc platforms as well?
Oh I own the big box version of this. Its currently in the attic.... Unfortunately its on my "toss" list but I'll keep the disks.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Oh wow, I didn't want to get my hopes up about SMT on PC but if Nocturne is getting remastered (and coming to more than one platform), then yeah I fully expect it on Steam at some point. Hopefully it's the first of many, I need all the other PS2 SMT titles on PC! Especially since Nocturne is the only one I actually played lol.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I wonder if this version of Nocturne will be FEATURING DANTE FROM THE DEVIL MAY CRY(tm) SERIES.

Status
Not open for further replies.