Community MetaSteam | July 2021 - Corporate Propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Ys 9 impressions from the beginning of Chapter 5.

It's good. I'm really digging the character designs, gameplay is Ys 8 but with better traversal options which are super fun. Bosses are as fun as ever, though so far they've been on the easier side, there were only 2 where I really had to try a lot of times (on Nightmare) [UWSL][UWSL]Dragia Haman[/UWSL][/UWSL] and [UWSL][UWSL]Malefious [/UWSL][/UWSL]. Also liking the characters, [UWSL][UWSL]Hawks in particular is a riot, something that I wouldn't have thought possible after his initial introduction[/UWSL][/UWSL].
The one downside is that Balduq just isn't as inherently interesting as Seiren. "Go explore this city" just doesn't give you the same sense of wonder as "Go explore this mysterious unexplored island", even though it's clear that there's more than meets the eye to it.
Also doesn't help that while graphically it's more competent then Ys 8, the locales so far haven't been that aesthetically interesting.

But still much fun overall.
The price point is really a hard pill to swallow though and I don't think NISA does itself any favors with it.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Wish I could love Outer Wilds as much as other people did, but I just found it increasingly frustrating to play by the end. well worth playing though
I loved Outer Wilds setting and the discovery of it, but sometimes part of it was frustrating because of the way I typically play games.
I ended up using cheatengine to freeze the time loop on some runs because I just wanted to explore in peace.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I loved Outer Wilds setting and the discovery of it, but sometimes part of it was frustrating because of the way I typically play games.
I ended up using cheatengine to freeze the time loop on some runs because I just wanted to explore in peace.
Yeah, the sand planet in particular is frustrating as hell

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
This is maybe growing on me. At first I thought it's too childish/too different to main MonHun but it works way better for the genre with the QOL and everything. It might still be a bit too grindy to fine tune your roster but it seems to have features for that, like instant victories against monsters way weaker to yourself etc.

It might still have flaws like a too linear/limited story as well as monster roster if the latter railroads you too much to certain few by the progression etc., will see.

Last edited:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I just completed (100%) Ender Lilies.

It really holds up throughout. The platforming/speed challenge and 2-phase final boss required for the true ending are both quite challenging, but manageable. A lot of its pacing and design is very clearly inspired by Hollow Knight, but it's not like that is a bad thing. And the spirit mechanics do give it a very different gameplay twist and more combat choice/variety.

Great game, I think everyone who likes the Metroidvania genre should give it a try.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I can’t fucking sleep ! As soon as I close an eye it’s the same old rollercoaster of shit. Wasted opportunities, loved ones who are so dearly missed, my own mortality…
I didn’t even want to play FF14, I swear !

Well, I guess I could do some tribal quests, maybe dust off my healer :so-good-blob:

Fucking insomnia.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
I can’t fucking sleep ! As soon as I close an eye it’s the same old rollercoaster of shit. Wasted opportunities, loved ones who are so dearly missed, my own mortality…

Well, I guess I could do some tribal quests, maybe dust off my healer :so-good-blob:

Fucking insomnia.
We all would love to change so many things from our past, but unfortunately none of us can. What we can control (admittedly to a certain degree) is our present. I know it's not always that simple, but try to savor the moment and not dwell too much on things out of your control. And at the risk of sounding too reductionist, none of us is guaranteed even one more day, or even less, to exist, so even the tiniest, most trivial pleasures should be treasured buddy :cat-heart-blob:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

Fucking insomnia.
Here's something that I have started to incorporate more into my thinking, is that what ever happened couldn't have happened any other way. Sure it's surrendering to determinism but thinking about stuff like that you realise that the reason stuff happened the way they did, had a reason and a cause, thinking about what could have been, is ignoring those two crucial parts.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Steam or my media PC is trying to fuck me.

I was downloading a small 1,5 gig game on my media PC and it was constantly downloading at 50 kbps to 150 kbps instead of the normal 11mbps. I tried changing downloadservers, emptying cache, restarting steam every so often, pausing and restarting the download, nothing helped.

I said fuck it and started the download on my gaming PC (it is also my WFH work PC so I don't game on it just an hour before starting my shift). That Pc downloaded the game with 11mbps an was finished in 2 minutes. meanwhile my media PC looked at my gaming PC and SUDDENLY, just minutes after the other PC was finished downloading, that fucker remembered he can download faster and also finished the download with max mbps.

• Eyes
Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Fucking insomnia.
I can definitively relate there but I think what is keeping you awake may be more complicated. You seem like you are blaming yourself on top of having to endure something rather impossibly hard.

I tend to focus on what gives me hope in those moments. Ways out that I feel can work. Things that put all this sadness and fear into perspective.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018

Fucking insomnia.
I hate those early hours. Dwelling on what could have been. What should have been.

50 told ever closer for me and I find myself realising that I am no longer on contact with any friends from my school days. My only friend from that time passed away a free years back from Cancer. He was my last reminder of those days.

I think I should be in a better position than I am. I am not good with money and that can be seen in my small apartment flat.

I am alone. Not sure why. Never been great at opening up to others on an intimate level.

My health isn't what it should be either. I eat too much exercise too little.

And sometimes i lie there feeling on all this. Not being able to sleep.

But I have to remind myself. I still have friends who help me through all this. They are there for the highs and lows.

I am also lucky enough that I still have the love of my immediate family. They have been there all the way through, thick and thin.

And so I remember that I am extremely lucky. There are people who still care out there.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
There will be an accessibility mode in Psychonauts 2:

I know Celeste had one, even though I did not use it. Recently, I have seen lots of similar options in Chicory. In P2, it could be useful.
Celeste's accessibility options where very good. Allowed you to tweak things like stamina as well as invincibility.

Glad I am on PC where we can use cheat engine. Every game has God mode. And the options to make them more difficult if you are so inclined.

• Eyes
Reactions: xinek and Tomasety

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
There will be an accessibility mode in Psychonauts 2:

I know Celeste had one, even though I did not use it. Recently, I have seen lots of similar options in Chicory. In P2, it could be useful.
While I'll never use this, I wholeheartedly wish any and all games would begin offering stuff like this. Let the player engage with the game however they wish to.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto

Wow. Just wow. They fixed the sound issue. My expectations for this fix was at -100%.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Did my weekly run on Valheim over the weekend.

The third boss, much like the swamp region is such a hike in the difficulty curve. Took three of us 30 minutes to take it down.

Admittedly two of us where underpowered. Neither of us had iron armour on our weapons.

But was great fun.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
This is so stupid I believe it lmao. It is totally possible to mod and acquire the assets from the console version but the senior management of Johnny's probably don't know about these things. Johnny's don't even like their talents having Instagram. I once heard from a friend that you need to pay for a fan club membership to read some diary entries written by their talents.

Well then, need to put Judgement back into my PS5 purchase list again.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
That Judgment stuff is wild.
I can totally believe that there's still an ass-backwards company like this around though.
But what's equally wild is SEGA just going "Well if you don't let us release on Steam, we'll just scrap the franchise cause it's not worth it." Whew.

Dec 5, 2018
But what's equally wild is SEGA just going "Well if you don't let us release on Steam, we'll just scrap the franchise cause it's not worth it." Whew.
It makes sense if your data tells you that the amount of money you're leaving on the table is big ... but coming from SEGA is ... weird.

Jiggaloboy

Apr 17, 2019
Finally getting around to Life is Strange 2, just finished Episode 2. Really liking it so far, but
damn both episodes so far have been a kick in the balls. RIP Mushroom.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.