Community MetaSteam | July 2021 - Corporate Propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.

moemoneyb1

MetaMember
Mar 29, 2021

Wow. Just wow. They fixed the sound issue. My expectations for this fix was at -100%.
Maybe they'll fix up Final Fantasy XIII.......but they most likely won't

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I have played a bit of Dragon Quest XI thanks to PC Game Pass. The game is interesting in some ways: riding the horse, platforming, stealth mission in the sewers, etc. However, the main quest has been extremely linear so far (based on this IGN walkthrough, I am in the middle of chapter 3 out of 12): no choice in dialogues, and relatively straightforward paths thanks to the map with markers. Does it open up or is it going to be hand-guided all the way through? It would not be an issue, it is just surprising.

Also, I wonder if I have chosen the easy mode, as I have not encountered any troublesome fight despite evading most encounters on the world map.

• Eyes
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Hello Friend,

It's a slow day at the office so we decided to amuse ourselves.
You are cordially invited to help raise and then smash the dreams and hopes of a well-known dino-obsessed internet persona. We hope you will join us in our venture, it'll be fun. Details to follow.

wiggles arms
RAWR

CAPCPOM

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
This is just a selection of my video game related books :blobmorning2:

Great... now I need to know where to get those Dark Souls and Half Life books!!! :blobdrool::blobdrool::blobdrool:

Only 3 books on 'Books I'll never read' shelf?
Not quite. I'm moving to a new place and just assembled the new book shelf and new shelf needs new books ;) Their older brothers will join them in the next couple of days.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
not speculative but from a gossip publication so not really something I would get without grains of salt just in case.

EDIT: Also, it's summer and I feel like shit so it's absolutely normal to feel tired about everything.
Granted it's a google translate (I assume), but there's definitely a lot of speculative language in the bit you posted earlier.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Been playing some tower defense games with a friend lately and didn't realize Orcs Must Die 3 comes out later this month after its Stadia exclusivity.

By the way recommend me some coop tower defense games. (Played Orcs Must Die 2 and am currently Pixeljunk Monsters)

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Been playing some tower defense games with a friend lately and didn't realize Orcs Must Die 3 comes out later this month after its Stadia exclusivity.

By the way recommend me some coop tower defense games. (Played Orcs Must Die 2 and am currently Pixeljunk Monsters)
Of the top of my head Sanctum and Sanctum 2 had decent co-op, up to 4 players.

Been a while since I played them, but used to love be these games.

Reactions: Blu

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
That Judgment stuff is wild.
I can totally believe that there's still an ass-backwards company like this around though.
But what's equally wild is SEGA just going "Well if you don't let us release on Steam, we'll just scrap the franchise cause it's not worth it." Whew.
I'm afraid KimuTaku is the main reason Judgment exists. There's probably a clause on his contract that states that he cannot be replaced.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018

All-new in-game achievements

- The addition of 25 achievements for the completionist in you.

A boss rush to test your skills
- A challenging feature that pits you against all 13 bosses one after another. Aim to beat all bosses in the shortest possible time to achieve the highest possible rank.

Bestiary and image guides
- Addition of a bestiary, weapons list and magic list to help you learn more about the Lodoss world

A New Game+ mode for those looking for a bigger challenge
- Includes 5 new modes such as "1 HP", "Spirit Level 1", and "Level 1".
You get to take on the challenge of trying to finish the game with 1 HP or staying at Level 1 for the entire playthrough.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
There is some irony to Humble having a 'Big in Japan' sale which price matched the summer sale prices for various Bamco, S-E, etc. games
and it not including NISA...
Since SEGA/JP is the main topic I checked the sale for interesting deals and I found out the best of all.

I can't believe it could have gone far worse than this.

Last edited:

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018
I think I recall Patrice Desilets saying in some interview few years back that they killed Kristen Bell's character in Assassin's Creed because she was getting too difficult to work with or expensive or something. Details are a bit hazy.

If Sega wanted to, they could make the next Jydgement game with a new protag, after all they just succesfully switched the protag in Yakuza too.
If I remember right she'd originally signed on for three games for her voice acting and her likeness and once her contract was up she was asking for more than Ubi was willing to pay so they just killed her character at the end of Brotherhood.
test invites went out earlier today
The last have I went dino hunting in was Elex, so it looks like this means testing for Jax hunting for more toy dinos in Elex II! :blobily:

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
Billy Mays has a reliable source that Bloodborne: Remastered is going to be announced soon for Playstation 5 and PC. It is currently being developed by NIXXES and will release Q4 2022. It will feature completely remade assets with uncapped framerates.

Well he CAN sell everything.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
FOUL TARNISHED...

IN SEARCH OF THE BLOODBORNE

EMBOLDENED BY THE FLAME OF AMBITION

SOMEONE MUST EXTINGUISH THY FLAME

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
SEGA were perfectly happy to release Playstation exclusives until very recently so I can't say I buy the whole "No Steam No Judgment" thing. I can believe the moronic talent agency thing but not that they'd cancel the entire series over being unable to release on Steam.

• Eyes

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
SEGA were perfectly happy to release Playstation exclusives until very recently so I can't say I buy the whole "No Steam No Judgment" thing. I can believe the moronic talent agency thing but not that they'd cancel the entire series over being unable to release on Steam.
Let's be real the most likely reason is that the agency is asking for more money lol

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Let's be real the most likely reason is that the agency is asking for more money lol
Cancelling the series altogether could also be an empty threat by SEGA as a negotiation tactic, I suppose.

But if the talent agency is actually being this unreasonable/stupid, then they should just recast the dude imho. Like, fuck him and fuck his agency. With a game you can easily go back and replace any single character model. Probably not feasible to hire someone to rerecord all the voice acting, though. But get the guy's likeness out of the series entirely and don't work with him on future games if he insists on staying with this moronic agency.

Like, I understand needing some control over how your client's likeness is used and maybe I'm just an idiot who simply can't grasp the (I'm sure) deeply nuanced intricacies of talent management but I'm really struggling to grasp how marketing material that looks like this benefits your client in any fucking way whatsoever lmao.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
But if the talent agency is actually being this unreasonable/stupid, then they should just recast the dude imho. Like, fuck him and fuck his agency. With a game you can easily go back and replace any single character model. Probably not feasible to hire someone to rerecord all the voice acting, though. But get the guy's likeness out of the series entirely and don't work with him on future games if he insists on staying with this moronic agency.
I mean, KimuTaku is one of Japan's most famous actors. Imagine having a series with Leonardo DiCaprio only to drop him at the next game for a look a like.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I mean, KimuTaku is one of Japan's most famous actors. Imagine having a series with Leonardo DiCaprio only to drop him at the next game for a look a like.
I get that but if not being able to release on Steam truly is that big of a deal for SEGA then it seems to me like he's more trouble than he's worth. I mean, I had never heard of him until now and I'm sure I'm far from being the exception as far as the game's potential audience goes. By all means correct me if I'm wrong here but it doesn't sound like he's known quite on the level for that comparison to really work.

They could also keep him for the Asian release and use someone else for the rest of the world but that might enter "not worth the trouble" territory.

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.