Community MetaSteam | July 2021 - Corporate Propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

I went back to play the game yesterday since SE offered a free login campaing and my impressions were really solid. I left the game when 2.0 launched and the game has added a lot of features since then and as a newbie I was a bit overwhelmed by so many tutorial texts.

If you can afford it (I cant) and don't mind the anime style I believe its probably one of the best mmorpgs out there.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
I hope that Valve manages to ramp up production. It would be unfortunate if Steam Deck's sales success is stunted because Valve can't keep up with demand.
it all really depends on how quickly they can get them out, if they can do a steady and fast production of them then we'll be good, but i swear to god, if Valve doesn't make an individual stockpile of steamdecks specifically reserved for the countries that can't reserve now
i don't want to fucking compete with scalpers
and just saw that Gabe himself replied to my email, wishing me luck for university (and seemingly confused by how I wrote my name (but to be fair, i dont know myself)), HE'S THE ONLY ONE, LITERALLY ONE OF THE GREATEST FIGURES IN THE INDUSTRY AND COMMUNITY OF VIDEO GAMES

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

I went back to play the game yesterday since SE offered a free login campaing and my impressions were really solid. I left the game when 2.0 launched and the game has added a lot of features since then and as a newbie I was a bit overwhelmed by so many tutorial texts.

If you can afford it (I cant) and don't mind the anime style I believe its probably one of the best mmorpgs out there.
Yeah, FFXIV is arguably the best MMO these days. While WoW is declining, FFXIV is ever growing each year. I think one of the major reasons and differences from WoW is that FFXIV is not just end-game focused but also community driven.

It has its Final Fantasy charms to it, but I wouldn't say FFXIV is anime styled.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I have one of the versions of XIV (Heavensward?), but this here simpleton never should've registered that (for one because I never played it) so I could still access the free to start trial :notlikethisblob:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Dear Esther 2 here we gooooo!

That seems like an awful lot for Sumo, but I guess I'm not really up on the going rates for studio acquisitions.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: lashman

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
ATLUS has many works under development, which will bring several surprises to players in the future

In an interview with Famitsu, Naoto Hiraoka, managing director and director of console games under ATLUS, revealed some future plans for ATLUS.
-"Persona" hopes to hold events in as many places as possible, not only in Japan, but also overseas.
-In the future, we will focus on the development of Vanillaware's works and other ATLUS IPs
-We have many works under development, including those that have been announced and those that have not yet been announced, so that we can meet with players as soon as possible.
-In addition to the 25th anniversary plan of "Persona", there are also plans to bring players a number of surprises.
Source: アトラス「今後いくつかのサプライズを届けたい」「ヴァニラウェア作品にも引き続き力を入れていく」

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Dunno about flop. It caught people's eyes but dropped off quickly Steam Charts says it's running around 200 players consistantly.
It's still Early Access so people have probably played it and are waiting for it to be more fleshed out, they don't want to burn out on it before it's out?

I have no idea what would represent good numbers for it or if it'll do better on xbox & playstation maybe.

Reactions: TheGreenArrow

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Heads up to Okami owners.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Heads up to Okami owners.
Nice to see that they patch an older game. While annoying for current owners, I guess future owners just won't have to think about it anymore.

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
Dunno about flop. It caught people's eyes but dropped off quickly Steam Charts says it's running around 200 players consistantly.
It's still Early Access so people have probably played it and are waiting for it to be more fleshed out, they don't want to burn out on it before it's out?

I have no idea what would represent good numbers for it or if it'll do better on xbox & playstation maybe.
From what I saw on the stream, Phantom Abyss actually feels too slow-paced than what one'd expect. The game encourages stopping frequently to check all nooks and cranny for loot chests.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Was Phantom Abyss kind of a flop? I checked it out on Twitch yesterday and I think there were like 25 total viewers
Totally unrelated but since I saw this piece of news regarding the game in question I thought I could take a moment and share it

The first portion of the announcement is really emotional. It almost made me cry inside.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Kiru

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Was Shenmue III free on GMG and I didn't realize it? I don't get how their treat of the day works...

EDIT: Seems so. I thought "no way" and kept looking for some other meh game, but seems that one was the treat... Says out of stock now when you want to put it in cart... 0 out of 3 for me lol....

• Sad

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
The amount of devs adding tags to titles is stupidly high

It is stupid that devs are trying to exploit a search feature and risking the feature having to be removed. Ironically it would probably be these same devs who would complain about a drop in discovery.

Hopefully the exploit can be fixed without removing tag searching. Not sure if the play is to limit searches to only so many characters, limit titles to library names, ban devs who are clearly are exploiting, and/or etc.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Was Shenmue III free on GMG and I didn't realize it? I don't get how their treat of the day works...

EDIT: Seems so. I thought "no way" and kept looking for some other meh game, but seems that one was the treat... Says out of stock now when you want to put it in cart... 0 out of 3 for me lol....
I personally think it was not free. I know Wario64 tweeted about that but I'm not sure whether he tried to redeem the game before tweeting firstly.

In Europe or at least in Spain the game was out of stock before the promo went live so I highly doubt it was on purpose free, more like a mistake fr0m GMG by manually putting the wrong game on the promo.

Last edited:

Kiru

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I personally think it was not free. I know Wario64 tweeted about that but I'm not whether he tried to redeem the game before tweeting firstly.

In Europe or at least in Spain the game was out of stock before the promo went live so I highly doubt it was on purpose the free, more like a mistake fr0m GMG by manually putting the wrong game on the promo.
Could be true. I tried it 1-2 minutes after the promo went live and it said out of stock when putting it in the cart.

• Sad

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Dear SteamOS team, talk to the BPM team and update the thing together, please. So much smoother in that video. for controller use. BPM is crying for such an update.
Also, I just want to say those IGN interviews looks really awkward - two tired looking Valve employees facing the camera, which is a different direction than the IGN interviewer who kinda stares off to the left vaguely at the Valve people.

Status
Not open for further replies.