Community MetaSteam | July 2021 - Corporate Propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Today I've decided to change the thermal paste on my ryzen 1600 after years and never doing it before, warmed up the cpu first and then went to take out the cooler and it fucking ripped the CPU off.... apparently it's not uncommon with ryzen + stock cooler/thermal paste.
Luckily nothing broke but my god....
this is exactly how it went (and it's basically the same build, I have a 350)

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

Another great bundle from Fanatical
I think or I believe tomorrow there will be another bundle from Fanatical featuring Breach and Clear and Tower of Time. I don't know much of the rest.

Reason: Added Humble Hearts of Iron Bundle
Last edited:

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
I remember playing Painkiller in a Radeon HD4850 and all of a sudden the screen went black but the game audio was still playing for 10 seconds after that. I had to reset the PC to get video again. It turns out Painkiller was running at 350+ fps and it overheated the GPU, and I assume the people at Sapphire were smart enough to prevent damage by implementing that failsafe/killing the image . 10 years later the card still works.

MetaMember
Oct 20, 2018
This might not be true at all as my friend sometimes makes up shit, and I don't have the technical knowledge to know if this is even possible, but a friend of a friend unlocked Dead Rising 4's frame rate with console commands on his laptop, and got 3000 fps for a second or two. His graphics card died, and his CPU was basically melted :toucan:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I'd put this into a spoiler tag.
The game wasn't out yet. It's not a spoiler...And nothing can't be seen by people who haven't played Cold Steel or Reverie :face-without-mouth:
You all dead inside or what!?;P

What a depressing thread. Great idea, but depressing.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The game wasn't out yet. It's not a spoiler...And nothing can't be seen by people who haven't played Cold Steel or Reverie :face-without-mouth:
Eh, Falcom puts what I'd call spoilers pretty openly into their trailers. But I can see where you coming from.

• Love
Reactions: Cacher

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019

It seems like Activision Blizzard is even worse than UbiSoft. Seems like Blizzard is a rotten company to its core.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Well it looks like that I made a deal with my friend from US regarding SteamDeck. He will get 64GB in December I think (his brother made order for him), and 256GB in Q2 2022 (order he made). So when he gets 256GB versio he will sell me his 64GB version.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018

It seems like Activision Blizzard is even worse than UbiSoft. Seems like Blizzard is a rotten company to its core.
Absolutely heinous stuff in there. They’re giving Ubi stiff competition in being utter trash.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
It is a case where it takes a lot of courage to attempt to change anything to a formula which works (money-wise), even more if the change consists in offering the content for free. He earns 600,000 € per year with his Patreon, and may lose a number of subscribers with a change like this. 👏

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

Fuck Activision and especially that POS CEO.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
GDC Awards
  • Best Audio: Hades (Supergiant Games) :fingergunsblob:
  • Best Debut: Phasmophobia (Kinetic Games)
  • Best Design: Hades (Supergiant Games) :fingergunsblob:
  • Best Mobile Game: Genshin Impact (miHoYo)
  • Innovation Award: Dreams (Media Molecule/Sony Interactive Entertainment)
  • Best Narrative: The Last of Us Part 2 (Naughty Dog/Sony Interactive Entertainment)
  • Best Technology: Microsoft Flight Simulator (Asobo Studio/Xbox Game Studios)
  • Best Visual Art: Ghost of Tsushima (Sucker Punch Production /Sony Interactive Entertainment) :cold-sweat:
  • Best VR/AR Game: Half-Life: Alyx (Valve)
  • Audience Award: Ghost of Tsushima (Sucker Punch Productions/Sony Interactive Entertainment) :cold-sweat:
  • Game of the Year: Hades (Supergiant Games) :fingergunsblob:
  • Pioneer Award: Tom Fulp
  • Lifetime Achievement Award: Laralyn McWilliams
IGF Awards
  • Audience Award: Arrog (Hermanos Magia and Leap Game Studios)
  • Excellence in Audio: Genesis Noir (Feral Cat Den) :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:
  • Best Student Game: Vessels (Local Space Survey Corps, LLC)
  • Excellence in Design: Teardown (Tuxedo Labs)
  • Excellence in Narrative: Umurangi Generation (Origame Digital/Playism) :peekphotoblob:
  • Excellence in Visual Art: Genesis Noir (Feral Cat Den) :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:
  • Nuovo Award: Blaseball (The Game Band)
  • Seumas McNally Grand Prize: Umurangi Generation (Origame Digital/Playism) :peekphotoblob:

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
And once again that's the fault of the hardware and not the software.
(As always, if user-level software can damage your hardware then either the hardware or the system-level software is broken)
Yeah, most laptop GPUs would cook themselves otherwise.

Reactions: lashman

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018

The part about the suicide… Jesus Christ

What a vile workplace culture. And let’s not forget that one Bobby Kotick was in the Epstein black book

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

I don't understand why it seems so hard to just... be a decent person. Or on the other hand, how it is possible that such awful people are getting away with what they're doing without any repercussions.
I haven't read the entire thing, but some of it is just "how are some of these people not in prison already!??".

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

What a vile workplace culture. And let’s not forget that one Bobby Kotick was in the Epstein black book
I read the article and that's the one that made me pale. This is absolutely awful.

I get the feeling that most workplaces at least keep up a pretense of being civilized but in games, somehow that pulls out the immature frat boy inside of some people who never learned boundaries. This is inexcusable, both from them and management. :(

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
GDC Awards
  • Best Audio: Hades (Supergiant Games)
At this point there should be a separate audio/music award whenever there's a Supergiant game running because it's always doing to win by default, just so other games/devs have a chance to be recognized.

Hate to be that guy but this is hardly a problem with company X or Y or in the game's industry, it's spreadout, it's everywhere, it's an effect of the economic status quo we live in of ever increasing growth and accumulation of wealth and power in an ever decreasing number of people and the fact states and governments are becoming more and more powerless with each passing day.

edit: Usualy people say "Don't hate the player, hate the game" but in reality the saying should be "Hate the player but especially hate the game".

Last edited:

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
At this point there should be a separate audio/music award whenever there's a Supergiant game running because it's always doing to win by default, just so other games/devs have a chance to be recognized
not grabbed the Hades soundtrack yet. Absolutely love all the Darren Korb music for all of Supergiant Games.

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Holy shit. Free shaders! :blobeyes:
yup ... and they're awesome too! especially after he added his version of DLSS (not actual DLSS, but works the same way ... and it's a billion times better than whatever AMD did, lol)

It is a case where it takes a lot of courage to attempt to change anything to a formula which works (money-wise), even more if the change consists in offering the content for free. He earns 600,000 € per year with his Patreon, and may lose a number of subscribers with a change like this. 👏
yup, it takes real balls ... i'm glad he made that decision, though ... it's a good one ... for his mental health alone

Status
Not open for further replies.