Community MetaSteam | July 2022 - Stray(t) out of Kowloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
Will FIFA 23 on PC be actually FIFA 23 or the legacy edition shit they've been pulling for years? It's more expensive this year so I expect a fully featured game.
First time buying an EA sports game on PC?
100% the legacy version.
its the same as the ps5 version

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

fuck you, Arc Sys!!!

and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, sony!
The +20% on the recommended Euro price for Spidey seems a bit weird or very outdated at least. Euro is 1:1 with USD right now, so 59.99$ is pretty much 59.99€. If Euro gets any weaker, then I expect publishers to raise it against the USD price.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Fuck this Sony spidey pricing. Will wait until it is max 30€
I'd encourage everyone to do the same. It'll go on sale sooner or later, and you gain nothing from playing a(ny) game first. Just more bugs, probably. (And it's not like the game will be only sold for a short period of time. )

(But yes, their pricing is garbage, of course)

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

As such, to ensure that Minecraft players have a safe and inclusive experience, blockchain technologies are not permitted to be integrated inside our Minecraft client and server applications nor may they be utilized to create NFTs associated with any in-game content, including worlds, skins, persona items, or other mods. We will also be paying close attention to how blockchain technology evolves over time to ensure that the above principles are withheld and determine whether it will allow for more secure experiences or other practical and inclusive applications in gaming. However, we have no plans of implementing blockchain technology into Minecraft right now.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Maybe that FIFA game will be the last one developed by EA.

Just purchased PS4 月姫 -A piece of blue glass moon- 株式会社ア (Tsukihime remake it's 40% sale on Japanese PStore. You need a japanese credit card since it's a cero Z game, and Sony in contrast to Nintendo don't let you to purchase +18 games with epoints. I managed to get a japanese CC ^^.)

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
The +20% on the recommended Euro price for Spidey seems a bit weird or very outdated at least. Euro is 1:1 with USD right now, so 59.99$ is pretty much 59.99€. If Euro gets any weaker, then I expect publishers to raise it against the USD price.
VAT?
it's such a shitty feeling - being priced out of a hobby :negative-blob: sigh
I mean:
a)

b)
☠

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Maybe that FIFA game will be the last one devolped by EA.
yes it will be, after that EA will call the series "EA Sports FC"

and FIFA will probably licence out their name to someone else

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The Euro price on Steam is with VAT, so you'd expect the Valve recommended Euro price to be higher, not lower. The store price on Steam likely does not include VAT in the US, since VAT is computed state by state, some US states don't even have it.

• Eyes

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
The Euro price on Steam is with VAT, so you'd expect the Valve recommended Euro price to be higher, not lower. The store price on Steam likely does not include VAT in the US, since VAT is computed state by state, some US states don't even have it.
I meant, why the EU prices are 20% over the US price

• This!

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I meant, why the EU prices are 20% over the US price
But they are not, are they? It's 60 USD and 60 EUR, so an exact match. And if we assume that USD is without VAT, then you actually pay less in Euro.
That price comparison tool seems to think the Valve recommndation is 49.99, which I doubt to be true anymore. Thus it claims that the actual price is 20% higher.
49.99 EUR has to be a very outdated value for a base USD price of 60. Maybe from back when 1 Euro got you nearly 1.5 USD. Around 2010 or so.

• Eyes

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Noice, more end game stuff, it sounds like the title updates can be much meatier than the already cool roadmap focusing on the monster additions hinted at.

Monster Hunter Rise does a shader compilation loading the first time the game is opened, more games need to do that, pretty baffling that a JP dev team gets this right and western ones don't:

It kinda does this every launch for me. Maybe faster than 1st? It opens slow with a lot of time in that screen, then the gauge pops up 3/4ths full and finishes fast.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I wish I was a pirate. Somehow. The money saved would be incredible. And given the current economy where going to the supermarket is playing Russian roulette with your bank account, where some types of meat are for higher classes of people, I wouldn’t feel that bad.
But I’m so used to a game being online, to achievements (that I don’t even care about) that I fear it wouldn’t feel like the real game.
Which, call me cynical, was the point to begin with. Publishers don’t add cheevos or social functions because they love them, it was always about creating soft drm.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Will be finishing up Stray tommorrow. Game has been a big joy to play.
Yeah, I’m really enjoying it.

Performance is a tad choppy at times on Steam Deck (though by no means unplayable - it never drops below 30fps), but on my PC I’m getting 110-120fps at 4K, 100% resolution scale and all settings max. Hardly any stutters to talk about.

But performance notwithstanding, it’s been an amazing game. Loving every second of it.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I wish I was a pirate. Somehow. The money saved would be incredible. And given the current economy where going to the supermarket is playing Russian roulette with your bank account, where some types of meat are for higher classes of people, I wouldn’t feel that bad.
But I’m so used to a game being online, to achievements (that I don’t even care about) that I fear it wouldn’t feel like the real game.
Which, call me cynical, was the point to begin with. Publishers don’t add cheevos or social functions because they love them, it was always about creating soft drm.
My time is as limited as my money nowadays so even when pirating I have a "currency" to spend - and a much more valuable one at that - so I'd rather just focus on things that are worth paying money for :steam_pigblanket:

Status
Not open for further replies.