Community MetaSteam | July 2022 - Stray(t) out of Kowloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
As part of the backlog blitz I've been playing edge of eternity on steam and it's...not good. The way the game plays and how jank the presentation is gives the impression of piranha bytes trying to make a jrpg, best way I can describe it.

If anything it's given me a new appreciation for the actual low budget jrpg series out there that I previously thought were too rough around the edges. Stuff like star ocean or tales of (before Arise).
I know you didn't intend it that way, but to me this is a pretty good sales pitch 😬
I should get back to it, only played the prologue so far.

Reactions: Tomasety

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I know you didn't intend it that way, but to me this is a pretty good sales pitch 😬
I should get back to it, only played the prologue so far.
It doesn't have the freedom or other things people usually take from PB games I just meant how stilted the characters and NPCs are and how rough the dialog is reminds me exactly of those games. I guess I expected too much from what was basically a kickstarter game years and years ago.

• Eyes

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
It doesn't have the freedom or other things people usually take from PB games I just meant how stilted the characters and NPCs are and how rough the dialog is reminds me exactly of those games. I guess I expected too much from what was basically a kickstarter game years and years ago.
Ah I see.
Yeah, that hasn't exactly bothered me the hour I played so far. You can definitely notice the lack of "budget" in the animations and so on, but I think it's really impressive for a massive 3D JRPG developed by 3 or 4 people.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

0.80€ for the first month. New subscribers only.

It might be handy in case something from EA goes on sale since you can get a 10% discount on EA digital purchases on Steam including full games, expansions, points packs, and more.
I assume this stacks for pre orders as well?

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Had the time for a little Stray last night. Really impressed by the artistic design. It hits a very specific style that I feel many games / media aim for but just miss.
GMG keys finally revoked.

Absolutely took full advantage :D

Wow that sucks. I missed that deal, but had no reason to think it was anything other than a short lived huge discount. Wasn't even like it was $1 or something...

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
  • Eyes

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
GMG keys finally revoked.
I am just annoyed GMG left the deal up for 12+ hours, which made me think it was not a glitch. I purchased and downloaded it on my metered internet, only to get the email the next day that they were going to remove it and not even toss a coupon or something, anything, to offset their mistake. Heck, I would have even taken a coupon for Ao4 deluxe even if it was more than the mistake price.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Decided to revisit Sonic Mania, it's just so good.

Under Whitehead's logo it says "friend of pixels and polygons alike".
Wouldn't it make more sense to say "friend of sprites and polygons alike"?

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Finally got to play for a bit after a week. Fun new quests. Just unlocked the first Seregios hunt, it looks like it will be fun but I don't have time tonight...
I wanna play more, stupid work :unamused-face:

Seregios armor looks too cool and the fight was fun (though there was nothing unexpected to deal with in terms of moves/combos/range from this either - or I'm simply better than I think, ha, no), maybe I'll farm it for the set. I'm not playing mkb, it's just the screenshot key mapped on the DS4 touchpad switching icons.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Steam Deck arrives tomorrow

I have my 1tb A1 SanDisk micro SD card on hand.

I also got some stuff from Dbrand suck as the screen protector and the breakdown skin.

I will likely put the skin on it after a day or two after making sure that my system is not defective.

It's almost time,by the way what are some of the helpful tips for starting out.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Gylt won't come
any idea why? Tequila Works owns the IP and it seems unlikely that Google has permanent exclusivity

fwiw I already played through it on a free Stadia Pro trial a while back; game isn't a masterpiece or anything but it deserves a bigger audience than it's ever going to get on Stadia

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.