Community MetaSteam | July 2024 - Summer arrived to Dawntrail

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!

Big thanks for taking part in those monthly threads!
Huge hugs for all of you there.

The First Descendant

The First Descendant is a free third-person cooperative action RPG shooter featuring high-quality graphics. Experience the fun of strategic boss fights through 4-player co-op and various unique characters, exciting gunplay, and looting. A variety of equipment is necessary for growth, and you can obtain them through clearing scenario missions within the game or in the World Missions where cooperation is crucial and battles with huge bosses.

The player becomes a Descendant in the game and is given a mission to fight against the invaders for the survival of humans and to protect the ‘Ingris continent’. The player can experience a spectacular story by growing stronger through various missions and stories to finally discover the Descendants' secret. You can also feel the First Descendant’s unique atmosphere through high-quality fields developed with Unreal Engine 5 and gain a new experience of reality and SF fantasy coexisting in one place.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: Dawntrail

Blue seas, clear skies, and boundless possibilities await in Dawntrail, the newest expansion pack for the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY XIV Online! Explore uncharted territories with familiar faces as you discover new tribes, confront formidable threats, and expand your horizons as hope's light dawns once more.

Though but freshly returned from the Thirteenth, the Warrior of Light is poised once more to embark upon the road to adventure.
In the nation of Tuliyollal, far to the west, claimants prepare to compete for the throne of the Dawnservant. Eorzea's champion is to accompany Wuk Lamat as her ally in this rite of succession─an endeavor which calls them across the glittering seas to the distant continent of Tural.

The contest ahead promises challenges far beyond simple combat as they navigate the unique cultures of Tuliyollal's many and diverse clans. Little by little will their journey unravel the mystery of the legendary golden city, and so begin a new tale for a new decade of FFXIV!

Once Human

The apocalypse changed everything. Human, animal, plant… all are infested by an alien creature – Stardust. As a Meta-Human, you can survive the contamination and use the power of Stardust. Play alone or join others to fight, build and explore. When the world is in chaos, you are our last hope.

You wake up in the middle of nowhere. You'll have to brace yourself for the cruelty of nature (from monsters to lack of food); however, Stardust's influence does not restrict to living things, it also affects the soil and water. Eating polluted food and drinking dirty water will reduce your Sanity. When your Sanity drops, your max HP would drop accordingly. To eat or not to eat, it's a question.

Battle numerous enemies that are once human, and challenge bosses from another dimension to gain powerful items and ease Stardust pollution. You are not only fighting for yourself, but also fighting for the survivors.

Anger Foot

Anger Foot is a lightning-fast hard bass blast of kicking doors and kicking ass. Crash through the caffeine-fueled fever dream of Shit City, putting the boot to a menacing menagerie of merciless gangsters.

Unleash the world's deadliest feet on a colorful cast of anthropomorphic enemies. Clearing out slums, sewers, and skyscrapers as you grab new weapons, unlock new sneakers, and upgrade your powers in absurd and wonderful ways. Kick and shoot your way to the exit as you leave behind a smoldering trail of shattered doors, broken bones, and crumpled energy drinks.

The Crust

Mine lunar resources, craft processing machinery, and power up your base with satellites and batteries. Unlock scientific advancements across three research trees to enhance your technological capabilities.

Streamline your resource management as you deploy conveyor belts and drones for seamless automation

Embark on lunar expeditions to unearth the moon's hidden secrets, deploying your rover to various locations and delving into the mysteries of humanity's newfound lunar habitat.

Engage in resource exchange with Earth through contracts, where your decisions have the power to shape their political landscape. Choose a faction to support or navigate the field strategically for maximum profit.

People are your most valuable resource. Keep track of your colonists' health, mood and needs. Hire the best experts and make sure they work as a team: it’s their unique traits and skills that will allow you to truly optimize your production and research!

Cataclismo

Cataclismo is a mix of real-time strategy and tower defense from the creators of Moonlighter. Defend the last bastion of humanity in a ruined world, building fortresses brick by brick to fend off waves of Horrors. Withstand the siege and rise above the haze in a story of hope, resilience, and community.

Architect by day, commander by night: you’ll need to gather up resources and use LEGO®-inspired mechanics to build your stronghold with tactical layouts, weather, traps, and troop placement in mind. When night falls, the hoards will arrive to try and tear everything down. With a realistic physics system, falling bricks will crush enemies and allies alike!

It is busy within the walls. Your citadel will get more efficient as you build specific key buildings and reach new prosperity levels. With each new update, new constructions, stronger soldiers, and destructive siege equipment will be unlocked, not least fire arrows to turn horrors into ashes. The higher the prosperity, the easier you will endure the siege.

Gestalt: Steam & Cinder

Join Aletheia and a vibrant cast of characters as they race to discover the secrets of the Steam City of Canaan. Clobber armies of Clockwork golems and hunt horrors that slither through depths once forgotten. Thwart the twisted schemes of Canaan’s corrupt overseers, the nefarious Comitium. Fight for mankind’s survival and reveal the dark and dangerous truths riveted into the very foundations of the Steam City.

Step into the shoes of Aletheia and tread the path of the Soldner, an elite mercenary of Irkalla who lives one job at a time. Take up the sword and gun, combining a slew of melee combos and deadly gunplay in staggering feats of skill that will leave your enemies reeling.

Chase down a frenzied mutant charging through the grimy stalls of the Irkallan Black Market, leap across the molten pools blazing in the eternal furnace of Fornax, and fight off hordes of blood-drunk Raiders that prowl the fathomless depths of the Scrap Sea in search of their malignant god.

Norland

The Empire has fallen, leaving in its place multiple successor kingdoms. The lords and ladies of these petty kingdoms squabble for control and influence – whether with cloak and dagger or sword and shield, families feud amongst themselves and against each other as greater threats cast a shadow across the land. Famines wreak havoc on the lives of the peasantry, warfare and disunity threaten the social order, noble families fall to decadence and hedonism, and beyond the borders of the old Empire, great armies of pillage and destruction form under the banners of invader-kings.

In these uncertain times, you must lead your small kingdom to greatness – and the members of your noble family to survival – in this medieval colony sim focussed on generating stories of great valor and vile treachery.

Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn

From games studio A44, makers of Ashen, comes an explosive Souls-lite, where Gods and guns collide in a battle for the future of humanity.

The Door to the Great Below has been opened unleashing the Gods and their armies of the Dead. The lands of Kian are besieged, the city of Dawn is on the brink of destruction. It’s time for the Coalition army to fight back. Embrace vengeance, gunpowder and magic as you embark on an epic journey to defeat the Gods, close the door and retake the world.

Step into the boots of Nor Vanek, an elite member of the Coalition army, joined by Enki, a mysterious fox-like companion, in their quest for vengeance against the Gods. Guided by Enki who shares his knowledge of the world with you, your combat skills and traversal capabilities will be imbued with his magical powers making you a duo to be reckoned with.

Flintlock retains elements of the souls-like genre and infuses it with rapid mobility resulting in dynamic and explosive combat. Weave in melee, gunpowder and magic in rhythmic battles where combos chain together to create a deadly dance. Use Nor's gunpowder abilities to exploit verticality to your advantage and deal death from above, or quickly recover from danger.

Unleashed upon the world, the vengeful Gods are on a rampage, intent on causing chaos and the downfall of mankind. Traverse the ravaged landscape of Kian, utilizing Enki's magic and portals to soar through the skies while confronting hordes of the undead. Discover new equipment, strengthen your weapons, and upgrade your gear in anticipation of the ultimate showdown against the Gods.

CONSCRIPT

CONSCRIPT is an upcoming survival horror game inspired by classics of the genre - set in 1916 during the Great War. CONSCRIPT will blend all the punishing mechanics of older horror games into a cohesive, tense, and unique experience.

In CONSCRIPT, you play as a French soldier searching for his missing-in-action brother during the Battle of Verdun. Will you be able to search twisted trenches, navigate overrun forts, and cross no-mans-land to find him, and ensure a home goes unbroken?

• Experience classic and methodical survival horror gameplay in a unique historical setting: the Battle of Verdun.
  • Highly re-playable with various difficulty settings, multiple endings, unlockable costumes and bonus weapons.

• Fend off a variety of enemy soldiers and combatants with a variety of WW1 melee weapons and firearms.
  • Survive in an intense, harrowing atmosphere boosted by a unique pixel art aesthetic and oppressive sound design.

• Navigate intricate level design that promotes item management and route planning, whilst solving complex environmental puzzles.
  • Distinct WW1 themed areas that intertwine and overlap.

Été

Été [pronounced /ay·tay/, French for "summer"] is a relaxing painting game made for people who love exploration and creativity. Step into the shoes of a budding painter who travels abroad to Montreal for a summer. Unleash color with your paintbrush to freely explore the city and capture its everyday wonders on canvas. Befriend locals by fulfilling their inspiring commissions or prepare an original expo in your very own art studio.

Use gorgeous watercolor to paint the world in 3D and reveal its wonders. Roam around peaceful open city scenes and bring them to life by filling them with color.

Everything you discover while exploring — from flowers to birds — is added to your album, an ever-growing compendium of stamps that you can then mix and match in your artworks.

Create gorgeous 2D watercolor artworks effortlessly with Été's unique canvas system. Any stamp collected in your album can be added to your composition, moved, resized, recolored, and even spun around in 3D!

Build your ideal creative nook by collecting furniture and arranging it your way with Été's flexible decoration system. Decorations can be placed precisely where you want them, combined into complex set pieces, and even recolored!

Earth Defense Force 6

2022 AD. The sequel to "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5" depicts the battle between the EDF and alien life forms that have suddenly attacked the Earth. Players take on the role of an EDF soldier in this third-person shooter in which they must destroy a large number of giant enemies.

Story:
The year is 2024 AD. Mankind has won the long battle against the unknown invaders. The enemy Primers are now gone and peace has returned to Mother Earth. However, the population has shrunk to 10% and the world was on the verge of collapse. The survivors fought against the remaining threats while trying their best to continue their recovery. Three years passed in the year 2027. In a new world without hope, the time has come to once again resist the fate of the Earth.

Save the future of Earth in the new world.
The identity of the invader that has long tormented Earth is finally revealed. A chain of deep despair that strikes in a devastated world for the first time in the series...But your presence as a soldier of the EDF will lead humanity to the greatest joy. Now you must face it with courage and wisdom.

The largest volume in the history of the series. Supports online co-op play.
The largest number of missions and weapons ever included. All missions support online co-op play for up to four players. Take control of four different soldier classes and fight alongside real EDF members from across the country.

Lost Castle 2

"Lost Castle 2" is a 2D Beat'em up Rogue-Lite game.

Featuring over 200 different weapons and armors, it introduces a diverse range of action mechanics and unique weapon skills!

More than 140 treasures with distinct effects. The more treasures you collect, the stronger you become, infusing each game session with changes and fresh excitement!

A variety of level scenes: Black Forest, Abandoned Village, Crystal Mountain, Black Castle Bridge, Black Castle, and more.
Over 10+ uniquely powerful bosses await your challenge!

The Dark Castle stands deep within the border mountains, a mysterious fortress. Reports from treasure hunters who have discovered the Dark Castle describe it as surrounded by exceptionally unique environments. Strange mutations have affected nearby creatures, and even mysterious Ethreals and Soul Crystals have been found. Everything indicates that the Dark Castle holds hidden secrets within...

A new adventure beckons for treasure hunters. Join the Treasure Hunters Guild, journey to the enigmatic Dark Castle, and embark on a fresh treasure-seeking expedition!

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar) or use our wonderful bot Mona (thanks Valdien)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I've been mainly a PC player all my life. But I almost always had underpowered hardware when I grew up, even into my twenties.
I would always make do anyway (I remember playing Deus Ex on a severly underpowered Pentium 166 Mhz with software rendering, averaging a 1-10 FPS throughout the game and still managing to complete it).

But there were a period of time, around 2005-2010 were I largely went over to console gaming.
Managed to get both a PS2 and an original XBOX really cheap second hand.

Back then, console games could be traded in and it was really worth it, while PC games had approximately zero value in the second hand market ( no changes there today LOL).
I had a lot of great memories as a kid/teenager playing PC games via Win 98 and XP.

But it was mostly a small handful of great games like Starcraft, Battlefield 2, Links 2003 and BF 1942. Some other niche strategy games too like Rise of Nations + Axis & Allies. Basically any cheap game I could convince my dad to buy when we went to some of the stores that sold PC games. The first Guild Wars game was also something I played back then along with Everquest. And yea I pirated a lot of shit during that time too because once certain PC/tech stores started closing down there was no way to really buy boxed PC games anymore. On top of that I didn't have any money to begin with at that age lol. Also the PC's we had in our house were always shared across 3 or 4 people so getting software and installing/troubleshooting shit was painful. Setting up and actually playing a game was an adventure in itself back then. The dial up and broadband era of internet also made everything even harder in terms of efficiency. PC gamers really don't how how good and easy they have it today.

Console gaming was definitely the way to go back in those times. PS1, PS2 and Gameboy color was the easiest way to play games back then for me. It was a powerhouse of variety with those systems. And yea trading in games was incredible. If you knew how to hustle mom n pop game stores you could play a lot of games without spending too much money every year. I used to trade Gameboy games like crazy with other kids in school and friends where I lived all had PS2/PS1/N64 systems. I even knew that one weird kid who had a Dreamcast so I even got to play a few games on that thing before SEGA killed it.

I think where PC gaming really took off was a combination of WoW, Orange Box (TF2) and Steam. Everything post 2007 was really incredible and shit like Skyrim pretty much solidified it forever.

I think the PS3 gen also hurt console gaming a lot. At least for me. I did buy one as a broke college student dishing out a lot of money but the user experience was atrocious and I was done with it very quickly. Console gaming stopped being fun and became an afterthought. Ever since like 2010 I never had the same respect for console gaming.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Can't believe we're halfway through 2024 already. It feels like I was just playing Rebirth a few weeks ago.

My 2nd half of the year goal is to get at least a few more games on my goty list. I'm still only at 1 for the year although there's still a few first half games I have to play (yakuza, unicorn overlord). I'm still going through the elden ring dlc but I've played enough of it to know it won't make it, in fact I think it's worse than the main game between the severe balance issues and most of the areas being pretty underwhelming (most legacy dungeons I've done so far have been shockingly short without any special aspects to them). I do like the art style though, whatever drugs the team takes they took more of it for this.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Finally got around to watching and finishing up the Fallout TV show.

And I have to say...it was pretty good. There was a few thing lacking with it like some atmosphere and ambience to the wasteland but its a small nitpick. I guess its the sacrifice you make going with a TV show vs a movie. It felt a bit cheap in some places and you can see the budget fluctuate throughout.

But yea congrats to Amazon and Bethesda. They found their new hit. The ratings were so big for this they will milk it now until the end of time. There is so much potential here and just like The Boys with GenV they can do spinoffs on the side telling so many dumb stories in the wastelands/vaults. They don't even have to follow the main characters or any of the season 1 stories going forward despite those teases in the end. They can literally do wtvr the fuck they want and it will be entertaining because that universe is just too funny and ripe for this streaming format.

I really hope those Mass Effect rumors/promises come to fruition at Amazon as well. That could be an incredible 3-4 season TV show if done right. Amazon has the money to make it look good too like LOTR/Fallout/Boys. it would be epic if done right. And be better than new Trek or even the Expanse.

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
I've been on a RTS kick recently. I've played through and finished Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness. I'm just about to finish Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal too.

Also playing through Dark Souls II again, specifically Scholar of the First Sin. I never played through the DLC.

Also, this new Steam recording feature is very convenient.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Nice thread Mor .

so, after no lifing Dawntrail over the weekend, I have hit the halfway point. The level 95 dungeon. So far there hasn’t been any of the big revelations of Shadowbringers or Endwalker yet. But then I don’t think it was ever meant to, as an introduction to a new world and a new adventure It is succeeding far better than a realm reborn.

For the new additions, I have stuck to my Warrior and Dancer, it’s difficult to tell. The QoL stuff is great. The new classes I won’t know until after the expansion. That’s the point I start looking at them.

so far the servers are holding up well. I think this is a mix of the new servers being in place and some of the WoW refugees returning to WoW.

All in all, it’s great seeing the world so lively.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
That's Fie, right?
Yeah, the one and only! :flare_utawaku:

Her dress is probably the best of her designs I've seen so far.

Last edited:

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Yeah, the one and only! :flare_utawaku:

Her dress is probably the best of her designs I've seen so far.

FWIW, it looks more like a blouse, corsette and skirt combo than a dress.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
July is interesting to me, as 3 of the 4 games I'm interested in will be on Game Pass.
I don't mind a cheaper month.

For reference...

Not GP
Norland

GP
Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn
Dungeons of Hinterberg
Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Almost forgot that this comes out this month:

There were rumours about both JSR and Crazy Taxi getting both single player priced remakes and live service reboots (though the source of those rumours is someone... questionable, to say the least, despite having been accurate about their SEGA/Atlus rumours).

If these end up being true, I don't mind the live service games existing, I can just ignore them and buy the remakes.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Almost forgot that this comes out this month:

There were rumours about both JSR and Crazy Taxi getting both single player priced remakes and live service reboots (though the source of those rumours is someone... questionable, to say the least, despite having been accurate about their SEGA/Atlus rumours).

If these end up being true, I don't mind the live service games existing, I can just ignore them and buy the remakes.
Midori's sources were internal SEGA documents from 2022 that have started circulating around other parts of the internet. The Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio things are true, as well as a Virtua Fighter reboot. There was also a Persona based Teamfight Tactics ripoff that was canned to focus on 5X.

I also saw another document that showed how much SEGA receives in moneyhats for various games. Off the top of my head, they got $20 million for Persona 3 Reload on Game Pass and around $1 million for the Yakuza games on GOG.

• Eyes
Reactions: ezodagrom

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
SEGA is your edgy Japanese anime company who makes the riskiest decisions.

1. Let's turn a turned-based game into an action game -> Sakura Wars 2019
2. Let's turn an action game into a turned-based game -> Yakuza 7 2020
3. We will make our edgy online shooter -> Hyenas, cancelled in 2023
4. We will release SUPER GAME. It is so SUPER that it will stand head and shoulders above normal games -> ???
New! -> 5. Let's turn Crazy Taxi into a GaaS

Yakuza 7 paid off. But others... sure what can go wrong?