Community MetaSteam | July 2024 - Summer arrived to Dawntrail

KingKrouch

Dec 14, 2021
Looks like EastAsiaSoft is publishing one of the few remaining Compile Heart games stuck on the Vita (Tokyo Clanpool) on PC and Switch, for those who care:

Meanwhile, IF still hasn't announced a PC version for any of their upcoming games, and instead chose to port their games to Xbox. lol.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Fans inside my PC kinda went crazy last few days so i decided to check my CPU and it looks like that somehow contact frame for my AIO got bit loose. So i tightened it and repasted CPU and now my PC is back to being almost silent.

Reactions: TioChuck

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Meanwhile, IF still hasn't announced a PC version for any of their upcoming games, and instead chose to port their games to Xbox. lol.
IF seems to be a bit in a bind lately. Not only they haven't announced PC releases of their 2024 titles, but most of them have no western release at all, and they delayed the recently announced Switch trilogy port to an undefined date

Gelf

Apr 22, 2019
Looking at my own account on that pile of shame calculator I would say that estimate is greatly inflated.

I don't even know when on earth I got Marvel's Midnight Suns but there's certainly no way in hell I paid $60 for it like it's quoting. Must have been part of a bundle where I would have paid what? £15 tops for several games.

I literally just bought Forza Horizon 4 this week for £17, and that's listed as $60 in the calculator too.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
They really should put "up to" on that thing to be correct.
I sort of think their article wouldnt have as much appeal if they said "Steam users probably have almost up to 19 billion dollars worth games sitting around but most likely its like 7-8 billion but give it ultimately depends on much they bought the games at so realistically we can never calculate the total amount accurately so we're just pulling a number out of our bum!"

"Safest" is the total retail amount then cutting it in half so 9.5 and fudge it up to like 10. Is it likely higher? Maybe? Is it potentially lower? Maybe?

It's still an absurd amount regardless

Reactions: QFNS

Soma

Dec 21, 2018
IF seems to be a bit in a bind lately. Not only they haven't announced PC releases of their 2024 titles, but most of them have no western release at all, and they delayed the recently announced Switch trilogy port to an undefined date
Sorry, completely unrelated to this, but I remember you saying you ordered a Steam Deck, and that you also live in Italy. Did it take long to arrive there? I also want to order one but Valve seems to insist on shipping things with GLS, of which I keep hearing horror stories about.

Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Sorry, completely unrelated to this, but I remember you saying you ordered a Steam Deck, and that you also live in Italy. Did it take long to arrive there? I also want to order one but Valve seems to insist on shipping things with GLS, of which I keep hearing horror stories about.
For what it’s worth, keep in mind horror stories are naturally louder than good experiences.
I never had any issue with GLS, whereas for the big players like FedEx, it’s another story.

Well no, tbh there was a middle size snaffu with the delivery of the Oled deck taking nearly two weeks instead of a couple days, memory is hazy. But was it on GLS or Valve…

But to answer you in my case (France), expect more or less a week, giving Valve loves to send their units on Friday.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Unlike many (most?) people, my wishlist is actually growing in this sale. This is bullshit :disapproval-blob:. I see an interesting game or dlc that I want to pick up but the base price is too high or the discount is too low and so it goes onto the wishlist instead of into the cart.

Soma

Dec 21, 2018
For what it’s worth, keep in mind horror stories are naturally louder than good experiences.
I never had any issue with GLS, whereas for the big players like FedEx, it’s another story.

Well no, tbh there was a middle size snaffu with the delivery of the Oled deck taking nearly two weeks instead of a couple days, memory is hazy. But was it on GLS or Valve…

But to answer you in my case (France), expect more or less a week, giving Valve loves to send their units on Friday.
That's true. My own experience with GLS is mixed over here. Once they couldn't find my address and sent the parcel back to the warehouse; had to write them back because they don't seem to answer calls, and eventually they managed to deliver almost a week later. Another time the delivery guy found the address just fine and then even called the elevator in the building, placed the parcel in, and sent it to my floor lol.

But I wonder, especially since Valve doesn't seem to hide the contents of the package when shipping Steam Decks, from what I understand. I wouldn't be surprised if some delivery guy would conveniently "lose" the parcel here...

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
It's a mixed bag. Back in the day when I ordered a Steam Link, GLS shitted the bed and it was a fucking disgrace, they lost the parcel, refused to say anything for weeks, then suddenly reappeared but without sending anything to me, so two months after the fact I had to go to their offices for the package.

For the Steam Deck tho, no problems, in 5 days it was at home without any delays.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Well, went through my wishlist and removed like 125 games.
E: I could be more aggressive but a lot are unreleased games
Yes! me too :longswordblob:

Decided that if there was anything on there that i haven't bought after multiple sales then it probably isn't meant to be and got rid. Feels good.

still about 400 games on the list though

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
My experience was flawless but I could have been lucky
I ordered it on a saturday, the order page (on Steam) said it would be delivered in 3-5 work days
On Tuesday I receive the first tracking mail from German GLS and from Valve telling me the package was on its way
On Wednsday I receive a second traking mail from Italian GLS telling me the pack would be delivered the next day. That mail also had instructions in case you wanted to change the delivery time
On Thurday the pack arrived without any visible damage
I will add, like most things I order from the web, the courier didn't really check if I was actually "me". I didn't have to sign a single paper, the courier just ringed me, I got out and took the package, and that was it. I never got a package stolen by someone else pretending to be me, but as I said, I could have been lucky

spiel

Apr 17, 2019
Here's my haul for this sale:

The Inner World is a good pick! It's super charming with fun little flourishes here and there, one of my favourite point-and-clicks. If you like it, check out the sequel which is equally good (imo).

Reactions: Mivey

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com

EDIT: Apparently the console version of Dragon Ball Z Kakarot got an update, I noticed there was a patch in the works a while ago on SteamDB, I guess the PC version will arrive in a couple hours or so?

Apparently Kakarot got a random update and added a new Sub-Story called "Legendary Super Satan" LMAO WHAT???

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Cacher

Soma

Dec 21, 2018
My experience was flawless but I could have been lucky
I ordered it on a saturday, the order page (on Steam) said it would be delivered in 3-5 work days
On Tuesday I receive the first tracking mail from German GLS and from Valve telling me the package was on its way
On Wednsday I receive a second traking mail from Italian GLS telling me the pack would be delivered the next day. That mail also had instructions in case you wanted to change the delivery time
On Thurday the pack arrived without any visible damage
I will add, like most things I order from the web, the courier didn't really check if I was actually "me". I didn't have to sign a single paper, the courier just ringed me, I got out and took the package, and that was it. I never got a package stolen by someone else pretending to be me, but as I said, I could have been lucky
Thank you for the answer. And yeah, same here, I don't remember last time I actually had to sign for anything being delivered.

I might as well try my luck as soon as I have the budget. We'll see how it goes...