Community MetaSteam | July 2024 - Summer arrived to Dawntrail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Aside from SMTV I'm also playing the Saturn version of Grandia on the deck.
I was so upset back in the day when they cancelled the English version of this game.
Having a portable capable of emulation is the perfect excuse to check out old classics I missed.

Completely unrelated but I'm blown away by how good House of the Dragon is turning out. Amazing show.

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
Jedi Fallen Order is a good game. I am not a fan of Star Wars yet the game is written and presented well enough that the universe seems much cooler than the movies portray. That said, its many cases of traversal stutter are truly embarrassing for an experienced studio like Respawn.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Jedi Fallen Order is a good game. I am not a fan of Star Wars yet the game is written and presented well enough that the universe seems much cooler than the movies portray. That said, its many cases of traversal stutter are truly embarrassing for an experienced studio like Respawn.
I still need to play these Respawn SW games. I was almost lttp with the first but then I watched some streamers speedrun the game which pretty much spoiled the game and its stories since I believe you couldn't skip cutscenes (or something like that). Since I got spoiled I never bothered with it but now that there is a sequel and people seem to like both of them... I should give them a chance some time.

I am kind of over Star Wars tbh. I enjoyed the Kenobi show from that long ago but everything else they are doing with that universe is becoming very forgettable. I would probably get really hyped if/when they reveal a new part 10 film tho.

Reactions: Alexandros

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
The stuttering almost made me drop the game.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Xbox hardware sales down 42% year over year for this quarter.

Seems like quarter after quarter and year after year they are really struggling with that division. They aren't able to penetrate the market at all. Meanwhile Sony and Nintendo are holding the line just fine. Without the pandemic boost/demand this Xbox gen may have been the worst ever for any of the big 3. Might just be as bad as the WiiU run Nintendo had if you don't count Gamepass imo.

But when do they try something new? Like seriously make a handheld or do some strong push into streaming. Its like they want the brand to die off. If that is the case then for the start of next gen they should drop it entirely and new hardware called something else. Xbox branding may have reached a point of permanent poison. Need a complete division rebranding at this point.

They are so lucky to have acquired Activision and have gamepass. These two things will hard carry gaming for them for the next 10 years.

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠

Seems like quarter after quarter and year after year they are really struggling with that division. They aren't able to penetrate the market at all. Meanwhile Sony and Nintendo are holding the line just fine. Without the pandemic boost/demand this Xbox gen may have been the worst ever for any of the big 3. Might just be as bad as the WiiU run Nintendo had if you don't count Gamepass imo.

But when do they try something new? Like seriously make a handheld or do some strong push into streaming. Its like they want the brand to die off. If that is the case then for the start of next gen they should drop it entirely and new hardware called something else. Xbox branding may have reached a point of permanent poison. Need a complete division rebranding at this point.

They are so lucky to have acquired Activision and have gamepass. These two things will hard carry gaming for them for the next 10 years.
It's over for Xbox as a HW company tbh, they need to pivot to a third party publisher which they're already doing

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020

At the end of the day it's about the games. Quality games like Hi-Fi Rush, or a great Halo, or a cultural-level hit that Starfield wished to become. If a first party does not convey confidence, how can consumer invest into their brand?

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Somebody on the Microsoft board is looking at PC, specifically Steam, and asking "why isn't this us ???"
In the end, Microsoft just doesn't understand gaming. AT ALL!
Or they don't care.
Their GFWL initiative.
Their Windows Store.
The non-existent Marketing outside of the anglosphere.
Their First Party handling (unless they have strong leadership that cares about the developing studio and the games they make, they will enshittify the studio with Microsoft corporate culture.
Their corporate culture! Where managers rotate every 4-10 years between vastly different Microsoft divisions and try to make their mark and try to undermine their predecessors' accomplishments.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm not sure if I shared this story before but at PSX 2017 I meet Isuna Hasekura (Spice and Wolf) and I asked him to sign my Steam Link box. He did think it was weird but he did agree to sign it. I just remembered that since I saw an old post about Shikishi and how some people from Japan will only sign those and not other items. As an example some actors will charge people extra money to sign a Funko pop or something similar. I'm not sure if that's because they don't like them or another reason.

Also I did mention how I had his games on Steam since Humble Bundle had done a VN bundle and his games were a part of it. I still had not played them though. He was promoting one of his games that was going to release on PS in the near future. Looking back at it, nobody was really at his booth. He was at the Sekai Project booth with a translator and it was just booth of them. I didn't really start long there since I don't think I had watch Spice and Wolf at that time. And also it sort of seems rude if I had stayed there longer, I don't think they mentioned anything about it though.

Fun times. I wonder what other experiences I will remember.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018

Steam top 20 for June (shamelessly stolen from Reddit) with Kingdom Hearts and SMT V in there.

And this is what scares me about things like the mouse story yesterday. Yes the above was an accident and has now been resolved. But imagine hitting a point where a mouse stops working due to a lack of an internet connection (yeah a pretty extreme example).

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Valve is seemingly starting to monitor Season Passes more closely to monitor customers get promised content.

Question is who caused this? :toucan:

The only thing that immediately comes to mind but probably isnt it is 505 and the dumb as shit Control stuff for completely delisting season pass stuff re-listing a ultimate edition and then making it so you can't upgrade or buy anything without just buying it all over again unless you went to humble bundle

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
The non-existent Marketing outside of the anglosphere.
It's not just marketing, it's even the very basics like getting language settings and locale right in their own products.
The first Microsoft gaming product I ever bought was an Xbox 360, and it was absolutely terrible at that.

This is particularly strange since the original source of Microsoft's success, Windows and Office, succeeded in part because they were really good at dealing with languages and locales compared to other contemporary software. But I guess that's not the only lesson Microsoft failed to transfer between departments, or adhere to over time.

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
The stuttering almost made me drop the game.
I wouldn't blame you if you did. It's very annoying and I say this as someone who doesn't mind stutter that much in general. If I ever buy Jedi Survivor it will be years down the line when a) the game will be $4 on sale and b) I will have a PC that can somewhat power through most of the issues.

Somebody on the Microsoft board is looking at PC, specifically Steam, and asking "why isn't this us ???"
Too late now. They should have asked that question 15+ years ago.

Reactions: Dragon1893

TheThunder

Jun 27, 2024
Sorry to make this a tech post about my pc again but I have a follow up question to my previous one about changing a drive letter and Steam

So all this is because I finally sunseted my old HDD and now my PC has nothing but SSDs (SATA + NVME). Now, I moved all my games from my SATA SSD to my new NVME that I just installed and launched all the games to make sure everything is all good, however, as you can see from the screenshot there is all this .dll and .exe + the old SteamLibrary folder itself which is empty in my SATA SSD, my question is should I just delete them or copy/paste them to the new drive that has my Steam games now since I'm guessing (could be wrong) that once all these Microsoft redistributables and old DirectX game required versions are installed you don't need to keep the actual installation exe's and dll's and you can just delete them ?

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Mikami: “I’ve realized that I want to stay as hands-on as possible when it comes to game creation, and I’d love to see Suda make a sequel to Killer7.”
Suda51: “Seriously? Someday we may just see a Killer7 sequel. Or a Complete Edition.”

Mikami: “What matters most is whether or not you want to make it.”
Suda51: “I’d rather make a Complete Edition first. First a Complete Edition. And then Killer11.”
Mikami: “Killer11?”
Suda51: “I don’t know. Killer7: Something, probably. Maybe Killer7: Beyond.”
Mikami: “Fans would probably love a Complete Edition. That could actually be doable.”
Suda51: “We’d have to decide which comes first – Killer7: Beyond, or the Complete Edition.”

• Eyes
Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.