Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

Did everyone get a $5 discount since the start, like in the last sale, one does one need to earn points?
I'm still not at the 15.000 points range. :(

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
So I finally played a game I got achievements in for long enough for it to appear under 'recently played' on the race/quest page and claimed the points.

~600 boosts remaining. Which give me 1000 tokens per boost? So I could get 40 discount vouchers? And couldn't I use the Steam Achievement manager to get even more? Is there are limit I'm missing?

fakeedit: After boosting a bit now it suddenly looks like this:

Sooooo is there a limit to how often you can boost per day? Because if you look closely I still have 599 available but it's greyed out. Also a friend said he boosted 50x which I wasn't even close to.

edit: NVM I GET IT NOW, was thinking the wrong way around. :smart-thinking-blob:

Last edited:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Did everyone get a $5 discount since the start, like in the last sale, one does one need to earn points?
I'm still not at the 15.000 points range. :(
I didn't get a discount at the start. No idea how this works, because I've seen screens of people given the option to redeem it. I thought you needed to use the game to gather points, but they were given the option at checkout.

Feel like this sale's a bit of a mess.

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
So I finally played a game I got achievements in for long enough for it to appear under 'recently played' on the race/quest page and claimed the points.

~600 boosts remaining. Which give me 1000 tokens per boost? So I could get 40 discount vouchers? And couldn't I use the Steam Achievement manager to get even more? Is there are limit I'm missing?

fakeedit: After boosting a bit now it suddenly looks like this:

Sooooo is there a limit to how often you can boost per day? Because if you look closely I still have 599 available but it's greyed out. Also a friend said he boosted 50x which I wasn't even close to.
Damn! I thought I was big with like 60 Boosts. How many Achievements did you get?

Deleted member 113

How does that "recent games" work?
Is there a limit (it only shows 3 games to me), or can we play others, are increase this "pool"?

What does one need to do, in order to get a game added to the "recent games" list, other than simply launching it (I tried, the games are not appearing)?

Reactions: Ex-User (307)

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
Is there a limit (it only shows 3 games to me), or can we play others, are increase this "pool"?

What does one need to do, in order to get a game added to the "recent games" list, other than simply launching it (I tried, the games are not appearing)?
I had 0 games shown as recently played. But I launched one random game and let it run for 30min and it appeared in the list and I could redeem the points from the achievements in that game.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

I believe the games must have achievements and you must have some unlocked + you must play for 30+ minutes.

Something along those lines.

I just launched Castlevania collection played for like 30 minutes and got a thousands of points for just 2 achievements that I unlocked weeks ago.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Damn! I thought I was big with like 60 Boosts. How many Achievements did you get?
Not as many as I thought, misunderstood what I was seeing.

Still, can't this be exploited to hell and back? I already see ppl on my friendslist very obviously using SAM to farm achievements and I could get dozens of vouchers per day myself that way.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
So people are getting $5 for each coupons redeem. But they regional priced it so we only get Rp 25000 which is less than $2.

I mean, that'd be fine with me if all the games are equally regional priced too.

Totally unfair. :disappointed-but-relieved-face:

Reactions: RionaaM and MJunioR

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas

Still, can't this be exploited to hell and back? I already see ppl on my friendslist very obviously using SAM to farm achievements and I could get dozens of vouchers per day myself that way.
I’m scared as hell to do it. Well, if you do it for just those achievements... Hmmm...

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018

If I understand the way the game works, no?

Because even if you farm achievements, you have to have the boost capacity to turn them into tokens. If you burn the fuel from achievements without having capacity, I think you don't get tokens?

But I really don't get this thing.

Deleted member 113

I believe the games must have achievements and you must have some unlocked + you must play for 30+ minutes.

I just launched Castlevania collection played for like 30 minutes and got a thousands of points for just 2 achievements that I unlocked weeks ago.
Thanks. I tried a few games, but I closed them before those 30 minutes.
I'll wait some more, and see if they appear.

People are getting more than 3 recent games, right?

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Thanks. I tried a few games, but I closed them before those 30 minutes.
I'll wait some more, and see if they appear.

People are getting more than 3 recent games, right?
I haven't tried it yet but since the race stuff is a daily thing I'm guessing everything will reset tomorrow and if there is a 3 game limit you will be able to do new games tomorrow.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
If I understand the way the game works, no?

Because even if you farm achievements, you have to have the boost capacity to turn them into tokens. If you burn the fuel from achievements without having capacity, I think you don't get tokens?

But I really don't get this thing.
Thing is, if you own thousands of games your capacity is extremely high to begin with and if I understand the rules correctly it gets reset every day. I'm over 600k for example.

Reactions: Guilty of Being

ZKenir

MetaMember
May 10, 2019
I lied, first haul
LOL

Steam added those 3 games to my acc then refunded them o_O

I think I'll be waiting tomorrow to try again

edit: must be because I posted Sergey happy face earlier!

edit 2: if I try to purchase another game though I get this

something CLEARLY went wrong, guess I'm contacting support.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
No discount on Dragon Quest? Not sure I'm ready for that anyway...

Only finding about $120 of stuff I actually care about. I Think I'm gonna go with two of the four: Battletech, Iconoclasts, Timespinners, Frostpunk. Should keep me around $25 on the sale.

Now, to let them all rot in my cart for a week while I carefully study this situation like it was $25,000.

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
Uhmmm... I own around 1.800 games, have more than 5.000 achievements, but I got only 8.579 pts odometer, and that's after an initial purchase of around 17€. The 4 games I have as recently played all have way more than 8.579 points worth of achievements and I don't want to waste the rest :suicide-blob:

How can you guys have so much points?! :frowning-face-with-open-mouth:

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
I'm so fucking confused lol. I bought one more game, it gave me about 2400 of the red boost (capacity I guess?) but none of the white boost?

So...do I fill the white side now by farming achievements?

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
So how soon after the sale are we gonna get the client overhaul beta?

Or maybe even during the sale. It's not like the client update is affected directly by the sale in any meaningful way and it would be beta anyway so.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Uhmmm... I own around 1.800 games, have more than 5.000 achievements, but I got only 8.579 pts odometer, and that's after an initial purchase of around 17€. The 4 games I have as recently played all have way more than 8.579 points worth of achievements and I don't want to waste the rest :suicide-blob:

How can you guys have so much points?! :frowning-face-with-open-mouth:
I buy my games mostly directly through Steam, if you prefer using external sellers that'll probably keep your capacity low because as far as Valve is concerned you paid 0€ for those games.

Wonder what capacity JaseC has, I mean I buy lots of games but that's still nothing compared to some.

I'm so fucking confused lol. I bought one more game, it gave me about 2400 of the red boost (capacity I guess?) but none of the white boost?

So...do I fill the white side now by farming achievements?
Yes.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Started Idle Master Extended to get some cards to sell, then I read here that you need to have played 30+ min of a game as a requirement despite that I don't care about the sale meta game so I quit Idle Master as I hope Valve don't think Im cheating despite not caring about the meta game.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018

Welp, guess I'll do another run through Bit.Trip Beat and Flux. It's been years, so hopefully I haven't gotten too rusty (not like I was ever good at them anyway).
So people are getting $5 for each coupons redeem. But they regional priced it so we only get Rp 25000 which is less than $2.

I mean, that'd be fine with me if all the games are equally regional priced too.

Totally unfair. :disappointed-but-relieved-face:
Yep, since Konami games cost 3x here we should get $15 to make it fair.

Fucking publishers screwing customers from shittier poorer regions.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Dirt Rally 2 is appearing in the VR section on the front page despite not having receiveed the VR update.

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
I buy my games mostly directly through Steam, if you prefer using external sellers that'll probably keep your capacity low because as far as Valve is concerned you paid 0€ for those games.
Ah, that's probably It!

Do we know if crafting game badges gives you something this sale?

And if you use the discount, does Steam calculate the red points to add based on the cart price before or after the discount is applied?

This event confuses me lol

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
LOL

Steam added those 3 games to my acc then refunded them o_O

I think I'll be waiting tomorrow to try again

edit: must be because I posted Sergey happy face earlier!

edit 2: if I try to purchase another game though I get this

something CLEARLY went wrong, guess I'm contacting support.
Check your token balance. If it is negative, Valve will refund as many games as they can.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Huh.

No Episode Ardyn sale.
No Nights of Azure.
No Blue Reflection.
No Attack on Titan.
No Atelier.

😴

Had a tiny sliver of hope that TW:3K might be a bit more in my current price range, but I guess it's a bit too new for a 30% or so sale. Ah well.

Deleted member 113

I think I (more or less) got it.
You earn achievements, or redeem achievements to earn those white points. You then boost, which essentially converts those white points into tokens.
The red points number is, apparently, the number of tokens you can still generate on a certain day. As you boost, this amount will decrease.

But, you have a limited number of boosts you can do per day (I don't know why the limit is different to everyone).
And the maximum amount you can do for each boost is 1000 white points (meaning, you convert a maximum of 1000 white points into tokens per boost).

So, ideally, you won't waste a booster until you have more than 1000 white points, otherwise you are not converting the maximum amount of tokens possible.

I just got almost 30000 points from a game I have all but one achievements (Sleepaway Camp). :)
Indeed, in order to appear in the recently played games, you need to play the game for 30 minutes.

---

Is there an easy way that I can check the games that I have 100% achievements?

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
Don't think I'll bother at all with any of the sale-related activity, but stats are always interesting!

Team break-down based on my 143 Steam friends who have joined thus far:

Corgi 74.1%
Tortoise 13.3%
Cockatiel 8.4%
Pig 3.5%
Hare 0.7%
74.1% are on the right side of history

Status
Not open for further replies.