Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explanation for the dumb, confusing mini-game

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Crossposting the walkthrough I reverse engineered:

Ok quick walkthrough of the game from my "oh shit they really such at explaining themselves" expertice in working with another company whose name is not Valve but nearly:

The red number is your maximum allowed boost per day. It recharges daily. It is your "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER). The big white number can never go above it, so you will waste any points that will go above it if you convert achivements.
You increase your "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER) by:
  • Buying games during the sale( +121 points per each 1€ spend / +100 points per each 1$ spend)
  • Each day (+100)
  • You start with more depending on your account value. Edit: Account value refers to how much you spent on Steam.

The while big number is your FUEL(THE WHITE NUMBER). You recharge it doing the quests in the web, aka playing games. If you have done achivements, you can also convert them into fuel. It cannot go above the "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER) of the moment. If it is above the "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER), you will have no issue until the "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER) goes to 0. Afterwards, you can continue using boost to burn FUEL (THE WHITE NUMBER), but you wont get tokens.

When you boost, you waste up to 1000 fuel. The wasted fuel is also taken out of your "Boost capacity", so you will end up reaching this state:

THE AMOUNT OF FUEL YOU WASTED WILL TRANSFORM INTO TOKENS, WHICH YOU CAN USE TO GET THE 5$ DISCOUNT, EMOJIS OR BACKGROUNDS.

The nitro speedometer is the multiplier you add when you boost. It depends on the location of your boost in the speedometer:

Hope this helps? This is all working on intuition and reverse engineering, which is kinda my job so I hope it is true

Edit: Yes, you can transform achivements from recent played games into fuel. The current thought is that you need to have played it for at least 30 minutes recently for them to be accepted by Steam.

Acidote

Omega Yul
Jun 16, 2019

I don't understand very well how this works, but I guess throwing away 62k points isn't optimal?

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
My wishlist loads \o/

And I'm joining the "reordering big wishlists is a fucking pain because ctrl+f search doesn't work, goddamit valve" club.
Jesus christ this is horrible.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Can't say they aren't trying.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
What is that and why do I have it wishlisted? 😅
Ain't sure but if it's purchasable then we need to purchase it :coffee-blob:

Also, Steam refunded my first purchase that for some reason wasn't correctly processed. However I had the exact same problem again when I tried to re-purchase my cart, can only hope they refund it quickly so I can do another purchase and have to contact them for a third time.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
My wishlist loads \o/

And I'm joining the "reordering big wishlists is a fucking pain because ctrl+f search doesn't work, goddamit valve" club.
Jesus christ this is horrible.
Filtering works, and more importantly you can directly enter a number to set an entry to a specific position.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Filtering works, and more importantly you can directly enter a number to set an entry to a specific position.
Not while you're filtering though...
Unless I'm doing something terribly wrong.

I would double check, but it doesn't load..

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So Steam crashed when I pressed the purchase button, all the games are in my library, but did not receive a confirmation email and I did not lose any of the tokens I used on the purchase.

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Weird, page hung during checkout, now Steam says I own games but didn't collect money and I still have the discount vouchers. Same happened to a friend. Free games? I guess it's because the whole token system is broken.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Weird, page hung during checkout, now Steam says I own games but didn't collect money and I still have the discount vouchers. Same happened to a friend. Free games? I guess it's because the whole token system is broken.
Steam won't let you install the games you bought. At least that's what happened with me.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Not while you're filtering though...
Unless I'm doing something terribly wrong.

I would double check, but it doesn't load..
You're right -- I didn't run into this for some reason. That sucks.

Weird, page hung during checkout, now Steam says I own games but didn't collect money and I still have the discount vouchers. Same happened to a friend.
I had this happen, then got the game automatically refunded a few minutes later.

Overall it seems like a much better idea to come back to it tomorrow morning.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
You're right -- I didn't run into this for some reason. That sucks.
It's really baffling.
I only know it because someone else complained about this a while ago and I suggested the same thing you did, thinking of course it would work like this.
Well.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
So, apparently the refund thing is automatic and happens every hour. My second refund just come exactly one hour after the first refund.

Got stuck a third time though :steam_gp_corgi:

Reactions: NarohDethan

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018

As much as I am against crunch, having to wait a year for a port is still disappointing. For that matter, what exactly are Iron Galaxy working on that they can't get ports out in say 6 or so months' time? Surely porting a game shouldn't take long with a 100 employee team?
Late to this one but Iron Galaxy has like 6 different projects going at all times because it's the best way to keep their company running. Going hard on one thing could spell disaster for them if whatever comes after doesn't work out.

Reactions: Tizoc

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Is Parkitect any good? I really tried to like Planet Coaster, but... I don't know. The management side of things is just... unappealing?

Edit: ABORT. I just saw it's 24 CHF. Sorry.

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
I'm already at $15 off my next purchase with 30 more boosts. I wonder how idling will work with "playing games with achievements" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.