Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I have almost 3,000 cards in my inventory. I typically will create a level 1 badge and sell the rest. If I adore the game, I might foil and level up. At this point, I'm so overwhelmed.
Damn! That's a lot!

I think I have just Hitman 2 and Tropico 4 level 5 badges because cards were dirt cheap.

Reactions: Guilty of Being

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
after watching/reading some of the dyling light 2 coverage this week i have re-installed DL1 and am going to attempt to give it another go.

not sure why i didnt stick with it before. maybe it was trying to avoid all the enemies was stressing me out :p
Im going to re=play it too!!

First go round I really struggled in the early game but once you level up a bit it becomes so much more enjoyable.
Also I never went out at night, too scary.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Yeah I have some cards that don't fetch much in terms of selling them so I'd make a badge with them.
Really want Valve to update the profile page so that Badges can shown more...flashier.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
damn. that would cover a summer/winter sale for me :p
You won't sell them all straight away, maybe a quarter in the first couple of days but the rest will take ages and if you're not on top of the market they might sit there for 6 months at too expensive a listing price. Though the extension does have a function to detect overpriced listings and relist.

It's probably the best time to sell right now, right before a sale. People tend to hoard card sets to craft during the sale for the extra sale cards. Drives the prices up.

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
Yeah I have some cards that don't fetch much in terms of selling them so I'd make a badge with them.
Really want Valve to update the profile page so that Badges can shown more...flashier.
Now I’m debating. I don’t want all of them to sell for a penny. ;)

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I'm too slow :V
Now I’m debating. I don’t want all of them to sell for a penny. ;)
Real talk, I had spent hours selling my steam cards over the years, lately however I've been down to under 20 at least each month from games I'd bought and idled that I can sell most of them and make a good amount back.
Min. to sell should be $0.05, with $0.04 being the absolute minimum if you're unable to sell a card.
Thing is, depending on the game and how long it's been on steam, its card prices plummet like a rock. This applies to various indie games, and maybe even a few AAA games. Long as you know how to price stuff you'll make a good income back.

As is, try to spend at least 30-60 minutes a day, or put items on sale from 1 page a day over the next couple of days to try and make some quick bucks.

Last edited:

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Pro-level: Buy sacks of gems en masse, craft boosters for games with high card prices every day possible, get some games literally for free. Got my third A Plague Tale foil yesterday, though it isn't really worth it anymore now, prices have crumbled, still had a great one month long run.

Hoarding cards doing nothing with them is either scrub- or I'm too rich to care-level.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
#Senpai breh you keep saying you want to clear your backlog but you need to actually DO IT, brosef. Find a short game and start with that. If you gotta look after your child at the same time, pick a game that maybe they can play with you (umm assuming they're not toddlers ^^; ) and is generally safe to play around kids and you'll be slowly starting to knock down your backlog.

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
#Senpai breh you keep saying you want to clear your backlog but you need to actually DO IT, brosef. Find a short game and start with that. If you gotta look after your child at the same time, pick a game that maybe they can play with you (umm assuming they're not toddlers ^^; ) and is generally safe to play around kids and you'll be slowly starting to knock down your backlog.
Hahahah. I'm working on it. I've beat a couple games recently. I do hit a handful of short games and then move to a longer one. I'm going to make it. I've hit a groove May where I start a game and finish it. Also, I don't plan to go overboard this sale. (I don't need an intervention!)

;)

Reactions: Tizoc

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

popped up on my frontpage, haven't seen it linked here I think

Best way to find boosters to craft:

Go here -> STC Set Prices

Sign in and select owned games, sort by card average. You have to weigh up the number of gems per card and check that the prices aren't an anomaly. But it's a good indication of the best games to get packs for.
Didn't know that's a thing, thanks! And already found a couple of 'worthy' games I overlooked or whose card prices jumped up again.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Yo Octopath Traveler's been among the top 10 lately, I guess it is selling well in countries where it is cheaper o_O

popped up on my frontpage, haven't seen it linked here I think
Ayyyy it's nice to see Delicious in Dungeon make it steam~

Best way to find boosters to craft:

Go here -> STC Set Prices

Sign in and select owned games, sort by card average. You have to weigh up the number of gems per card and check that the prices aren't an anomaly. But it's a good indication of the best games to get packs for.
Hmm mind telling me what I'm supposed to be focusing on? Like what is high priority or best card to get?

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Hmm mind telling me what I'm supposed to be focusing on? Like what is high priority or best card to get?
You want to get the best bang for your buck/gems. I'm not 100% sure how steam calculates how many gems it costs to get a booster pack for a game but I assume the number of cards in the set 5-15 plays a significant part. So look at the games with the most expensive cards and weigh up the gem cost for a booster. Generally the bigger the difference between set price and average card price, the cheaper in terms of gems a booster will be. You still only get three cards, may as well make it the cheapest 3!

The main issue is, more expensive cards are usually from rarer games with less buyer interest. They also tend not to be involved in races to the bottom price wise so you often get big differences in individual card costs. One card might be 8 cents, another 50cents from the same set. It can be a crap shoot.

Reactions: derExperte

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I have absolutely no idea what i'm supposed to do with cards. For me, they just exist and are worth nothing when i look at their market cost.
That's because you've left them dormant in your inventory for YEARS. Had you sold them peroidically you'd have made over $100 in a span of a few years. It may not be much but hey you save where you can.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I have absolutely no idea what i'm supposed to do with cards. For me, they just exist and are worth nothing when i look at their market cost.
you can sell them for cents or turn them into jewels and then turn that into packs which you then sell. It's basically just free money over time
Edit: and if you're like me, you watch over that steam wallet fund and buy only things that are absolutely bargain basement sale prices and nothing higher, ever.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
That's because it always seemed like i needed to login to 7 websites and run 3 apps to do anything with them. lol.

I just had a quick look and apparently i have just under 400 cards and a quick skim through my list shows i have no games installed with drops left. I've never bothered idling either. I think the only time i look at them is during sales when i just dump some doubles in the market for pennies.

Last edited:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
That's because you've left them dormant in your inventory for YEARS. Had you sold them peroidically you'd have made over $100 in a span of a few years. It may not be much but hey you save where you can.
Yep. Although it left some CSGO items there for some years and I made about $35 with them.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018

Fine, fine... when i get a moment i'll ask for some advice about how best to offload some of 'em. I'm totally clueless about this stuff's value.

Status
Not open for further replies.