Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Valve couldn’t have released the Steam Link app on iOS with a better timing, surgery went well but now I’m stuck in bed, my Ipad and my Switch are going to be my main gaming devices.
Glad your surgery went well, hope you get well ASAP :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: NarohDethan

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
The new Steam UI feels half backed as hell. I thought the current closed beta version was just a first step with other parts to be updated at a later moment before open beta but, from the screenshots posted in their blog yesterday, it looks like that’s it... and it’s honesty bad. The old header looks hideous and completely out of place on top of the updated UI, and the game list is just... like it was? Previous leaks had that blue notification for games that received an update which I thought was a neat idea... and that’s gone. I like the new features they introduced like improved sorting and better categories but it really looks ugly as sin.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I must say I really like it, now every game has it's own hub where all the information (event, updates) and friend's activity regarding that game is all in one same place and that's really useful for some things.

About the old grid pic on the top of the new rectangle, yes, it's ugly but they are not done yet, first, not everything is updated yet as this update is not out officially and even that there will be some that won't be updated some Valve fellas are getting feedback from the community so I wouldn't worry too much about that right now.

IDK, I must say that when I started using it I was like "just a few hours and back to normal" and to be honest, now I can't, I'm really liking it because all the integrations they have made, it really needs tweaks here and there, it's not perfect, it has some flaws but in general I think it's a really good job. It's really cool to see how the same thing give us different impressions, don't you think? :D

Anyway, I would really encourage you to send them feedback, they always look at i.

Reactions: xinek

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I like it a lot already, because as I've said for years the only thing Steam really needs to improve on is library search/filtering. I still want filtering by user tag though.

IMHO they could have just left the game images the same, who cares if it's a horizontal or vertical format. But it's no big deal either way.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
IMHO they could have just left the game images the same, who cares if it's a horizontal or vertical format. But it's no big deal either way.
True that but the new vertical style gives the library a nice touch similar to RetroArch, for example, so I don't mind them changing that.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
The new Steam UI feels half backed as hell. I thought the current closed beta version was just a first step with other parts to be updated at a later moment before open beta but, from the screenshots posted in their blog yesterday, it looks like that’s it... and it’s honesty bad. The old header looks hideous and completely out of place on top of the updated UI, and the game list is just... like it was? Previous leaks had that blue notification for games that received an update which I thought was a neat idea... and that’s gone. I like the new features they introduced like improved sorting and better categories but it really looks ugly as sin.
You mean this blue notification? Its still there

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Chinese Parents English localization will be out on June 20.

Looking forward to it, I'm curious to see what all the fuss was about.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
As long as Steam keeps the compact view mode with just the list of games and such I'll be happy.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I did and I was able to see the thread. Thanks! I don't know why I got blocked though.
Maybe you are on some block list/bot. I don't really know much about them other than that they preemptively block people based on who they follow or what they've said? I dunno.

Deleted member 113

PlataGO!, is out of early access, and now costs almost 20€. :rolleyes:

If anyone is interested in getting it, pretty much every store outside of Steam still has the early access price, so you can still get it for less than 1/5th of the Steam price.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
PlataGO!, is out of early access, and now costs almost 20€. :rolleyes:

If anyone is interested in getting it, pretty much every store outside of Steam still has the early access price, so you can still get it for less than 1/5th of the Steam price.
Not that I want to buy it, but where?
Found it on 2game.
Why the big price increase?

edit: Bought it

Last edited:

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I know this is the Steam thread and I'm OT but does anyone know whether Cadence of Hyrule, which is releasing on Switch today, is a completely new game or just the regular Crypt of the Necrodancer game with a Zelda DLC?

I'm sorry if it's a stupid question but I never pay much attention to console announcements. :face-with-cold-sweat:

Deleted member 113

Not that I want to buy it, but where?
Found it on 2game.
Why the big price increase?

edit: Bought it
Don't know. :unsure:
I mean, it left early access, and it was already going to rise its price, but that was a big price increase.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I know this is the Steam thread and I'm OT but does anyone know whether Cadence of Hyrule, which is releasing on Switch today, is a completely new game or just the regular Crypt of the Necrodancer game with a Zelda DLC?

I'm sorry if it's a stupid question but I never pay much attention to console announcements. :face-with-cold-sweat:
Its pretty much a reskin...

Deleted member 113

Sorry for going OT for a moment, but is anyone here from Australia?
Anyone up to help a fellow forum member?
I want to order a Blu-Ray from Australia that is out of print, and Amazon.com.au has it in stock, but doesn't ship it to Europe.
Would anyone be up to receive a package on their address, and then send it to me in Europe?

Naturally, I would pay all expenses.
If anyone can help me out, which I would greatly appreciate it, please let me know. :)

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

DollEyes

Out of Mana
Apr 17, 2019

It’s a new game. I think it’s around 25USD since it was ~30CAD

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
Finally E3 is over, that was a hell of a rollercoaster. Spent a lot of time reading through all those forum discussions, yet had to skip new pages in several threads because it was simply too much and just hard to catch up. Finally hit the limit in my ignore list on the other forum, gladly it's still at 0 here.

Did MS just lowkey confirm Sea of Thieves is coming to Steam? lmao
Expect this and some other MS games on Steam announcements closer to Gamescom (don't have high hopes about Forza though). Also, AoE hype. Not sure if there will be a press conference or not, but MS is going to focus more on their PC efforts, which is understandable because it's a European show and Germany is PC land.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Finally E3 is over, that was a hell of a rollercoaster. Spent a lot of time reading through all those forum discussions, yet had to skip new pages in several threads because it was simply too much and just hard to catch up. Finally hit the limit in my ignore list on the other forum, gladly it's still at 0 here.

Expect this and some other MS games on Steam announcements closer to Gamescom (don't have high hopes about Forza though). Also, AoE hype. Not sure if there will be a press conference or not, but MS is going to focus more on their PC efforts, which is understandable because it's a European show and Germany is PC land.
God I wish Forza Horizon would come to Steam. 4 is literally unplayable because UWP games crash like mad for me. Loved what I did play though.

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
God I wish Forza Horizon would come to Steam. 4 is literally unplayable because UWP games crash like mad for me. Loved what I did play though.
I mean, it's still might come out, it's just not in the priority for Playground right now and Forza studios don't really care that much about PC gaming and Steam in particular.

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
want forza so much, tried the new game pass, downloaded forza, all extreme maximum settings, im ready, lets use the benchmark, crash...
maybe in low settings, crash...
ok skip the bench, lets play, crash..

i need it on steam :(

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Chinese Parents English localization will be out on June 20.

Looking forward to it, I'm curious to see what all the fuss was about.

Oh, nice. I was just thinking about this game yesterday.

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
A new video game made in India coming to Steam, looks very Payday-esque in terms of visuals but premise sounds more like the mobile game Snipers vs Thieves.

You can pre-order from their site for closed beta access.

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
I was about to buy this, until Steam reminded me that it's published by Raw Fury. The "ignore" function on publisher pages is really great! :giggle:
Thanks for the reminder -- I just went to Steam and added these guys and Annapurna to my ignore list. But I couldn't remember offhand anyone else who's been behaving badly and/or taking Epic cash. Does anyone know of anyone keeping a master publisher/developer shitlist? If not, I'll just spend some time going through the Epic store thread. :geek:

Deleted member 113

Thanks for the reminder -- I just went to Steam and added these guys and Annapurna to my ignore list. But I couldn't remember offhand anyone else who's been behaving badly and/or taking Epic cash. Does anyone know of anyone keeping a master publisher/developer shitlist? If not, I'll just spend some time going through the Epic store thread. :geek:
A list would come in handy. ;)

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Perfect, you guys are the best. Going through and manually blocking these companies is really eye opening -- SO many games on my wishlist that I was looking forward to and will now likely never play. It's kind of painful. But, as people have said so many times here, backlogs are long, and loads of great games are released constantly. We have alternatives!

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

want forza so much, tried the new game pass, downloaded forza, all extreme maximum settings, im ready, lets use the benchmark, crash...
maybe in low settings, crash...
ok skip the bench, lets play, crash..

i need it on steam :(
Did it crash in a tunnel? Because the latest official Nvidia driver is the reason then, they released a hotfix. If not, dunno, runs great and stable here. Would still rebuy Ultimate edition on Steam.

Reactions: PhaZZe
Status
Not open for further replies.