Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

Speaking of the Ouya, a friendly reminder that I posted codes for a couple of games for the console in the giveaways section a while back.
I don't believe anyone took them, so if you happen to own the console, feel free to redeem them while you can:

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Interesting!
I knew bluestacks had a bad reputation years ago, maybe for bloatware ads? What's the situation today? I'd like to try some mobile games on PC, but I don't want to install junk software.
I'm not sure tbh, the only one I used has been Memu when FGO released on NA to mindlessly reroll, I think that was the only working one for that game at the time so I haven't messed with any other emulator.
That Pirate Outlaws sure is a pretty shameless Slay the Spire ripoff.
I noticed they added something of their own to it though, In-App Purchases!

Reactions: 「Echo」

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Heads up, if you got an EU PSN account, Driveclub and its Bikes expansion are on sale atm so best grab them soon.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Just finished Armored Warriors, from the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle.

The game is a lot of fun! It has a very decent variation of weapons and accessories that your mech can pick up (arms, legs, ...), and it changes gameplay quite a bit, especially for a classic beat'em up.

Fans of beat'em ups, and/or arcade games, should consider buying this in an upcoming sale, since it's a very enjoyable package, and I think the price is very reasonable, especially considering you get 7 games.

And, their previous Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara release (which I remind you is a pack of licensed games, so it's bound to be removed when licensing expires) is also a lot of fun, and well worth a purchase:

Are they fun in single player? I grabbed all of them, and also put them on my SNES Classic (which I spent more time hacking than actually playing with), but I wanted to play them with friends.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Are they fun in single player? I grabbed all of them, and also put them on my SNES Classic (which I spent more time hacking than actually playing with), but I wanted to play them with friends.
They can be, I personally see them more fun played with others :3
GoG sale sucks as usual, bought only Suffering:TBD at -72% discount (original Suffering for some stupid reason is only -48%), spent ~1$. At least there were some good freebies :minos_commie:

Eh I am disappointed about the lack of bundles as much as the next guy, but it was a decent overall sale IMO.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Uuhh, I just remembered that I tried to play this on a PS4, LMAO.

So, I do have to buy the game AND pay for an additional month?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Seems like every update breaks something for someone. I couldn't run the benchmark anymore on the update before this one. It would just crash the moment I tried.
For some odd reason, opening the game on the second try works.

So far this problem has only affected FH4.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Not even going to try to understand that one. At least you can get it to work?
Seems so.

It's like Im opening the game, Splash screen window, wait 1 min, game closes, open the game again, splash screen, wait 1 min, full black screen, wait 1 min, Im in.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I have a big backlog of point and click adventure games.

Can anyone (Tizoc ?) recommend me a recent p&c adventure game, with short-ish length (3-4 hours, or at best below 6 hours)?
Trüberbrook is 5-6hrs. Story and puzzles were a tad disappointing, main complaint being that everythings feels rushed and too short. But if you want short....

Or something like Samorost (3). The Room. Darkside Detective has short chapters.

Deleted member 113

Trüberbrook is 5-6hrs. Story and puzzles were a tad disappointing, main complaint being that everythings feels rushed and too short. But if you want short....

Or something like Samorost (3). The Room. Darkside Detective has short chapters.
Nice to hear about Trüberbrook, since I already own it, but I'm yet to play it. :)

Darkside Detective is indeed great, but I already finished it (can't wait for Darkside Detective 2!).

---

On a completely unrelated note: I have a few gems on my inventory.
Anyone knows a booster, or individual cards, that are selling for a decent amount?

I'm looking to make a few more € for the sale. ;)

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
GoG sale sucks as usual,
On this we disagree, though it is weird to see sequels/special editions getting lower prices than standard editions.
Have to decide what to grab before the sale ends as my final haul. Only Jazz Jaackrabbit1 and Fear Effect. I just can't decide on which classic game(s) to get, as I'm leaving newer games out for now.
Help me Council! GOG.com What should I grab?
edit: god sometimes I hate strikethrough

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Steam should improve steam cloud data management, sucks. i used a guide to how to delete save games in cloud because the game always downloaded savegames i wanted erased

Reactions: MJunioR and lashman

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
Some people aren’t fans, but Dragoon is pretty fun imo. You also have a nice “canon” choice now in the first expansion if you get to it.

Speaking of MMOs, anyone regularly play ESO? How’s the new expansion?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.