Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I see. Yeah, that's expected I guess.

Now I only need 210 more points to claim my second discount voucher. :face-with-cold-sweat:
I think they messed up my tokens. I have I only have 27.5k tokens right now while I have 31,876 max points. I've exchanged exactly 1k tokens for badges (it's level 10 now), so there's like 2k~ points gone.

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I think they messed up my tokens. I have I only have 27.5k tokens right now while I have 31,876 max points. I've exchanged exactly 1k tokens for badges (it's level 10 now), so there's like 2k~ points gone.
I'm missing 2-3k in tokens in the same way. I'd bug Valve about it but I'm just going to cross the threshold for another $5 discount so it's not really worth it.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I paused my DQXI and FF12TZA playthroughs in the hope that SE will bring the improvements present in the Switch versions to the PC. I probably shouldn't though. I'm only a few hours into FF12 but I'm literally at the final dungeon in DQXI.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I paused my DQXI and FF12TZA playthroughs in the hope that SE will bring the improvements present in the Switch versions to the PC. I probably shouldn't though. I'm only a few hours into FF12 but I'm literally at the final dungeon in DQXI.
Are there improvements in the switch version of FF12?

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Are there improvements in the switch version of FF12?
Yeah, it has a built-in job respec. I don't get why it wasn't in there in the first place. Very useful for me, because I don't want to sit there with a guide open to not accidentally fuck up my job sheet. Silly, I know, but it's gonna be bugging me. I don't wanna mess around with cheat engine. I'll probably have to concede this one though, I really don't see SE updating this.

Reactions: Deku

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I find it utterly hilarious that Valve themselves are learning and working to update this danged event.
Thankfully now one won't lose points, but as is I'll just hold off playing any extra games for capacity til my limit increases enough for me to redeem them.

Reactions: Echoes

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Yeah, SE's post launch support of their PC ports has been straight up shitty. No patch whatsoever, and when they patch something, it's to introduce some bugs like FFX's always online DRM. I'm still holding out on buying FFXII because of this.

Reactions: 「Echo」

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
I really don't see SE updating this.
The only way I see them updating DQXI is if people in Japan keep asking for the improvements to be ported to the PS4 version like they've been doing.
I have no hope for FFXII.

Reactions: 「Echo」

Deleted member 113

I see Valve changed the event page. Again.
Yesterday, I couldn't attack other teams, the button did not work.
Today, that is fixed, but I can't see any of the games to redeem points.

All my sections below don't display any games.
I mean, it says, for example, 13 games in the "recently played" section, but I can't actually see any of them. There's no buttons, nothing at all. :(

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Yeah was the same for me, but seems there is a way to "move" to a new phone so it doesn't affect.
There ist but I forgot how and you can only do it if the the lock isn't in place already. I learned that the hard way last time.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Finish DQ11, please ! You are at the final dungeon !
:cat-heart-blob:

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
I'm not really sure if we should be excited or terrified of a politician speaking like a Kojima's character. We have plenty of Splinter Cell-esque politicians around the globe, so, perhaps it's fair.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
It only took like 5 minutes to know that I would indeed like World of Final Fantasy

It also looks like Valve fixed my missing tokens, so I actually have enough for a 5€ discount now, yay.
...Only that I already bought the stuff, lol.
So I'll probably refund and rebuy for cheaper, or if they give out enough points to make me reach a 2nd discount, there's one more game I'd buy.
Or I'll find something else I want for a 5er. We'll see.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
I don't get how this tokens thingy works, I have 26+k points and 0 tokens and seemingly can't do shit with all these points. Valve fucked up with the mini-game this time. I hope, in the end, they'll gift something from the wishlist to everyone.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I don't get how this tokens thingy works, I have 26+k points and 0 tokens and seemingly can't do shit with all these points. Valve fucked up with the mini-game this time. I hope, in the end, they'll gift something from the wishlist to everyone.
Did you convert achievements into points or done the (new) tasks? If yes you should be able to boost. Which gives tokens. The whole thing is admittedly complicated but it should work now and they've cleared up the discriptions.

Reactions: Rosenkrantz

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Uh, I guess I have to clean my laptop, I tried to play Sleeping Dogs and it's overheated north of 100 degrees Celsius, then I tried Tokyo Dark (which is as inoffensive on the system as it comes) and it almost reached 90 degrees. So, I think I'll be back to PC land only in the beginning of July.

Deleted member 113

I'm always looking for some "oddities", unusual games, during these sales, especially among those in early access, since I always find some things I previously missed, and the discounts are a good incentive to give the games a try.

Here's one that just caught my eye:

The (Finnish) developers already released a game before this one, Infra, that was well received, which should at least show that they have the ability to deliver a full game.

Here's a gameplay video:

And here's another, more recent one:

The developers has been steadily updating and improving the game, and will soon increase the quality and detail of the maps.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Yo Maui Mallard is tough, this is mainly due to how animations and hit detections work in this game.

Btw, it's around time to think of a title for the July OT.
|OT| Sic Semper Sweennis
Or maybe that one's better for the epic thread :V

|OT| Christmas in July would be a blessing right about now

Reactions: lashman and Milena

Deleted member 113

Regarding the name of the OT for July, allow me to bring back a previous post of mine:

MetaSteam - July 2019 - Boosting on with empty wallets :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Also, my birthday is in July, so feel free to pay tribute to me on the naming of the monthly thread. ;)
Or even better, feel free to start throwing a bunch of gifts at me, I'm always willing to get them, :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I kid, I kid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 113

For some weird reason (probably because of the pixelated graphics of the game I posted above, Open Sewer), I got randomly reminded of how much I would like to play Mizzurna Falls, especially since I liked Human Entertainment's games.

For those unaware, it's this game:

Are there any good, "strange", open world adventure/investigation games on Steam that share any similarities with it, and that I may have missed?
An obvious one is Deadly Premonition, which I already own.
Omikron: The nomad Soul also shares some similarities as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.