Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explanation for the dumb, confusing mini-game
  • eonden

MetaMember
    Dec 20, 2018
    Crossposting the walkthrough I reverse engineered:

Ok quick walkthrough of the game from my "oh shit they really such at explaining themselves" expertice in working with another company whose name is not Valve but nearly:

The red number is your maximum allowed boost per day. It recharges daily. It is your "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER). The big white number can never go above it, so you will waste any points that will go above it if you convert achivements.
    You increase your "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER) by:
    • Buying games during the sale( +121 points per each 1€ spend / +100 points per each 1$ spend)
    • Each day (+100)
    • You start with more depending on your account value. Edit: Account value refers to how much you spent on Steam.

The while big number is your FUEL(THE WHITE NUMBER). You recharge it doing the quests in the web, aka playing games. If you have done achivements, you can also convert them into fuel. It cannot go above the "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER) of the moment. If it is above the "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER), you will have no issue until the "Boost capacity"(THE RED NUMBER) goes to 0. Afterwards, you can continue using boost to burn FUEL (THE WHITE NUMBER), but you wont get tokens.

When you boost, you waste up to 1000 fuel. The wasted fuel is also taken out of your "Boost capacity", so you will end up reaching this state:

THE AMOUNT OF FUEL YOU WASTED WILL TRANSFORM INTO TOKENS, WHICH YOU CAN USE TO GET THE 5$ DISCOUNT, EMOJIS OR BACKGROUNDS.

The nitro speedometer is the multiplier you add when you boost. It depends on the location of your boost in the speedometer:

Hope this helps? This is all working on intuition and reverse engineering, which is kinda my job so I hope it is true

Edit: Yes, you can transform achivements from recent played games into fuel. The current thought is that you need to have played it for at least 30 minutes recently for them to be accepted by Steam.

L.
  • Guilty of Being

META MAN
    Dec 5, 2018
    Texas
    I already passed you on the race, man! :p
    I don't know what I'm doing, by I appear to be doing something right! ;)

Really, I don't know why I have so many red points, but surely this can't reset tomorrow.
    I mean, in a few minutes I'll already have close to €35 in vouchers, without purchasing anything.

I'm curious what will happen to those red points.
    I still have 90000 left. :eek:

Speaking of vouchers, do these have a limit?
    Do I need a minimum amount of purchases to apply it?

Edit: I have 73000+ tokens.
    And, with another perfect game I have, I'll probably add 30000 more before going to bed. :hugging-face:
    I’m out of red. I started with 60. How much have you spent on the actual sale?

Reactions: Deleted member 113
    Status
    Not open for further replies.