Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Good to see some positive things about the Kao 2 remaster. I hope that they update the game to include proper graphics options and more.
Also controls sucks - movement on left stick is too twitchy, inverted camera (the fuck?!) and no gamepad button prompts

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Y'all need to stop posting underaged girls in their undies already.

Made some progress in Asterix and Obelix XXL 2, and I think I am close to the end game? I'm prob. in the lat 1/3 or so of the game.
The gameplay loop doesn't change much and it is a hella basic and simple game but I like its many 'cameos' to video games as you can tell the team working on it were really into the classics.
If one needs more Asterix and Obelix in their lives, this game is def. worth checking out IMO.

A few things I'd like in XXL 3:
Faster movement speed
More range on your melee attacks since Asterix and Obelix's slaps are very short range
KEEP THE PILEDRIVER FOR OBELIX

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Started plague tale tonight just to see how well it runs. Turns out I can max it out at 1440p and outside of the intro (which I was told is the most intensive part of the game) it's a stable 60fps.

One question though. I found out how to disable chromatic aberration but I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on adjusting the other post processing effects in the engine file? I'm thinking vignette should be turned off too but I don't want to risk breaking anything lol.
I think chromatic aberration has a menu setting now. When I played at launch I disabled it on the ini file along with the vignette and film grain and didn't notice any graphic problems.

Reactions: Milena

ZKenir

ā€ Child of Raikou ā€
May 10, 2019
Yeah this is pretty much the case for me as well. Though for people on my friends list maybe it looks like I only play R6 Siege all the time lol. It's not the case I promise!

My main mobile gacha is Girls' Frontline, and actually I've got 100% doll completion which puts me in the top 50 leaderboard for all of EN Server as well as furniture. I whale a lot in that game. :face-with-cold-sweat: I've been playing it since day-1 of EN launch. I would have been on JP server, but surprisingly EN came first and JP took forever to launch! GFL is known for it's really melancholy/edgy/dark storyline lol, and I do like that aspect a lot. It's also nice to have a gacha where the only gambling is for completely optional and purely cosmetic costumes. Everything essential is provided in-game and that makes it quite accessible.

Just today I restarted FGO, since I can't recover my old account, which sucks but whatever I really need all the tutorials again anyway lol. ... I think the last time I played FGO was late 2017, the latest banner included Jack and Nursery Rhyme. I maxed out both and definitely whaled a lot in that game as well. Too much in-fact which is why I initially quit. Now I've gone back to it with plans to be more modest in my spending though. Once I actually have some support units leveled I'll PM you my friend ID or whatever (honestly I forgot how all this works o_O) right now I'm just dead weight though so I haven't sent any friend requests.
The gacha is ruthless, that was the right decision, I would advise you against spending too much again.
As for the friend ID, I'll PM you now, if you're just starting out it'll be useful having a support in your FL with high leveled servants, if you need I can swap Raikou for Cu Alter, just let me know.
Onigashima is coming up soon with Kintoki (Rider) which is free and one of the best Rider in the game so with good supports you'll be up to speed much quicker.
Don't spend outside of guaranteed gacha and remember to bind your account.

Reactions: 怌Echo怍
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
We go live to morningbus:
it's good to see you're THIS excited to play SS4 ;)

Is it weird that I'll probably be disappointed if it turns out to be Divinity Original Sin 3 or Divinity3?
yes, very :p they're Larian - no matter which one it turns out to be (although - it's DEFINITELY going to be BG3), it's gonna be amazing! :)

Is this the anime thread I've been hearing about?
:disapproval-blob:

:disapproval-blob:

Y'all need to stop posting underaged girls in their undies already.
ā˜ this

Bruh I know what they are; doesn't change what I'm getting at with my post.
ā˜ also this

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
New thread, let's talk about an old game. I recently started playing Prey (2017) and it's fantastic. The fact that this apparently wasn't successful commercially is another indictment of the gaming public at large.

And it's another indicator that Steam user reviews are statistically better than all other reviews.

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Talking about really old games - Sam & Max Hit the Road humor is something that you really need to get used to? Because 90% game characters say some unfunny gibberish. At least slaptstick comedy is still there and animation is freaking great (can easily top modern indie adventures with ginormous 8-bit pixels)

Reactions: Milena and Dandy
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
New thread, let's talk about an old game. I recently started playing Prey (2017) and it's fantastic. The fact that this apparently wasn't successful commercially is another indictment of the gaming public at large.

And it's another indicator that Steam user reviews are statistically better than all other reviews.
yeah, that's SO true ... same for Dishonored :(

Sam & Max Hit the Road humor is something that you really need to get used to?
yes, very much so :p

Kuro

"Oh yeah? Aren't you gonna punish me?"
Dec 22, 2018

Played through that game in one go, that's how hooked I got to the whole atmosphere.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I feel like a lot of (3D) platformers have those few sections that are annoying and in Kao's case they are thankfully not controller breaking/rage quitting.
The game has 2-3 major issues for me so far
1- Enemies that fire projectiles at you can hit you from afar even when you don't see them! Thankfully I managed to time my movement so I can get in range of them to take them out with boomerangs
2- Some hazards can't be seen if they're on the ceiling like in the 2nd world, but I'm usually at enough health to avoid dying from them :p
3- Attacks are locked to where Kao is looking, so if Kao is looking forward, but you want to ROLL to the right, he'll just roll forward instead. This is due to the game's design and so far hasn't caused me much problems in combat, but it is annoying when I don't land a roll on an enemy.

Non the less I'm still enjoying the game, but I think there are audio glitches as the music didn't load when I played the game at first today. I rebooted the game and music loaded fine.

Talking about really old games - Sam & Max Hit the Road humor is something that you really need to get used to? Because 90% game characters say some unfunny gibberish. At least slaptstick comedy is still there and animation is freaking great (can easily top modern indie adventures with ginormous 8-bit pixels)

lol I did not know about this particular animation XD

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Had no idea that there the newest Prince of Persia games were on GOG, grabbed Warrior Within for less than 2 bucks, which is a pretty nice deal. Now in the Summer Sale I just need to grab The Forgotten Sands edition that comes with The Sands of Time and I will be set.

ZKenir

ā€ Child of Raikou ā€
May 10, 2019
I wish they ported Hacker's Memory.
Unluckily the first Cyber Sleuth is lost as it's been delisted from PSN, seeing the ps4 box on my shelf and knowing the chances of a port are zero is a bit sad.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I wish they ported Hacker's Memory.
Unluckily the first Cyber Sleuth is lost as it's been delisted from PSN, seeing the ps4 box on my shelf and knowing the chances of a port are zero is a bit sad.
Why would the chances of a port or rerelease be low for? Conflict with the artist?

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I think chromatic aberration has a menu setting now. When I played at launch I disabled it on the ini file along with the vignette and film grain and didn't notice any graphic problems.
There was a setting in game but I could only turn CA to low which is not good enough for how ugly CA is. It must be stomped out totally!

Thankfully it's easy enough to shut off.

It was my goty in 2017 and given how stacked that year was that's saying something. Unlike most Bethesda games this gen it released at a pretty good time too so no idea why it didn't gain any traction. They really suck at marketing.

Reactions: Milena
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It was my goty in 2017 and given how stacked that year was that's saying something. Unlike most Bethesda games this gen it released at a pretty good time too so no idea why it didn't gain any traction. They really suck at marketing.
they REALLY should've chosen a different name ... instead of forcing them to use Prey for no good reason ... like there are literally ZERO reasons for that game to be called Prey

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
My cousin's old ass lappy has 4 GB RAM and 2 GB for the video card. Seems he got a free copy or so of batman Arkham Knight as an offer or some such and the poor fella can't play it. Looking at its min. specs, the game would barely run on his rig @_@

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
This is extremely hype. There is not a ton of stuff in that setting that could be "tentacle-y". Mostly Mind Flayers come to my mind. However, in the D:OS games Voidwoken definitely have that look. And it looks like this time, Larian are on to the tricks people used before, the photoshop layers text says stuff like "Swen's Birthday Party". They are definitely trolling the fans.

Could they be hinting at a crossover? I'd be interested to see Larian's Divinity stuff crossover into Forgotten Realms. Why the heck not!

Note: Swen is the founder of Larian studios. His birthday was apparently yesterday.
Voidwoken was the first thing that popped into my head as well. Mindflayers tend to be purple/pink/mauve, so I don't think that's what it is... Though I love Mindflayers and would love a game where they were featured heavily.

It's not that I don't want DOS3... But I want BG3 more! Larian making games based on D&D settings is dream game material, and would hopefully lead to them doing a NWN-style build-your-own modules/campaigns with live DM renaissance. The amount of creativity and ingenuity that came out of NWN was amazing.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
CastellĆ³, Spain
they REALLY should've chosen a different name ... instead of forcing them to use Prey for no good reason ... like there are literally ZERO reasons for that game to be called Prey
It's one of the worst trends in gaming, instead of rebooting just give it another name, make it clear it has no connection with previous games, etc

ZKenir

ā€ Child of Raikou ā€
May 10, 2019
Why would the chances of a port or rerelease be low for? Conflict with the artist?
I have no idea about a rerelease I just assumed that since it was delisted BN didn't see the game as that valuable anymore, although the game did exceed expectations and resurrected the digimon games in the west, but then why would they delist it? Maybe I'm wrong as Knurek pointed out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 怌Echo怍
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It's one of the worst trends in gaming, instead of rebooting just give it another name, make it clear it has no connection with previous games, etc
yeah, exactly .... it's just so stupid

like they think people are dumb enough to get confused by Tomb Raider VII or something ... come onnnnnnn

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Yeah I hate when entertainment does that. It's like the suits sit around and think using a name of a super obscure IP from decades prior is better than doing something new. Do you really have such little faith in your product that you need the 35 people who heard of the first Prey? Chances are anyone who does remember that are the kinds of people who will pay attention to a new IP announcement to begin with.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
If a game gets a new entry intended as a 'reboot' or such, just give it a subtitle instead of a numbering. Much better that way.
yeah, that would work as well, definitely

just don't call it the same exact thing as a game that already exits ffs

Yeah I hate when entertainment does that. It's like the suits sit around and think using a name of a super obscure IP from decades prior is better than doing something new. Do you really have such little faith in your product that you need the 35 people who heard of the first Prey? Chances are anyone who does remember that are the kinds of people who will pay attention to a new IP announcement to begin with.
precisely ... by 2017 "Prey" meant absolutely NOTHING

and if you're gonna make a new Prey - make it a new Prey ffs, not just a new game that happens to have the same name for some fucking reason

Reactions: Echoes

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Didn't they have that in OS2 ? If so, how was it ?
They did, though I'm not sure if it ever took off. I never hear anyone ever talk about it. I know I didn't use it yet, but I haven't even finished the base game.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
precisely ... by 2017 "Prey" meant absolutely NOTHING
Maybe that's exactly why they did it:
They weren't going to make a proper Prey 2, and most people had forgotten about the original anyway, but the name was still good (and probably trademarked) so why not use it?

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Maybe that's exactly why they did it:
They weren't going to make a proper Prey 2, and most people had forgotten about the original anyway, but the name was still good (and probably trademarked) so why not use it?
clearly not everyone had forgotten - since we're talking about it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.