Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
yet another World of Darkness game announcement
[UWSL][UWSL]Wraith: The Oblivion - Afterlife[/UWSL][/UWSL]

In other World of Darkness news though it sounds like Werewolf the Apocalypse is EGS exclusive?

Reactions: ISee

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Got an alert that Silent Hunter 5 is currently 3 bucks on Fanatical

sadly, it is the uplay Version (which I already own) that has serious modding issues after a patch a year or so ago. Strangely enough, the Steam Version has no modding issues even when the game uses the Ubisoft servers.

Reactions: MJunioR

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
About Horizon: the HUD is really intrusive and can distract you from how gorgeous the game is.
Fortunately the HUD was fully customizable on PS4, I recommend turning some of it off as soon as you are familiar with the game, especially the part that identifies the plants you can pick up.

Reactions: xinek and MJunioR

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So devs can release on Both Steam and Epic now, but they still choose to do timed Epic exclusive because they want the money?

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
With Funktion gone (hopefully temporarily), I guess it's up to me to shmup-post.

Gunbird 2 came out today! (Also, Strikers 1945 II came out a couple of weeks back, and I'm not sure if it was mentioned at launch). IMO, these two are among the very best in Psikyo's catalog, so if you've only got a passing interest in their shmups, these would be the ones to start with (along with Dragon Blaze, which is supposed to be in the pipeline).

Store pages are also up for these two. I adore Strikers 2, but I've never tried 3, so I'm really looking forward to it.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
One is Story of Seasons but what about the other? :thinking-face:
What if one of those things is just the reveal of the release date for the Rice game (I forget what the name of the game is but I think you have to grow a rice field or something)?

Maybe more information about Uppers/Akiba?

Or is this new game reveal stuff?

Reactions: Rosenkrantz

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
What if one of those things is just the reveal of the release date for the Rice game (I forget what the name of the game is but I think you have to grow a rice field or something)?

Updates are inside their internal planning for the social networks, E3 is for new reveals. :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: taril360dz

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, last we heard it was delayed to 2020, so they could have a proper date for it.
But the way it's shown here makes me think it's something new and not known. Probably some anime titty Senran Kagura game. :blobweary:

Reactions: Li Kao

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
EA is adding Trading Cards to older games already on Steam, just got some cards for the original Mirror´s Edge, thats cool.
I just crafted the mirror's edge badge, and the backgrounds are based on the levels from the DLC that was only available through the origin version of the game (unless you modded it in).

Thanks EA?

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
With all this hype slowly lacquered on for the last few months I'm starting to worry none of the game announcements are going to be in my wheelhouse and everyone else is gonna be all excited and I'm going to not be.

Reactions: LEANIJA and Avern

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
With all this hype slowly lacquered on for the last few months I'm starting to worry none of the game announcements are going to be in my wheelhouse and everyone else is gonna be all excited and I'm going to not be.
That's my feeling every E3

Reactions: LEANIJA

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Pathfinder Kingmaker releasing soon on consoles, and they're bringing the controller support on PC. Meanwhile at Obsidian...

People always tried to convince me that it's not that simple of a task. But come one, when smaller indie studios are able to do exactly that, what's stopping Obsidian?

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Well it was inevitable during E3 but the change in things has given me false hope!
I don't get hyped for new installments in annual or bi-annual series, so even as an online multi-week showcase my hype is still pretty muted overall.
Edit: keep in mind, Ive been working since 2pmESt so I didnt get to see any of the ign show, and the only news ive seen so far that I was interested in was Werewolf, and that's going to a store I dont use, so i can wait until the patched version comes to steam or gog in 2021/2022.

I'm old and cynical about the industry

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Pathfinder Kingmaker releasing soon on consoles, and they're bringing the controller support on PC. Meanwhile at Obsidian...

People always tried to convince me that it's not that simple of a task. But come one, when smaller indie studios are able to do exactly that, what's stopping Obsidian?
Sadly, Deadfire sold poorly. I doubt they want to spend any more resources on it.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Well after almost a week I finally took time to catch up here. Seems like PC is really finding some traction in unexpected places. I have never looked into the Persona games but P4 sounds fun so maybe.

I threw some money at the itch.io bundle, there's a few highlighted games I've wanted and while I will be sad to not have them on Steam, I am willing to support itch and the charity and devs here. Plus the value (even though I went well over the minimum) is bonkers. Conversely, this Humble Choice is probably another skip for me, which would make 3 in a row after only skipping a month the entire duration of monthly before now. Supraland and Hellblade are good games but I've played both (I just played Hellblade recently actually and absolutely loved it), and the other games are kind of low on my wanted level.

In real life news, my city (Kansas City) had a clip of police make it into John Oliver's episode this week. It's worth mentioning that the first 2 days of protests here, police had a lot of the same reaction issues as we see everywhere in the country, but from day 3 they basically blanket said they wouldn't use tear gas or rubber bullets anymore and wouldn't you know it, escalation almost entirely stopped. Remains to be seen what systemic changes, if any, will happen here but it's a weird little city so maybe we can do some real good.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Sadly, Deadfire sold poorly. I doubt they want to spend any more resources on it.
Now that you mentioned it, I've just compared the number of reviews for Deadfire, Pathfinder, Wasteland 2, and ATOM. Pathfinder does have more reviews indeed, and it's probably selling much better than Deadfire. That's quite a surprise to me, tbh. But ATOM, it has less reviews than Deadfire (which might translate to less sales), and it's still receiving updates. ATOM actually had multiple controller support updates, and they just polished it recently. Wasteland 2 is also not very successful despite releasing the director's cut, and yet it has received controller support update as well. These games are pretty much cRPG with KB/M controls at its core, but the devs still managed to make the controller work.

Obsidian also had the chance since the successful Pillars 1. I think it's not about the lack of resource, but just the lack of care. It's probably just ignorance as well, that PC gamers only play on KB/M.

While we're at it, I'm about to rant a little bit about this subject. After all these years being the ambassador of controller support on PC games, I've been browsing and asking for it in countless Steam game forums. It's just depressing that for a platform that excels in robust options, but when someone asks "Where's the controller support at?" People would give the same ol' bullshit like "Why would you play this game with a controller?", "KB/M is superior", "Go back to your console, peasant", and many other PC Master Race chantings. I'm aware that some genres are deep-rooted to its KB/M controls and gameplay, but today, many other games have proven that it's possible to make controllers work in that kind of environment. It's not the 2000s anymore, get with the times.

Last edited:
Reactions: xinek and Angelo

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Now that you mentioned it, I've just compared the number of reviews for Deadfire, Pathfinder, Wasteland 2, and ATOM. Pathfinder does have more reviews indeed, and it's probably selling much better than Deadfire. That's quite a surprise to me, tbh. But ATOM, it has less reviews than Deadfire (which might translate to less sales), and it's still receiving updates. ATOM actually had multiple controller support updates, and they just polished it recently. Wasteland 2 is also not very successful despite releasing the director's cut, and yet it has received controller support update as well. These games are pretty much cRPG with KB/M controls at its core, but the devs still managed to make the controller work.

Obsidian also had the chance since the successful Pillars 1. I think it's not about the lack of resource, but just the lack of care. It's probably just ignorance as well, that PC gamers only play on KB/M.
I wouldn't strictly look at perceived sales, budgets of development are also important. ATOM probably had a tiny budget compared to that of a Deadfire. Their sales are enough that they can continue support of the game, meanwhile information points to Deadfire bombing.

Obsidian probably deemed it not worth the effort to get controller support functioning for a RTwP game.

Reactions: Pommes and Angelo

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
I'm not looking for much out of this PS5 event but it would be really great if they announced a date for Horizon on PC...would be even better if it was this week 😎

Reactions: lashman and Nabs

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
New gameplay trailer. Combat, climbing, puzzles, summoning.

Game looks neat, but that's quite the unflattering thumbnail. :cold-sweat:
Feels like the video was thrown together a bit haphazardly, I hope they'll make a proper trailer to sell the game, they definitely have a big potential with the A-RPG x Tomb Raider aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.