Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Thank you! Still pricey for me :(. I may wait and see what the reviews are after a few days first.
Don't worry about it. I will probably pick it up and share my first impressions here. I am not in a good financial situation as well so need to cut back the budget for summer sale or completely skip it. Not like I need to pick up games anyway since the backlog can easily last me a decade due to limited gaming time.

Reactions: Swenhir and lashman

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Luckily PC seems to be considered as something of a neutral ground so I don't expect much impact, although Sony has been quite scummy lately (Nier, Nioh etc).
Don't forget RE7 VR.
On the other side, Orange Box PS3 had a strange Steam integration and Portal 2 was even cross buy, if I remember correctly.
And now there is Bloodborne and HZD, probably even more. I'm still a bit cautious, but rather optimistic.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
These companies never encountered resistance when they first started chasing those deals. They became an accepted practice since fanboys everywhere cheered everytime other gamers couldn't play a game. They will keep doing them and fanboys will keep cheering even though it's certain that all of them will get screwed over by this. Luckily PC seems to be considered as something of a neutral ground so I don't expect much impact, although Sony has been quite scummy lately (Nier, Nioh etc).
Word on the street is Sony has apparently locked a deal regarding Silent Hill. Hard to imagine a PC version would make the cut.

Reactions: Alexandros

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
The only Switch games I really want and would buy Day 1 on Steam:

Bayo2
BOTW
Links Awakening
Three houses

And that is probably it tbh. The eventual Bayo3 and SMTV would be nice too but those are probably in development hell forever at this point so wtvr.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Don't forget RE7 VR.
On the other side, Orange Box PS3 had a strange Steam integration and Portal 2 was even cross buy, if I remember correctly.
And now there is Bloodborne and HZD, probably even more. I'm still a bit cautious, but rather optimistic.
Bloodborne is not confirmed though, at least the PC part....

Who knows when it will release as well. 6 months after the PS5 release I suppose.

Reactions: ISee

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
I kinda hope Bloodborne will not arrive this year. There will be Cyberpunk soon and who knows how long that will take me :sweaty-blob:

Reactions: Shahem

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
Bloodstained has a roadmap of new content updates through 2020
I'm sort of cynical about this. Zangetsu and Randomizer mode taking more than half a year worried me, so when it says "all plans are subject to change", it basically means it'll surely be delayed. I love Bloodstained but I hope it doesn't take that long at all.
3rd character this year still? Yissssss

What are these crossovers meant to be I wonder?
Castlevania :coffee-blob:
Probably some other indie games though

Reactions: QFNS and BO7AMMOOD

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Whenever I see one of my favorite games get ported to the only platform that has infinite bc I can't help but feel very happy about it.
Knowing that P4G will be in my steam library forever, readily playable on whatever PC I might own in the feature, is very reassuring.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Wonder if they will do PC announcement(s) as part of PS5 show, PC gaming show or as it's own thing.
Actually, I could see this as a parallel thing or maybe tomorrow, timing is too convenient, don't you think?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Actually, I could see this as a parallel thing or maybe tomorrow, timing is too convenient, don't you think?
Yeah, hopefully some Playstation x Valve partnership announcement tommorrow.

The PS5 thingy is tomorrow already, huh.
Wonder if they'll announce Alyx for PS5 VR.
I think so.

Playstation x Valve partnership. Alyx on PSVR and Playstation games on Steam.

Please.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Sure, I know insiders have said it's true but....

Things can change after all and when could it be announced ?

It's a simple matter of me trying not to hype myself up for Thursday should nothing about PC be mentioned.

Reactions: ISee

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Sure, I know insiders have said it's true but....

It's a simple matter of me trying not to hype myself up for Thursday should nothing about PC be mentioned.
Yeah, Im gonna just keep thinking Bloodborne, or any Playstation stuff on PC, won't happen with the exception of Horizon since it's announced.

If it happens, that's awesome, but until it's announced, it's not happening.

Reactions: Shahem

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
ABSOLUTELY!

One of the main reasons why I will never give dates of announcements or releases is because that changes A LOT. For example, I know one of the Xseed games that it's going to be announced this Saturday but that's just in theory, game will still be planned for an announcement this week? that I don't know, that's why I always say, please take things with tons of grains of salt and a lot of patience, because I fucked big time in the past and for over a year people asked me for a game that was confirmed not until 12 months later. so yeah, lesson learned.

In case you want to know what game was that, it was Vanquish for PC, I knew about it a year previous the announcement and I was stupid enough to share it in the public in another community, so yeah, I won't make the same mistake :grimacing-face:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
The Alyx announcement may take a while and may not happen until they officially announce PSVR2 or something things of tracking and also controllers. Also I wonder what the game will be like on PS5 without workshop support.

As for the Nintendo thing, unless the higher ups in Japan see a need to, Nintendo titles on PC (even the more niche ones that didn't sell that well, may not happen sadly). Nintendo could try to do the same as Sony and release their games on their later, but then again Nintendo has a history of keeping their games full price for years and also charging people money for the same game. How many times have people purchased the original Mario game now on Nintendo hardware? Even though we have now moved to a digital era?

I find it sort of funny how I saw this one tweet that talked about how PC fan boys only port beg for Bloodborne and when it comes to anti-consumer stuff they only go after Sony and not Nintendo. And well they are very wrong, there is basically no reason to say anything against Nintendo because they likely will not change in a very long time. And their approach had vaguely been the same for years and it pays off and times and also back fires at times.

Nintendo Online is very anti-consumer, since your pay money for a sub par service. And when you add this service to what games can do it becomes very meh. Like with me in Animal Crossing, just visiting some one else is very annoying

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
ABSOLUTELY!

One of the main reasons why I will never give dates of announcements or releases is because that changes A LOT. For example, I know one of the Xseed games that it's going to be announced this Saturday but that's just in theory, game will still be planned for an announcement this week? that I don't know, that's why I always say, please take things with tons of grains of salt and a lot of patience, because I fucked big time in the past and for over a year people asked me for a game that was confirmed not until 12 months later. so yeah, lesson learned.

In case you want to know what game was that, it was Vanquish for PC, I knew about it a year previous the announcement and I was stupid enough to share it in the public in another community, so yeah, I won't make the same mistake :grimacing-face:
I perfectly understand that. :)

It's enough that you have hinted at HZD not being the very last Sony 1st party game en route.
This video :
Also claimed there would be even more but who knows when will be announced.

I'd settle for Bloodborne this Thursday. I'll be disappointed if no PC version is mentioned but c'est la vie.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
ABSOLUTELY!

Reactions: TheTrain

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Deques

Aight, rapid fire posting time
What's left for PC/Steam
EDIT: Konami Ninja Turtles Collection
Nintendo games
Kingdom Hearts
Some Megaman games
Captain Claw
Final Fantasy Tactics (WoL)
Lots of Konami games
Various Namco/Bamco games
Various Capcom games form the 80s, 90s, 2000s
El Shaddai
Lollipop Chainsaw
Shadows of the Damned
Outrun C2C
Loads of SEGA games
Generations of arcade games
Ninja Gaiden series
Some Falcom games
Fate series
Ar Tolenco 2

..off the top of my head

Last edited:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Where's the coop promised in the KS campaign?
VS Mode (Local/Online) - A tense survival mode where players compete by indirectly attacking each another.

Chaos Mode (Local/Online) - A specialized boss rush for 1 or 2 players. The mode includes randomized drops and special sub goals that will grant more equipment when completed. Collect the best, drop the rest as you build power to defeat all the bosses!
What kind of co-op mode did they promise?

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
50k concurrent for Sea of Thieves is ridiculous.

Its not F2P
Its more than 2 years old now
Its available much cheaper via gamepass
It launched to all sorts of terrible reviews

Way to go RARE.

And good on MS on for putting it on Steam.
Most consumers don't follow games to whatever place they are released. they have their preferred places and stick to it. Regardless id it is Steam, Xbox or Playstation.
That's why releasing your game on anything that will have you is the best course of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.