Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Apparently I am still on a waiting list for a EVGA 3080 from 2020. They just e-mailed me to let me know I'm being switched to a different model that is less efficient at crypto mining. I'm glad I caved and grabbed a 3070 the second it came in stock.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Oh for fuck’s sake, I must be in a very bad place because I spent the evening looking at Wow videos and toying with the idea of getting back in. Haven’t played since Wrath.

But their new player experience looks so confusing.
I sympathize, I am trying to get back into BDO myself. May the powers that be save our souls.

Anxiety is a bitch, though. I am getting better and I hope you will too.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Last edited:

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Anyone here have one of those SK Hynix Gold M2 SSD's? I'm thinking of getting an NVMe drive for DirectStorage at some point down the line and I don't want to buy a crap one.
Apparently I am still on a waiting list for a EVGA 3080 from 2020. They just e-mailed me to let me know I'm being switched to a different model that is less efficient at crypto mining. I'm glad I caved and grabbed a 3070 the second it came in stock.
I got the same emails. Hopefully non-LHR cards are a dying breed.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
PC Health Check thingie has been updated to tell you what compatibility check your PC fails for Windows 11. Learn more is the same old.

I haven't checked my bios to see if there's an option for it yet but I doubt it. I also dunno if this would list all the checks it fails or just the 1st...

Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So any chance SteamPal actually gets announced soon? There was some posts about the 1st earlier in the thread.

Kind of wondering if I should be on alert for a possible preorder :thinking-blob:

Maybe I should hold off and drop money on a GPU instead later this year. Starting to day dream about playing Elden Ring @ 4k with all bells + whistles :so-good-blob:

Come on GabeN give me a sign and not an expensive one pls.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Have they announced the price yet? Is it $30 per title?
I want to say that even Square-Enix could't possibly be that insane but... I can't. I'm hoping for 10 bucks, expecting no less than 15, and bracing myself for 20. Anything above that, I'll just laugh and keep pretending Final Fantasy I and II aren't available on Steam.

I also expect something to be fucky about the PC version. I don't know what but I imagine it will be as baffling as you'd expect. Like, my expectations aren't exactly high here. If they manage to somehow just launch a normal, barebones video game that works without any idiotic issues, I'll probably say good enough and buy it.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
:face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:

The United States, UK and a handful of European countries are among the 22 countries supported, though the service hasn't rolled out in Australia just yet.

If you are a subscriber, you can head to xbox.com/play to access in-browser streaming. The service supports Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Safari, and has also rolled out on iOS devices. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate costs $15 a month (£10.99 / AU$14.95) but if you're a newcomer you can get it for $1 / £1 / AU$1 for the first two months.

Xbox Cloud Gaming currently supported more than 100 titles, including Halo: The Masterchief Collection, Outriders, Minecraft Dungeons, Doom and more. Some games, including Minecraft Dungeons, even have touchscreen UI added, in case you're playing them on Android or iOS devices.

In its announcement, Microsoft confirmed that Xbox Cloud Gaming is being powered by custom Xbox Series X hardware.

"To ensure the lowest latency, highest quality experience across the broadest set of devices, we will be streaming at 1080p and up to 60fps."

Last edited:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Oh for fuck’s sake, I must be in a very bad place because I spent the evening looking at Wow videos and toying with the idea of getting back in. Haven’t played since Wrath.

But their new player experience looks so confusing.
For having tried it recently, I found it just whatever.
It's not like it once was, and despite playing pretty well for its age, I lost interest loooong before the new expansion (which is apparently complete rubbish).
I like private servers though, for the more chill experience. But if you don't get into a community, it's not the raid logging that will keep you occupied.

Reactions: Li Kao

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
PC Health Check thingie has been updated to tell you what compatibility check your PC fails for Windows 11. Learn more is the same old.

I haven't checked my bios to see if there's an option for it yet but I doubt it. I also dunno if this would list all the checks it fails or just the 1st...
Updated. It still doesn't tell me why i can't run Win 11. :(

EDIT: My guess is the missing TPM modul. :(

Last edited:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Updated. It still doesn't tell me why i can't run Win 11. :(

EDIT: My guess is the missing TPM modul. :(
Depending on your CPU, you may just need to enable TPM in your BIOS.

That worked for me on two computers. MS should have their feet on the coals for these vague requirements.

At the very least they should be speaking to motherboard and PC/laptop manufacturers to provide clear guidance on how to enable TPM for each device - right now all the info is muddied on a bunch of clickbait laptop sites that only offer vague advice and spam you with ads and cookie trackers.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

That worked for me on two computers. MS should have their feet on the coals for these vague requirements.

At the very least they should be speaking to motherboard and PC/laptop manufacturers to provide clear guidance on how to enable TPM for each device - right now all the info is muddied on a bunch of clickbait laptop sites that only offer vague advice and spam you with ads and cookie trackers.
I'm a bit baffled why Microsoft is insisting on TPM 2.0 like this. All that would do is keep older devices on Windows 10, even after 2025 (so four years from now). Given how many 10 year old PC are used even today, you'll still have plenty of machines with older CPUs then too. Clearly it's better for security to get these people to an OS that keeps receiving security patches.

From what I understand, TPM isn't something that can ever be a hard requirement, it makes a lot of security sensitive stuff safer and harder to mess with, like how keys are handled in various algorithms, making sure they are safely handled in memory, etc. It would make sense for Microsoft to add this as a hard requirement for OEMs, forcing all new laptops and PC that ship with Windows 11 to have it, but excluding a significant percentage of the PC market is neither good business sense nor does it really help improve security for anybody. A lot of these machines, both laptops and PC, can't even be upgraded with TPM via separate modules.

And it doesn't help how bad MIcrosoft has been in their communication. How did they not see this coming and prepare for i? Explain why you insist on TPM and offer choices for people on older machines. Really getting some late stage IBM vibes from Microsoft in how bad they are about all this.

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else

Nothing in the BIOS to enable TMP or whatever Intel is calling it. I still have a i5 6500.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Nothing in the BIOS to enable TMP or whatever Intel is calling it. I still have a i5 6500.
I believe Intel call it Platform Trust Technology.

That is my biggest issue with all this. AMD call it one thing, Intel call it another and I think some of the various board manufacturers can call it different things.

Once I activated it on the board, it passed MS' test.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'm a bit baffled why Microsoft is insisting on TPM 2.0 like this. All that would do is keep older devices on Windows 10, even after 2025 (so four years from now). Given how many 10 year old PC are used even today, you'll still have plenty of machines with older CPUs then too. Clearly it's better for security to get these people to an OS that keeps receiving security patches.

From what I understand, TPM isn't something that can ever be a hard requirement, it makes a lot of security sensitive stuff safer and harder to mess with, like how keys are handled in various algorithms, making sure they are safely handled in memory, etc. It would make sense for Microsoft to add this as a hard requirement for OEMs, forcing all new laptops and PC that ship with Windows 11 to have it, but excluding a significant percentage of the PC market is neither good business sense nor does it really help improve security for anybody. A lot of these machines, both laptops and PC, can't even be upgraded with TPM via separate modules.

And it doesn't help how bad MIcrosoft has been in their communication. How did they not see this coming and prepare for i? Explain why you insist on TPM and offer choices for people on older machines. Really getting some late stage IBM vibes from Microsoft in how bad they are about all this.
I agree with you, but can you elaborate on the late stage IBM vibes? I'm not a good student of history there.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im heavily considering uninstalling the early access games I have installed and wait till they are out, both because, well they are not complete and because some of them lack cheevos. Many of them are already fantastic games, so I wanna play them, but think Im gonna wait till they are complete, games like Gunfire Reborn, Satisfactory, Dyson, Valheim etc.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I have tried Monster Hunter World on xCloud. Unskippable cutscenes and tutorials. 🙈 Also, I think the target audience is younger than I. No big deal, as I would not have had time to finish the game before it is retired from GamePass tomorrow.

Next is Dark Alliance. :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat: I only play these out of curiosity, and because I don't have to download them.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I agree with you, but can you elaborate on the late stage IBM vibes? I'm not a good student of history there.
IBM - the "blue giant" - used to essentially own the PC landscape. The term "IBM PC" was used for a long time to speak about any PC compatible with the standard IBM set forth. But as time went on, they lost more and more importance. Microsoft created the modern system where they work with OEMs who produce PC compatible with the latest Windows release, and essentially cut out IBM as a hardware manufacturer as well as a software developer.
Today IBM is just a tiny husk of what it once was. They are still big, mostly selling software like databases and other assorted things to businesses, but modern day IBM is no longer the tech giant they used to be.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Ohhhh, there it is

While it is a shame to see another independant developer being swallowed up into exclusivity territory, it still surprises me to this day it took Sony this long to bring them into the fold. That and Bluepoint.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
In my mind Housemarque were always a Playstation studio with other platforms released later as an afterthought so i'm not really surprised tbh.
Sucks for the people who liked their games though i think i've only played one of their games. The launch one on PS4 i forget the name of.

edit: Same with Bluepoint. Didn't they always work closely with Sony for the most part with a couple of games elsewhere now and then?

Status
Not open for further replies.