Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
👀

66€ is still an obscene price on PC, but then i would get all the DLC mhm...

Standard Edition is 45, which is reasonable

Oh well

I mean, this is basically me at the beginning of August. I'd buy it right now but I'm trying to constrain my gaming budget, and I want to buy the new Ai: The Somnium Files game this month, and Stray next month. I also want to keep cash aside for the not-E3 shadowdrops.

I generally hate paying more than £40 for a game and I'm happy to wait for them to come down in price, but Sega/Atlus (especially Atlus) clearly has me by the balls at this point.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
This is interesting denial:

That paragraph can be interpreted in different ways, but I think you can argue that Valve cuts side deals with certain publishers for lower commissions. I have little reason to believe the top tier publishers pay the default commission and Valve gives them special rates, especially since their games would mostly sell regardless of which platform they were on.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
👀

66€ is still an obscene price on PC, but then i would get all the DLC mhm...

Standard Edition is 45, which is reasonable

Oh well
Never used this site. 66 with all dlc is very tempting considering it's 100 on steam.

Then again, I could save 21 and get the base game. 66 is still a lot for me, I shouldn't even be buying games that aren't dirt cheap but the fact that this sequel is happening feels like a miracle, I want to support it.
I work my ass off at an extremely stressful job but never have money for anything.
And people ask me why I look depressed.

Edit: looks like that voucher doesn't work anymore.

Last edited:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
That paragraph can be interpreted in different ways, but I think you can argue that Valve cuts side deals with certain publishers for lower commissions. I have little reason to believe the top tier publishers pay the default commission and Valve gives them special rates, especially since their games would mostly sell regardless of which platform they were on.

It would be stupid to deny it if there are really side deals with big publishers, the defense can ask for those publishers to answer the question and it would be REALLY stupid to make a false statement as a witness.

Reactions: Tomasety and Arc

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
It would be stupid to deny it if there are really side deals with big publishers, the defense can ask for those publishers to answer the question and it would be REALLY stupid to make a false statement as a witness.
Claim was that everyone ("all games") was paying 30%.
So Valve's denial of that means the opposite, not everyone was paying 30%.

(Also Valve's not witness, but defendant. )

Mistake in last paragraph is probably that it says "in sales" (before cut) rather than earnings (after cut).

• Eyes

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Claim was that everyone ("all games") was paying 30%.
So Valve's denial of that means the opposite, not everyone was paying 30%.

(Also Valve's not witness, but defendant. )

Mistake in last paragraph is probably that it says "in sales" (before cut) rather than earnings (after cut).
No, I mean that there is a claim that Valve has secret side deals with big publishers like EA for example.
EA could be ordered to stand as a witness and be asked if they have any special deals with Valve. and EA would be stupid to lie.

• Eyes

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
No, I mean that there is a claim that Valve has secret side deals with big publishers like EA for example.
EA could be ordered to stand as a witness and be asked if they have any special deals with Valve. and EA would be stupid to lie.
Oh, now I understand what you meant.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Blanket statements like "all sales" and "any sale of a pc game" are pretty broad. Certainly Valve's own games fit into both of those descriptors and they probably get a bit over 30% from those. :toucan:
"All sales on Steam" also covers soundtracks and movies/anime/etc, what's the split on those? Could be the same, but I have honestly no idea. I don't remember it ever coming up.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Blanket statements like "all sales" and "any sale of a pc game" are pretty broad. Certainly Valve's own games fit into both of those descriptors and they probably get a bit over 30% from those. :toucan:
"All sales on Steam" also covers soundtracks and movies/anime/etc, what's the split on those? Could be the same, but I have honestly no idea. I don't remember it ever coming up.
also maybe they factor Steam keys in, where its kinda a sale but Valve gets nothing

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Just a reminder there are some Japan games that sold better on PC than they did on PlayStation, there are examples like Danganronpa where the PC version outsold the PS versions from what I remember.

Just as a reminder that PS doesn't really carry games and that's one of the reasons why we don't really see first party Japanese games from Sony and I was hoping that these would be reason enough to just release some of those on PC.

When it comes to metrics unless that game is going 10+ million units sold than it's a failure.

Is it possible that Sony is too actually blame for why SE had just insane expectations for their Western decision compared to their Japanese division? As much as I like DQ, DQ is not a series were one single entry will be selling anywhere close to 10+ million units world wide. Maybe it can do 6-8 million, but definitely not 10 million units sold, and that's one of the most beloved JRPG series in Japan.

I guess why spend millions on a "niche" game were third party games will have you covered and all you have to do is either pay for promoting the game or an exclusive deal (I think VR mode in RE was only $3 million USD?)

Also Bloodborne is really just strange especially with how well known and liked it is, but I think still only managed to sell over 5 millions units, that game is a console seller but only sold that many units.

I guess it's for these reasons why we will see only see the big AAA titles from Sony on PC and not stuff like Shadow of the Colossus on PC. I think the remake is okay but I do feel that more people should really play that game since it's an experience in of itself.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I need to optimize my home network.

WIth my Modem -> Netgear night hawk I was averaging around 15mbps and upload of 2mbps and when I connect directly to the modem I am seeing download of almost 55mbps and uploads of 10mbps.

Thoughts on what might be causing this? I thought it might be my modem since I have 10 devices connected to my wifi router. It's an older modem that my ISP gave to me for free (or at least they have never charged me for it).

or could it be my wi-fi router? it's a Netgear Nighthawk X4

• Eyes

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yea if they are gonna make a new Banjo they absolutely need to port Rare Replay to PC.

I don't care how much resources will be needed make Rare do that shit for the sake of both preservation and selling well on Steam. Phil needs to make it happen.

And you could even throw in the rumored GodenEye rerelease into the collection that way.

• Eyes

pinson

Sep 6, 2021
Canada
Yea if they are gonna make a new Banjo they absolutely need to port Rare Replay to PC.

I don't care how much resources will be needed make Rare do that shit for the sake of both preservation and selling well on Steam. Phil needs to make it happen.

And you could even throw in the rumored GodenEye rerelease into the collection that way.
Having both the Perfect Dark AND the Goldeneye remasters on Steam would be a dream. I love those games.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Also I keep forgetting MS is about to acquire Activision.

Not only can they make a new Banjo but they will have Crash + Spyro to play around with as well. And they have Toys 4 bob + Rare + DoubleFIne. If they properly manage these studios they can pump out so many good 3d platformers.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
P5R coming to PC/Xbox/Game Pass has been rumored for a while. Doesn’t mean it’s true, of course.

also wouldn’t be shocked if Soul Hackers 2 is on Game Pass at launch. the fact that it’s coming to both Xbox consoles and Windows Store suggests to me that it’s already planned for GP at some point soon, even if not on day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.